Uti

Related Terms: Urinary Tract Infection, Urinary Tract Infections (UTI), Urinary Infections, Urine Culture, Kidney Stones, Urine Analysis, Diabetes

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old girl, I am having left abdominal pain and burning sensation on urinating. I did an ultrasound, but it was normal, and no renal stones were found. After few days, I started having pain from the back till the bladder, vomiting, and weakness. So, I got admitted, and t...  Read Full »
Dr. Raja Ramesh
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and from what you say, it may be a urinary tract infection. To rule out urinary tract infection, I would suggest urine culture. Left sided pain can occur if the left kidney and ureter is infected, ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I have a question regarding my urine. I feel I might have urinary tract infection, as I feel slight burning while passing the urine, and once the urine is done for a few seconds. Also, sometimes my urine is cloudy, or milky type at the beginning of the urine. Leukocyte esterase came posi...  Read Full »
Dr. Karthik Rajan
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query, I would like to know a few more details to answer your query better. Do you have any fever or lower abdominal pain? Have you had any slowing of your urinary stream recently? Is this your first attack of UTI or have you had one before? Y...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, A few days ago I was diagnosed with UTI infection. I was put on antibiotics, and the ER doctor sent my urine for a culture. My doctor told me that Klebsiella pneumoniae is present in my urine culture and referred me to a specialist. What does it mean? I am 23 years old and sexually active...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. UTI - urinary tract infection caused by Klebsiella takes longer to get treated. But, once cleared it should not come back. Recurrent UTI could be due to kidney stones, diabetes, dehydration, involvement of upper urinary tract, frequent sexual encounters, etc. I would ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, A few months ago, I was suffering from UTI and followed by vaginal dryness. Right now, I feel occasional sharp pain in my vagina, which subsides after a while. Also, I am getting pain during intercourse. I wanted to know the ways to treat this vaginal dryness. I had urine and culture t...  Read Full »
Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain can be due to cystitis or recurrence of UTI (urinary tract infection). UTI will not cause vaginal dryness. It indicates inadequate exposure to estrogen (hormone), which can be due to many causes. Regarding dryness and pain during intercourse, it can be reduce...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, My husband is 28 years old. He has had lower abdominal pain since two months. I have marked the paining area in the attached picture. He has pain in the area just behind this in the back also. The pain is mild about 0.5 in 10 scale and sometimes 2 or 3 out of 10. There is a mild burning ...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivekanandan G
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking at your husband's urine routine examination report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is very clear that it is unlikely to be UTI in any form. I think the groin pain could be non-specific. It may be related to your posture, nature of work, etc. I...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. I was previously diagnosed with UTI for three to four times in the last two years. Now, I have a frequently occurring problem of itching and burning in my urethra about three to four times in a month. It stays for around 4 to 5 hours and slowly goes off after ...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivekanandan G
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, drinking 8 liters of water a day will harm your kidneys. Bring it down to not more than 3 liters per day. All burning sensation in urethra is not due to UTI (urinary tract infection). So, the next time when you develop urethral discomfort, please do a urine ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question. Well, I had an STD. It was chlamydia, but it was cured. It was months ago. I recently had sexual relationships like two months ago, after that, I started getting a yellow discharge and I went to the doctor. They told me I had UTI. They gave me pills that I am taking...  Read Full »
Dr. Umamaheshwari Mrutyunjaya Nilange

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pill is not the cause of bleeding. You said your cycles are not regular. So, what happens is because the cycle duration is long, there are chances of heavy bleeding. Unless you have confirmed that pregnancy was not there (abortion can cause too much bleeding), ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old male. I did a urine test today, there is no UTI or any infection, but the RBC count was 0 to 1. I did a test six weeks back, which showed the RBC count to be 4 to 6. I still feel there is a block to the urine flow, and I have to go every 15 minutes or every one hou...  Read Full »
Dr. Devendra
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history suggests that you have very frequent urination and poor flow with recurrent UTI (urinary tract infection). I would like to know the following. Do you have constipation or numbness of the sole? How frequently do you get up at night? Has any catheter been put ...  Read Full »

Simple Tips for UTI Prevention in Women

Article Overview: This article discusses the common reasons for recurrent urinary tract infections (UTI) in women and presents some easy-to-follow suggestions to avoid getting the infection in the first place.  Read Article »
Dr. Geethu Thomas
Urologist

Urinary tract infection is one of the most common illnesses that increases the morbidity in the patients. Females are more prone to UTI than men due to their short urethra, and it is even more so, in sexually active females, due to the trauma encountered by the urethra during the act. During ...  Read Article »

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question about kidney function. I had a urinary tract infection about two years ago. From that period, I am doing blood tests to evaluate the kidney function every 15 days. My urine test is always within normal range, and no protein or glucose has been found. My blood creatini...  Read Full »
Dr. Raja Ramesh
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The frequency with which follow-up is required is based upon the disease you are suffering from. From the statement that you had a urinary tract infection two years ago, I am not able to come to any conclusion regarding the exact disease. Yes, there are some dangerous ki...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Uti? We have medical experts to help you right away.