Penis Rashes

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Are red rashes on the head of the penis with inflammation a concerning issue?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from a rash or changes to the head of my penis. I was informed it was a yeast infection and tested negative for STIs. However, after treatment, I noticed a little progress. I have seen a urologist and a dermatologist, neither of which have been able to figure it ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath


Answer: Hello, Welcome to It seems to be balanitis. Do you have any urinary complaints like frequency, urgency, low stream, nocturia, dribbling? Do you have any history of diabetes, hypertension, or any medications you are on? Is there any history of unprotected sex with a new partner in th...  Read Full »

Why does my penis head become red and sore after masturbation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20-year-old male. I have currently experiencing redness and soreness at the head of my penis. Especially after masturbation, not only the head but also the shaft of my penis become sore. I have this for a couple of weeks now and not sure what it is.  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Thank you for writing to us, and I understand your concern. As you have mentioned, you have it for a couple of weeks, and it is after masturbation; this can be skin rashes due to rough touch. Or other is a fungal infection. I am prescribing you medicine for five days, ple...  Read Full »

Why is there a rash on my penis head?

Query: Hi doctor, I have suddenly developed a lesion. It is just like a rash on my penis head, and it is not going away. I never had this issue in my entire life. I do get fungus on my skin once in a few years but not on the penis ever. This is the first time. I have already taken two full courses of anti...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Thank you for writing, and I understand your concern. Moreover, it looks like there is an interrupted blood supply to the penis, and due to that, only it is bluish. Or maybe the picture is not clear. It is looking like the rash is under the skin. Is it outside or in...  Read Full »

What can be done about a rash on the head of the penis?

Query: Hello, I am a 22 year old man. I am currently 180 lbs and 6 ft. My symptoms today started about a week ago and has not gone away, but only grown a little. I have a rash of some kind on the head/shaft of my penis. It doesn’t uncontrollably itch or burn, but it is still worrisome. I have been i...  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

General Practitioner, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Dear! I can truly understand that you’re worried and I thank you for sending a photo because when it is about skin issues it is always difficult without a photo. It looks very much like dermatitis. However, is is not possible to determine the reason for it through the internet. Therefore you shoul...  Read Full »

How to manage multiple red spots on the penis head?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a medical tourism advisor looking for advice for a 60-year-old male patient who has severe skin issues with the soft tissue of his glans penis area where some infection has developed in about the last 21 days. He has rashes and multiple red spots on the penis head and visible infect...  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Is he diabetic? Does he have any fungal or bacterial infection in the past? Does he have any history of psoriasis? Does he have any history of eczema? Does he any swelling or inflammation? Does he have any history of trauma or injuries? Did he scratch and rub th...  Read Full »

Why are there red rashes and white patches seen on the glans and the foreskin?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 63 years old and I am diabetic. I felt allergy last week on the second day of starting Febuxostat, which was given to mitigate calculi in the left kidney. There are red rashes encircled with white patches seen on the back of the head of the glans and foreskin, and there is no relief...  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to You can try, 1. Fucidin (Fusidic acid) cream twice daily for seven days (in the morning and noon). 2. Candid B (Clotrimazole and Beclomethasone) cream at night for ten days. The lesion will take time to heal in diabetic patients. Do you have any history of fever? ...  Read Full »

What is the possible diagnosis for rashes under the penile head with cracks?

Query: Hello doctor, I have rashes on the penis under the head. It has been there for a while. It started as a small rash and continues to get worse. It is in the folds of skin under the head of penis and never looked bumpy until now. I am sexually active and still masturbating actively. Previously it was ...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Such rashes on the penis can occur due to multiple causes including syphilis, herpes, candidal balanitis, and many more. I need to ask you a few questions so I can advise you properly. Since when do you have this rash? Do you have burning associated with it? Do yo...  Read Full »

Are the lesions on my penis and legs due to sarcoidosis?

Query: Dear Doctor, I have these rashes for 4-5 months. They do not itch or burn, they are simply displeasing to watch. During that time I was diagnosed with tonsilits. Recently my dentist noticed more dental caries (cavities) in mouth. It also feels that my nose is congested slightly, although it is clean...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi There does appear to b fine red papules over d glans penis. This is common in sexually active people, and could b due to a hypersensitive reaction to Candida ( A fungal element commonly found in genitalia). U could try topical antifungal creams such as Clotrimazole/ Miconazole over d glans penis ...  Read Full »

Please suggest a cure for red and itchy rashes on the upper part of the penis and foreskin.

Query: Dear doctor, I am age 38, non diabetic and not having any other problems or treatment. Few weeks back, I observed some rashes on my upper part of penis, bloody in color and two small swellings with red colour in foreskin. Itching is there. Now a small burning sensation is there when passing uri...  Read Full »

Dr. Ganesh Prasath


Answer: Could you upload a photo of the rash.. Do you have similar rash in any other part of body??? Was there any recent history of sexual exposure?? Do you still continue to wash it with soap?? Do get back to me with photo and above details. Ready to help you out..  Read Full »

Why am I having itchy skin rashes around the genitals?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a super itchy skin rash around my genital (not on my genital) and on hip. It has been there for a few months now. First it was around my genitals and hips but now it is on my hips only. Whenever I used to scratch, dead skin and dry blood comes off. At first I thought it was ju...  Read Full »

Dr. Bincy Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to It seems the rash and itching in the groins and waist area could probably be due to a fungal infection of the skin. This is very common especially in tropical countries and more so in the hot humid summers. To accurately diagnose the same further information like images...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just $29.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.