Vitamin D

Related Terms: Vitamin D Deficiency, Calcium Supplements, Vitamin Supplements, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Vitamin Deficiency, Exercises, Cholecalciferol

Vitamin-D Deficiency and Rickets In Children
Article Overview: This article discusses in detail about the causes, investigations and management of rickets.  Read Article »
Dr. Babu Lal Meena
Paediatrician

Rickets is a disease of growing bone that occurs in children. It occurs due to failure of bone mineralization. It's management is necessary to maintain growth of the child. It requires simple investigations and supplementation of vitamin D and calcium. Causes: It occurs mostly due to vitamin D def ...  Read Article »

Will vitamin D deficiency during pregnancy affect baby growth?
Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 29 years old and we have a 5 year old son. It was a premature delivery in the 34th week and it was a normal delivery. After that, she had three abortions and all are because of no fetal growth and heartbeat. Currently, she is 10 weeks pregnant. Her recent ultrasound scan sho...  Read Full »
Dr. Sonal Prasad

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The vitamin D levels are in deficient range and vitamin B12 levels are normal. There is no need to discontinue the pregnancy due to these values. Vitamin D supplementation will help to have adequate levels in baby. I suggest vitamin D supplementation Calcirol sachet 60...  Read Full »

Can vitamin D supplement worsen constipation?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old male. I have vitamin D deficiency of about 6.51 ng/mL. Also, I am suffering from severe constipation with very slow bowel movement. Currently, I am taking ayurveda medicine for the fissure. Can vitamin D supplement make constipation worse? Please help me.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vitamin D supplement has to be taken once a week. The most easily available one is capsule Uprise D3 60 k. Now for constipation, I would suggest you the following: Get a thyroid function test done as hypothyroidism might be the cause behind the constipation that you ar...  Read Full »

Can vitamin D deficiency cause pain while closing hands?
Query: Hello doctor, I have vitamin D deficiency. My treatment and supplement is going on. I feel too much weakness and lethargy. I cannot close my hands completely. My hands pain while closing. There is numbness and tingling in fingers all the time. It is more in the night and when I get up. Light obj...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vitamin D deficiency will not cause pain in closing hands and neither tingling sensation. Motor weakness like dropping of light objects is also not caused by vitamin D deficiency. All these are usually caused by nerve compression or has origin in brain. The next step w...  Read Full »

My vitamin D is very low and I am feeling malaise. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old final year medical student. I started feeling malaise since four weeks associated with fatigue. I thought it was a subclinical viral infection and took bed rest. Slowly my limbs started to pain, only the thigh. It gradually progressed over two weeks and now I cannot wa...  Read Full »
Dr. Sudheer Ambekar
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vitamin D deficiency can cause severe bony pain, malaise and fatigue. You should start treatment for vitamin D immediately. With a level of 14, you should be fine taking oral supplementation. Since you are symptomatic, I suggest you take parenteral supplementation. I su...  Read Full »

How much vitamin D should I take daily?
Query: Hi doctor, How much vitamin D should I take on a daily basis? I am 50 years old. What is the most you can take? What are the normal levels of vitamin D? Thanks.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It depends whether you are deficient or not. You should check your vitamin D levels first. The normal level will be more than 30 ng/mL. If you are deficient, then you need tablet Uprise D3 60k (Cholecalciferol), once a week for eight weeks. Then once a month for six mo...  Read Full »

Can low vitamin D and B12 levels have adverse effects on the fetus?
Query: Hello doctor, My 29-year-old sister has a 5-year-old son. It was premature delivery (34th week) and it was a normal delivery. After that, for three times she had abortions and all were between 8 to 10 weeks because of no fetal growth and no heartbeats found. Currently, she is 10 weeks pre...  Read Full »
Dr. Sonal Prasad

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The vitamin D levels are in a deficient range and vitamin B12 levels are normal. There is no need to discontinue the pregnancy due to these values. Vitamin D supplementation will help to gain adequate levels in the baby. I suggest you start with vitamin D supplemen...  Read Full »

I have low vitamin D and testosterone. Is this the reason for my forgetfulness?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 50 year old. My height is 179 cm and weight 85 kg. Recently, I have tested for free testosterone and vitamin D. Both are on lower side. I am also taking Thyronorm 75 mg since last 7-8 years. I have attached my medical file of past health issues. After 7 PM, I feel very low and confus...  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, for your low testosterone and low vitamin D you need to take supplements. For vitamin D, I recommend Cholecalciferol sachets or tablets 60000 units weekly once for three months. Also take Calcium supplements every night. For testosterone you need to get Testosteron...  Read Full »

Do I need vitamin D and iron supplement?
Query: Hi doctor, My 25-OH vitamin D total CLIA test showed result of 13.36 ng/mL. What supplement should I start and for how long? Also my iron is 41.2. Do I need a supplement?  Read Full »
Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For vitamin D deficiency you need to take capsule Cholecalciferol 60,000 IU once a week for six weeks. Vitamin D is necessary for our body for general health and for calcium absorption into our body. So, indirectly it helps to maintain bone health. Vitamin D is synthe...  Read Full »

Sources and Importance of Vitamin D
Article Overview: This article discusses the importance of vitamin D, vitamin D deficiency, and its natural sources.  Read Article »
Dr. Krutika Ingle Karandikar

Sources of Vitamin D: Sunlight is the most important and abundant source of vitamin D available. Non-vegetarian food is the second most important sources of vitamin D. Examples are fish oils, egg yolk, dairy products, etc. Vegetarian food has scarce amounts of vitamin D. Some of the exa ...  Read Article »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Vitamin D? We have medical experts to help you right away.