Common "Penis Discomfort" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Penis Discomfort

Injuries, rashes, skin infections, prostatitis, urinary tract infections, and sexually transmitted infections can all result in penis pain. Severe groin injury or an erection that does not disappear within four hours needs emergency medical attention.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I am having an infection with pain and discomfort near my penis head since yesterday. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am having an infection near the head of my penis since yesterday. I am maintaining good hygiene, but I am experiencing slight pain and discomfort. I have had this same issue about 4-5 years back. Please help. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Madhav Tiwari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concern. To better assist you, could you kindly provide some additional information: Do you have a history of diabetes or hypertension? Have you undergone any previous surgeries? When did you first notice this issue? Are yo...  Read Full »

I am concerned about penis size and appearance. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I am an 18-year-old male, and I have concerns about the appearance and size of my penis. It has a significant curve, feels a bit stiff and uncomfortable, and has a dark patch of skin in a line running across the bottom of the shaft. Although it seems to be of average length and girth both ...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran S R

Answer: Hi, We welcome you to icliniq family. I appreciate the confidence you place in me for your healthcare consultation. There are multiple reasons for the bend in the penis, which include: It can be due to a short frenulum. Please share pictures of an erect penis (side and below) for a diagnosis. Sur...  Read Full »

My penis hurts during sex. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I have a problem with my penis. Every time when I try to have sex, my penis hurts very much, there is a thin throat on the top of my penis head that is attached to my foreskin, and when I try to pull it down, it starts hurting.Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Chibitam Hope Obia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. Regarding your symptoms of hurting sensation during sex with a skin tag on top of the penis. Kindly send the picture. I propose you have developed an acute balanitis. Please take the following: Apply Lidocaine spray to the penis before sex....  Read Full »

I have penile discomfort and swelling for the past five days. Help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have had discomfort and swelling in my penis for the past five days. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Madhav

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I do understand your concern. It appears to be a genital ulcer, which could be infectious (bacterial infection). Apply Mupirocin cream twice daily for ten days. Take tablet Zifi (cefixime and ofloxacin) 200 mg twice daily for five days. Clean the area with povi...  Read Full »

What causes numbness, pain, and a burning sensation in my penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I masturbate regularly. For the past three weeks, I have experienced numbness, pain, and a constant burning sensation in my penis. I also have frequent urination and difficulty telling when I need to pee. I recently had a urine test, and everything came back normal. What could be the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Madhav Tiwari

Answer: Hello, I appreciate that you have chosen for your medical needs. I am here to give you the best care possible. Sorry to hear about your troubles. Please provide a few more details to help me understand your issue better: Are you diabetic or hypertensive? Have you had any surgeries i...  Read Full »

My penis head is inflamed and swollen with a tight foreskin. Why?

Query: Hi doctor,For a week my penis head is irritated and inflamed, there is redness and swelling and my foreskin has become tight. I am having discomfort and pain in that area. What can be done for this doctor? Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran S R

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Share a picture of the affected area. If you had unprotected sex, it can be a sexually transmitted infection. Please go for the following tests. TPHA (Treponema pallidum hemagglutination). HPV (human papillomavirus) DNA PCR (Polymerase chain reaction) test. Herpe...  Read Full »

I have been experiencing red and shiny foreskin for over six months despite taking medications. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have been experiencing an issue with the foreskin of my penis. It has been red and shiny for over six months now. I sought the advice of two dermatologists who prescribed various creams, pills for fungus, and betadine, but none of these treatments have been effective. I have tried Fun...  Read Full »

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Madhav

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concern. The red and shiny appearance of your penis foreskin could be indicative of balanitis, often associated with chronic friction. Several factors can contribute to this condition, such as rough handling, use of high-potency st...  Read Full »

I am an 18-year-old male having some sort of infection and itchiness on the side of my penis. I have never had sex. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18-year-old male and I often masturbate. Now I have some sort of infection on the side of my penis and lots of itchiness around it, I am scared and I have never had sex. There is one more thing there is no infection or red spots under my foreskin. I have never suffered from suc...  Read Full »

Dr. Suvash Sahu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concern. By your explanation, it seems you have balanitis, which needs your few pictures for confirmation. Balanitis is inflammation of the glans penis. Balanitis involving the foreskin and prepuce is termed balanoposthitis. Pred...  Read Full »

How to deal with fuzzy stuff stuck inside my penis?

Query: Hello doctor,Today I had this fuzzy stuff inside my penis that must have been from my underwear. This fuzz is similar to a belly button fuzz. I tried to take it out, but it seemed it got far inside my penis. There is no pain or anything, but I am afraid that this fuzz will cause problems and will be...  Read Full »

Dr. Madhav Tiwari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Do you mean to say the fluffy bit has gone inside your urethra (the opening where you pee from)? In all likelihood, when you pass urine, the fluffy material should pass out on its own. However, if you are having discomfort passing urine (burning, pain), you should get...  Read Full »

A vein on my penis which is painful during masturbation. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a cord-like hard vein on my penis beginning from the base of the penis from the central portion and ending just below the head of the penis on the left side. It becomes more prominent on erection and is painful during masturbation. It is palpable even when I do not have an erect...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashutosh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Thank you for your query. It is a dorsal penile vein. It might be because of the calcifications. I hope this has helped you. Thank you.  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.