Strabismus

I fear that my ptosis and strabismus cannot be corrected. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 26 years old. I am working in software field. I do have problems of ptosis and strabismus in my left eye since birth. I am not able to see with this eye until I forcefully close my right (dedicated) eye. I got operated for ptosis when I was 11, and it got recovered a lot. But,...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have double elevator palsy. It is also known as monocular elevation deficit with ptosis. You are right in saying that superior rectus and inferior oblique muscles are non-functioning. The only treatment is surgery. We operate squint first, and Knapp surgery is require...  Read Full »

What is the reason for having double vision and is it preventable?

Query: Hi doctor, I experienced double vision in a 100-mile trail run around 18 hours into the race. The double vision cleared after 20 minutes of closing my eyes in the medical tent. After a week, I saw an ophthalmologist who did a few tests and concluded that it was eye fatigue. I experienced double vis...  Read Full »

Dr. Rasmi

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that you have phoria (not strabismus) and the fatigue in eye muscle cause double vision. I advise you to decrease the effort. Take good time to rest and use vitamin B (1,6,12) and keep your vision good (always about 20/20) by glasses or without any problem in y...  Read Full »

My age is 26. I have crossed eyes/squint eyes. Suggest me any solution.

Query: Hi, My age is 26 years. I have crossed eyes problem. Can it be brought back to normal by a surgery?  Read Full »

Dr. N. Sathian

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query at icliniq.com. We have to check whether your vision is equal in both the eyes. If the vision is equal in both the eyes and the problem is only with the Squint Eyes(Crossed eye/Strabismus), then it can be brought back to normal by a surgery. If the vision is bad ...  Read Full »

Will squint surgery improve vision?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. My left eye is not entirely blind, but if I watch a powerful light, I just see a low white light. This problem is about 23 years. Is it due to retinal detachment and it has become squint heavily. I repaired my detachment with scleral buckle nine months ago, and it...  Read Full »

Dr. Chandrashekhar Kale

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can undergo squint correction surgery in your left eye. However, this will purely be a cosmetic surgery. There will be no improvement in your left eye vision. Also, there will be a possibility of recurrence of squint in left eye after surgery, as the eye is almost bli...  Read Full »

My eye looks smaller after exotropia surgery. Should I worry?

Query: Hello doctor, I had an exotropia surgery before. It was a strabismus kind of thing. But my eye, the one with the condition, is small and the pupil is like looking down. When I take pictures is very noticeable. I need to flip them to make them look normal. Is it normal that my eye is smaller and is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. From the image you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I can see that your right eye is a bit red. Has your right eye always been a little red? How long back did you get the squint surgery? If you have had surgery long a...  Read Full »

What would you recommend for amblyopic eyes?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old male and I have some questions about my eyesight. I have amblyopia and strabismus. When I was born, I was almost blind in my left eye around 20/200. My eye doctor made me wear glasses and patch my right eye until I was about 6. As I absolutely hated the patching I wa...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have explained everything very well. Whenever there is a difference in refractive status of more than 1 diopter between two eyes, there is a chance of amblyopia (lazy eye) when the brain starts ignoring the blurry eye. I think your eye doctor has done a great job that...  Read Full »

Should I be concerned about my son's restricted eye movement?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 10 days old. His right eye has never turned towards right. It has looked left, straight, up and down but never right. His left eye has a full range of movement. I have read about squint strabismus. However, I do not read anything about a restricted eye movement. Should I be conc...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: HI, Welcome to icliniq.com. Restricted eye movement suggests two things: Duane Retraction syndrome (DRS). Congenital sixth nerve palsy. DRS is usually associated with decrease in palpebral aperture in left gaze and normal in attempted right gaze. So look for that. Both the above are conditions assoc...  Read Full »

Does my baby have squint eyes?

Query: Hello doctor, The query is regarding my 6.5 months old baby girl. She has been seen by two pediatric ophthalmologists. The first one examined her eyes using a Plusoptix vision screener and assured us that everything was normal based on the testing results. He assured us that there was no strabismus....  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome back to icliniq.com. The amount of refractive error manifested depends on the cycloplegic medications used and the amount of time elapsed after using the medication. The gold standard for a 2 year old is Atropine ointment for three days followed by retinoscopy. So, if different medicat...  Read Full »

I have arteriovenous nicking in my left eye. Is it something serious?

Query: Hello doctor,My ophthalmologist said I had arteriovenous nicking in two spots in my left eye. He also said to check my blood pressure. An extensive heart test (ECG, EKG) came back normal with blood pressure measurement of 110/70. I also have checked my blood pressure consistently over the past five ...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The arteriovenous nicking or AV crossing changes you mentioned, although present, seem quite harmless in the fundus photos you have sent me. Please do not worry about these, as they are not associated with other precursor changes of hypertensive retinopathy. I am als...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.

Ask a Specialist Now

Get Expert advice/consultation in 3 steps
1
Describe your health issue
2
Upload documents
3
Pay consultation fee