Normal Serum Creatinine Level

Can creatinine levels vary in healthy adults?

Query: Hello doctor, This person is 43 years old and male. He takes weekly urine screen at the same time of each week. The screen measures creatinine in mg/dL and the previous creatinine results are as follows: 117, 221, 179, 88, 147, 235, 201, 173, 100, 92, 123 and 142. About a year ago, he had levels as ...  Read Full »

Dr. Krishna Somani

Nephrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a quite interesting query. Firstly, the thing you should know is that the creatinine is a byproduct of muscle metabolism which has no role to play in blood. The amount of creatinine removal from urine depends both on the production from muscle as well...  Read Full »

Will Removal Of Kidney Stone Improve Gfr?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old female. I have had a kidney stone in my right kidney for around eight months and now it is relatively large 22 mm. I have attached my report for your reference. I am suffering from recurrent kidney infections in the past couple years and had a stone in my left kidney wh...  Read Full »

Dr. Krishna Somani

Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw all your reports and your clinical details (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your tendency for recurrent stone formation which needs to be evaluated. You need not to worry about eGFR (estimated glomerular filtration rate) currently as creatinin...  Read Full »

Is creatinine level of 0.98 normal?

Query: Hello doctor, My creatinine blood level is 0.98. It is normal. My age is 27, weight is 88. My urine output has also reduced.  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your health query and can understand your concerns. Your creatinine levels are not abnormal in this laboratory result (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The results are from a reliable laboratory and show you have well within the normal ra...  Read Full »

What is serum creatinine and why do we measure it?

Query: Hello Doctor, What is serum creatinine and why do we measure it?  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We normally measure serum creatinine values in a few medical conditions. Serum creatinine is a very important determinant, since it is a waste product. Its elevation in the serum points some kidney disorder such as glomerulonephritis, pyelonephritis, UTI (Urina...  Read Full »

Is BUN to creatinine ratio normal in my reports?

Query: Hello doctor, Can you please have a look at my reports. Is my BUN to creatinine ratio normal? I am diabetic and I have been taking Glykind-M, half a tablet every day.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). BUN-creatinine ratio is fine. It is not significant here. It is important only if individual values are abnormal. So nothing to worry about it. Other abnormalities are noticed, like dera...  Read Full »

Is my kidney deteriorating?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old male. 18 months ago, my serum creatinine and blood urea were 0.9 mg/dL and 15 mg/dL respectively. Around a year back, it was 1.2 mg/dL and 25 mg/dL and now, 1.2 mg/dL and 38 mg/dL respectively. I do not have diabetes. It is 94 mg/dL at fasting. The blood pressure is 11...  Read Full »

Dr. Krishna Somani

Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What is your weight and BMI (body mass index)? Are you obese or have a significant tummy? Get a urine routine and microscopy and UPCR (urine protein to creatinine ratio) for excluding any kidney problem. Your creatinine is fine, but still, the tests mentione...  Read Full »

Creatinine level is 1.12 in a 52-year-old patient. What does it mean?

Query: Hello doctor,I want to ask for my mother. Her age is 52 years approximately. She was diagnosed with high blood sugar level (365) two years back after recovering from chikungunya. We did blood sugar tests every month after that but it was never high less than 98 to 110 fasting blood sugar levels. Due...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand all your concerns. Fortunately, creatinine 1.12 is within the normal range with no clinical significance. One of the most effective strategies to keep the kidneys healthy is good hydration specially in the summer months. I recommend repeating the test again...  Read Full »

Kindly have a look at my medical reports and advise.

Query: Hello doctor,I just did some medical test for no reason just as part of the routine check. Can anyone confirm if all reports are fine or if needed immediate medical attention? Currently, I am taking Telday 40 blood pressure medicine everyday.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked the attached reports thoroughly (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and I can affirm that all laboratory values are within normal and there is no need to worry. No medical attention is required based on these laboratory results. Please tell m...  Read Full »

Why is there a rise in my creatinine level?

Query: Hello doctor, My creatinine level is 1.9. What should I do? My BP is normal. I am currently on Zyloric 100 mg thrice daily, Atorvastatin 10 mg, and Eltroxin. I have done an ultrasound. I had a USG done with no abnormal findings.  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This rise in creatinine levels is usually related to a kidney dysfunction. For this reason, I suggest performing further tests to investigate your kidney function like creatinine clearance, a urine analysis, urine microalbuminuria and consult with a nephrologist. I...  Read Full »

Why is my serum creatinine level fluctuating?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 25 years old. My serum creatinine is now 1.3, which was 0.98 one year ago and 1.2 before six months. Do I need to be worried?  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi. Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Yes, definitely there is a need to worry. I need to know whether you have high blood pressure or diabetes. Also for what reason did you check your creatinine? Do you have a history of painkiller abuse? Have you got your urine test and ultrasound...  Read Full »