Vision Problem

Related Terms: Blurred Vision, Dry Eyes, Headache, Refractive Error, Spectacles, Eye Examination, Computer Vision Syndrome

Can poor vision be due to genetic cause?
Query: Hello doctor,I have a problem in both my eyes, low vision, and the doctor says that it is genetic but I feel the problem for the last two years and I work in computer and also the doctor said that the problem has no medicine or surgery. So, please help what I should do and computer operation is more...  Read Full »
Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The doctors feel that you could be suffering from a problem of your retina. They are currently unsure about the exact type of disease and have asked you to get a test called the EO...  Read Full »

I have vision problems after laser IOL implant. What to do?
Query: Hello doctor,After laser IOL implant I now have severe aniseikonia. Was it wrong diopter lense? Can it be undone? Very poor and triple vision. What to do?  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Vaswani
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I shall try to answer all your queries in detail. Aniseikonia occurs when the difference in refractive error is more than 4 or 5 diopters between two eyes. If you say you had laser-assisted cataract surgery which means a femto surgery, the size of incision would be...  Read Full »

What is causing vision problems in both the eyes?
Query: Hi doctor, I have attached the scan reports of my aunt. She is 54 years old, diabetic, and hypertensive. She is on medication to control sugar and BP. She had an eye surgery before one year for some nerve problem in one of her eyes. The reason given by the ophthalmologist was diabetes. Now, her comp...  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Vaswani
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the files (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is a blood clot in the retina of the left eye of your aunt. This is not due to diabetes per say it may be a contributing factor. Here is what she should do: Anti VEGF (vascular...  Read Full »

Suggest ayurvedic treatment for vision problems and fibrocystic mastopathy.
Query: Hello doctor, I am 61 years old and I am 165 cm. I weigh 55 kg. I was found to have the small formation of microcalcinates in the left mammary gland. It was operated and cancer was not found. Diagnosis after surgery was fibrocystic mastopathy. Could you recommend treatment for preventing this proble...  Read Full »
Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In order to prevent fibrocystic mastopathy, I suggest you take tablet Aloes Compound one tablet in the morning and one in the evening after food. This can be continued lifelong. The main ingredient is the aloe vera. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or h...  Read Full »

How to resolve peripheral vision problem?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from peripheral vision for the past one year. I cannot control my peripheral vision by ignoring the people just beside my main vision. It is much wider than foveal vision and it seems like I am staring the person. Please help me to resolve this.  Read Full »
Dr. Anand
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is very rare and can happen both in neurological and retinal problems. Can you give more details about the problem? How it started and what is the duration? Do you have any history of injury? How old are you? Are you using any glasses? What is the vision? Please sen...  Read Full »

MOG IgG positive, and NMO IgG negative with vision problem. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, MOG IgG positive, and NMO IgG negative. Sudden problem in vision of one eye. Age 9 years, female. Treatment IVMP for five days. Please suggest the best possible treatment and please explain about the condition.  Read Full »
Dr. Prakashkumar P.bhatt

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. MOG-antibodies are common in children with acute demyelinating syndromes (like optic neuritis in your case) with both monophasic and relapsing disease courses. MOG is myelin oligodendrocytes glycoprotein normally present on oligodendrocytes of brain, spinal cord and ...  Read Full »

Does staring at car headlight cause vision problem?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a police officer and tonight we were looking for a specific car. This entailed me staying in one spot and looking at the license plate of oncoming cars. As the cars come in I am staring at the license plate trying to read it while also looking right into its headlights. I felt a p...  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Staring at bright lights for a while causes transient bleaching of the photoreceptors of the retina. This is universal and normal. When one stares at bright light, one needs some time to recover the function. So, please do not worry. Staring at car headlights is not worr...  Read Full »

Having Lazy eye with vision problem. How can the vision be improved?
Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 30 years old and is having Lazy eye with vision problem, in her left eye. It is not squint. The other eye is having normal vision. How can the vision be improved?  Read Full »
Dr. Abhishek Onkar
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Lazy eye, without squint could lead to the following possibilities: 1. Amblyopia. 2.Retinal problem. 3. Neurological problem. I would advice you to: Take an ophthalmic consultation with full ophthalmic examination. Refraction test. Fundus examination. ...  Read Full »

Eye test reports are normal, but have some vision problem in left eye. Why ?
Query: Hi doctor, My wife could not be able to see through her left eye. She has some pain near her eye like a headache, but there is no numbness or vomiting scenario. Now, her vision is at CF. We had our first visit before 10 days. The doctor did not find anything except the pressure is 29 and he sugges...  Read Full »
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Please do not worry. In my opinion, there are two issues. Glaucoma. Optic disc pathology. It can be a POAG, primary open angle glaucoma and the treatment is antiglaucoma medicine. If the pressure is normal and optic disc is normal...  Read Full »

Can hit in the back of the head may cause vision problem?
Query: Hello doctor, Tonight, I was doing sit ups in a group. It was a competition, so we were doing them very quickly. One person was doing them behind me and we did not realize we were in such close proximity and we banged the back of our heads together pretty hard. I am not sure exactly where I got a hi...  Read Full »
Dr. Rajyaguru

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your question. If you have only localized pain that is a pain in the back of the head where you got hit, then nothing to worry about. You have not lost consciousness also and that is another sign that the hit was not a major one. Regarding loss of vision, tha...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Vision Problem? We have medical experts to help you right away.