Tinea Corporis

Related Terms: Fungal Infection, Levocetirizine, Ringworm Infections, Antifungal, Itching, Ringworm Manifestation, Ringworm Risk Factors

Which is the best treatment for fungal infection?
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from fungal infection from the last two years, continuously used many ointments but no benefit observed such as Ketoform, Dermiform, Sertaconazole, Luliconazole, Ring ring , Btex, Ring Guard and currently using Dermex cream. Please give me appropriate medicine name or a...  Read Full »
Dr. Payal Chauhan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have tinea corporis. The creams that you have used are steroids that are not to be given for fungal infection. Application of these creams has aggravated your situation. Topical treatment can be used for relief but you need to be started on oral medicines for compl...  Read Full »

Which medicine can cure fungal infection on the wrist?
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering for the past two months supposedly some fungal infection on the wrist of my right hand. It is circular and expands in a ring red in color. I have been using Candid B cream but as it goes away it comes back again and increase in size. When it expands, white pus-like smal...  Read Full »
Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history is strongly in favor of tinea corporis. Tinea Corporis is a fungal infection, usually a consequence of excessive sweating, occlusion, and friction. If not treated correctly, it tends to keep recurring. Candid B is a combination of an antifungal with steroid...  Read Full »

I have multiple itchy lesions all over my body. What can they be?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 72 years male, who weighs 66 kg and I am 166 cm tall. I have multiple itchy lesions all over my body which responses temporarily to oral steroids. RAST test showed I am allergic to dogs and cats. My dermatologist diagnosed it as type 3 hypersensitivity (IgG mediated), and I am no...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query. It seems you have developed either allergic contact dermatitis or tinea corporis. Please sent pictures of the lesions, for a better understanding. Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-o...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for ringworm?
Query: Hi doctor, I have ringworm on the thighs, arms and chest for four months. When I used Fourderm, it was fine for two weeks. But again, it came back. I have not taken any oral medicines yet. I am on BP medicine Stamlo Beta. My age is 59 years.  Read Full »
Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Dermatophytosis or ringworm infection is caused by fungi that invade and grow in dead keratin. Tinea corporis is the fungal infection of body, including trunk and arms. Risk factors for recurrent fungal infections include any immunocompromised state like diabetes. ...  Read Full »

Are these patches behind the ear and on the back of head due to tinea capitis?
Query: Hello doctor, Do you think I have tinea capitis? I am attaching my shaved head photograph. I am currently using Ketoconazole 2 % shampoo.  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your clinical picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, it is looking like tinea but not tinea capitis. It is tinea corporis (corporis - body parts) spreading on to your scalp. There is a round rash with active edges and clear center on yo...  Read Full »

Why am I having pain associated with a red color patch?
Query: Hi doctor, It is about two months that I have pain in the L5/S1 region. I also have a red patch at this region. The picture of which I have attached. It is a localized pain. When I bend forward or sit down it increases. But, when I bend backward I do not have any problem. The red patch does not it...  Read Full »
Dr. Charu Bansal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query. I have seen the attached photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity) also. I understand your concern. The possibilities for the red patch on your back are lichen simplex chronicus and tinea corporis. Lichen simplex chronicus is ...  Read Full »

Ringworm Infections
Article Overview: This article discusses in detail the preventive measures for ringworm infections.  Read Article »
Dr. Vinay Kumar

Medical Name: Tinea corporis This is an infective condition of the skin that is caused by fungus which has tendency to grow fast in the hot, humid regions of the body. Facts About Ringworm Infections: Ring worm infection affects people of all age groups and has a worldwide distribution. It ...  Read Article »

The Manifestation of Ringworm Infection and Its Treatment
Article Overview: I would like to ward off the most common misunderstanding among many people and that is ringworm is not an infection caused by any worm. Ringworm lesions are the most common and also one of the cosmetically annoying fungal lesions. To get to know the ringworm well, we need to go through the basics of it.  Read Article »
Dr. Narendra

Ringworm is a fungal infection, which is called tinea in medical terms. Ringworm, as the name suggests, is the name derived from the pattern of the lesion that develops in this disease. There is a ring-like lesion at one or more sites over the body. The sites could be anywhere in the body like scalp ...  Read Article »

hgfhfh hfgh
Article Overview: gfh gfhgfhgfhgfh dsdsds safsadf  Read Article »

Do you have Ringworm - The Do's and Don’Ts
Article Overview: Fungal infections (tinea) are common in routine dermatology practice and they tend to become recurrent even with adequate medications if proper skin care measures are not followed. This article provide details about the Ringworm, the sites where it commonly affecting, how does it looks like, symptoms, the do's and the dont's.  Read Article »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Tinea or ringworm is a fungal infection caused by a group of fungus known as dermatophytes. The name 'ringworm' is a misnomer and they are not caused by worms. The name is due to the ring-like appearance of the rash. What Are the Sites Commonly Affected by Ringworm? It can involve any body site f ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Tinea Corporis? We have medical experts to help you right away.