Penis Rashes

What can be done about a rash on the head of the penis?

Query: Hello, I am a 22 year old man. I am currently 180 lbs and 6 ft. My symptoms today started about a week ago and has not gone away, but only grown a little. I have a rash of some kind on the head/shaft of my penis. It doesn’t uncontrollably itch or burn, but it is still worrisome. I have been i...  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

General Practitioner, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Dear! I can truly understand that you’re worried and I thank you for sending a photo because when it is about skin issues it is always difficult without a photo. It looks very much like dermatitis. However, is is not possible to determine the reason for it through the internet. Therefore you shoul...  Read Full »

How to manage multiple red spots on the penis head?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a medical tourism advisor looking for advice for a 60-year-old male patient who has severe skin issues with the soft tissue of his glans penis area where some infection has developed in about the last 21 days. He has rashes and multiple red spots on the penis head and visible infect...  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is he diabetic? Does he have any fungal or bacterial infection in the past? Does he have any history of psoriasis? Does he have any history of eczema? Does he any swelling or inflammation? Does he have any history of trauma or injuries? Did he scratch and rub th...  Read Full »

Why are there red rashes and white patches seen on the glans and the foreskin?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 63 years old and I am diabetic. I felt allergy last week on the second day of starting Febuxostat, which was given to mitigate calculi in the left kidney. There are red rashes encircled with white patches seen on the back of the head of the glans and foreskin, and there is no relief...  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can try, 1. Fucidin (Fusidic acid) cream twice daily for seven days (in the morning and noon). 2. Candid B (Clotrimazole and Beclomethasone) cream at night for ten days. The lesion will take time to heal in diabetic patients. Do you have any history of fever? ...  Read Full »

What is the possible diagnosis for rashes under the penile head with cracks?

Query: Hello doctor, I have rashes on the penis under the head. It has been there for a while. It started as a small rash and continues to get worse. It is in the folds of skin under the head of penis and never looked bumpy until now. I am sexually active and still masturbating actively. Previously it was ...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Such rashes on the penis can occur due to multiple causes including syphilis, herpes, candidal balanitis, and many more. I need to ask you a few questions so I can advise you properly. Since when do you have this rash? Do you have burning associated with it? Do yo...  Read Full »

Are the lesions on my penis and legs due to sarcoidosis?

Query: Dear Doctor, I have these rashes for 4-5 months. They do not itch or burn, they are simply displeasing to watch. During that time I was diagnosed with tonsilits. Recently my dentist noticed more dental caries (cavities) in mouth. It also feels that my nose is congested slightly, although it is clean...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi There does appear to b fine red papules over d glans penis. This is common in sexually active people, and could b due to a hypersensitive reaction to Candida ( A fungal element commonly found in genitalia). U could try topical antifungal creams such as Clotrimazole/ Miconazole over d glans penis ...  Read Full »

Please suggest a cure for red and itchy rashes on the upper part of the penis and foreskin.

Query: Dear doctor, I am age 38, non diabetic and not having any other problems or treatment. Few weeks back, I observed some rashes on my upper part of penis, bloody in color and two small swellings with red colour in foreskin. Itching is there. Now a small burning sensation is there when passing uri...  Read Full »

Dr. Ganesh Prasath

Urologist

Answer: Could you upload a photo of the rash.. Do you have similar rash in any other part of body??? Was there any recent history of sexual exposure?? Do you still continue to wash it with soap?? Do get back to me with photo and above details. Ready to help you out..  Read Full »

Why am I having itchy skin rashes around the genitals?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a super itchy skin rash around my genital (not on my genital) and on hip. It has been there for a few months now. First it was around my genitals and hips but now it is on my hips only. Whenever I used to scratch, dead skin and dry blood comes off. At first I thought it was ju...  Read Full »

Dr. Bincy Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems the rash and itching in the groins and waist area could probably be due to a fungal infection of the skin. This is very common especially in tropical countries and more so in the hot humid summers. To accurately diagnose the same further information like images...  Read Full »

I have rash on scrotum with 2 bumps. Can this be herpes?

Query: Hello doctor, I have rash on scrotum with 2 bumps that did not become truly visible until I shaved. Could this be herpes?  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would require a photograph so that I am able to guide you better.  Read Full »

What is the treatment for redness on penis and urge to urinate?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 29-year-old male. I am having redness on the penis head and urge to urinate for the past four months. I had a habit of masturbation, but now I have stopped it. Can it be due to any structural defect in the penis due to masturbation? I took five days course of antibiotics and T-ba...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Sexologist, Diabetologist, Andrologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Redness in the penis can be due to local infection. Did you have any unprotected sex? If not, we can think of fungal infection. Share a picture for confirmation. Local application of Lobate-GM Neo (Clobetasole propionate, Neomycin sulfate, and Miconazole nitrate) oi...  Read Full »

Can you get herpes from a handjob?

Query: Hello doctor, I think I have herpes. About eight weeks ago I had a handjob in a massage parlor. There was no intercourse nor kissing. She was only wearing her pants. She climbed on top of me and rubbed her whole body against me (although her pants were on). That was it. She did not do anything else...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your mentioned symptoms are not consistent with herpes. You please upload the picture of penile rash. The typical symptoms of herpes include fluid-filled vesicles over the penis or nearby area which are painful. A just simple rash may be a fungal infection like candi...  Read Full »