Prostate Cancer

Prostate cancer is a widely prevalent type of cancer, which usually does not produce severe symptoms in the initial stages. Problems in urination, blood in urine and semen, sudden loss of weight, erectile dysfunction, pain in the bone, and decreased force in the urine stream are the signs of prostate cancer. Age, obesity, and family history increases the risk. It can be prevented by a healthy diet, regular exercise, and maintaining an ideal body weight.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Is the drug Finasteride linked with high-grade prostate cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to take Finasteride for my hair loss. My father had high-grade prostate cancer. Some older studies showed that Finasteride is linked to an increased risk of prostate cancer, but the newer studies indicate no link between Finasteride and prostate cancer. So I wanted to ask a doc...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to The family history of prostate cancer is proved if two of your relatives develop prostate cancer below 50 years. So if your father had prostate cancer, it does not mean that you are at risk of prostate cancer. Recent studies found that Finasteride or Dutasteride doe...  Read Full »

What to eat for good prostate and testicular health and how to prevent cancer in these areas?

Query: Hi doctor, I need few clarifications on how to protect the testicle and the right foods to eat for good testicle as well as for prostate and scrotum health. Also, provide how one can I prevent cancer in these areas like prostate, testicle, and scrotum.  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Diet or things to avoid: Excess of anything (broadly saying). Too much oily or spicy food. Avoid smoking, and you can have alcohol occasionally. Avoid too much porn or too much masturbation. Avoid fast foods, chocolate, cold drinks, etc. Things to eat more: ...  Read Full »

What are the survival rates in case of prostate cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, My father started having some pain or pressure in his lower abdomen over the past month. These past few weeks, he had some blood while peeing. This week he got tested for it, and there were cancer cells. The doctor said either bladder, urethra, or kidney. The only other symptoms prior...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Answer: Hi, Welcome to The treatment and the survival rate are based on the type of organ and stage of the tumor. Get serum PSA (prostate-specific antigen), ultrasound abdomen to know the organ involved. CT scan is required for proper staging. Thanks. Regards. Feel free to ask anything e...  Read Full »

Please provide a second opinion on my father's scan reports.

Query: Hello doctor, I need a second opinion on the results that came back from the doctor's report. Can you explain the report and the steps that we need to take further on this matter?  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Relax and do not worry. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and I will explain you in detail. This is a gallium PSMA (prostate-specific membrane antigen) scan done for the whole body. The patient in the scan had undergone rad...  Read Full »

Is surgery needed for my prostate cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I am on active surveillance for the last 2 years. My initial prostate biopsy was 2 years ago and showed 1 out of 10 needles cancerous, Gleason 6, slow growing and Prolaris test showing a medium growth rate. I had second biopsy 6 months ago. Before the second biopsy, my PSA was 5 and four ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have gone through your details. My main concern is the rise of PSA (prostate-specific antigen) from 5 to 16. Though it might be due to infection, since three months you are taking treatment of infections. So, your PSA should have reduced if the rise was due to infection...  Read Full »

Can anorectal pain with prostate tenderness occur due to prostate cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years old. I developed sudden pain in my anorectal area around two years ago, and I also felt some tenderness on the prostate. However, they did not do anything as I did not have any urinary symptoms. The semen culture was fine. However, I developed urinary symptoms about one ...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) showed about 2.5 cm lesion in prostate PI-RADS (Prostate Imaging Reporting And Data System) 5. You had PSA (Prostate-specific antigen) last year, which showed 0.6 ng/ dl. Follow-up PSA and prostate biopsy are two important things to do n...  Read Full »

Can BPE lead to prostate cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 74-year-old male with BPE. I am in good health for my age. I take blood pressure and cholesterol medicines along with Tamsulosin (Flomax) for my BPE. Is it true that sexual activity (ejaculation) is good for the prostate? Can it help prevent prostate cancer?  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Thanks for consulting with us. BPE (Benign prostate enlargement) is a problem of people after the age of 50 years. Obstruction depends on the prostate shape rather than size; that is, which part of the prostate is enlarging rather than the prostate's total size. Some ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for swollen leg in prostate cancer patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 68 years old, male. Height is 178 cm and weight is 71 kg. Past Problem- Prostate Cancer Surgery last year. Current problem- Swelling in whole left leg and have too much pain. I cannot move leg. Post treatment- Hormone therapy maintenance doses of Firmagon (Degarelix) injection e...  Read Full »

Dr. Pratik Patil

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I am so sorry for the pain and issues you are facing. 1. Your treatment is spot on and is standard all over this world wherever you go so be sure on it. 2. Any hormonal therapy or medicine for prostate cancer would cause swelling all over the body or both legs or depe...  Read Full »

Does prostate cancer have a strong family history?

Query: Hi doctor, My father was detected to have prostate cancer, but they did not give any stage of his cancer. I am worried about his prognosis. How long he would survive? They have removed his testes and advised him to take Andro Block for life time. They used the term highly suspicious of prostate canc...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I sympathize for the medical condition of your father. Unfortunately, he has moderate to advanced cancer of the prostate (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The biopsy report is suggestive of moderate cancer as per Gleason's score, but if we consider the bon...  Read Full »

Does getting a few drops of blood while urinating with no pain need physician examination?

Query: Hello doctor, I use toilet paper to soak up excess urine after going to the bathroom. I run my finger along the base of my penis to help get out the excess after the stream ends. The last couple of times, I noticed some droplets of blood on the toilet paper. The urine itself was not red or discolor...  Read Full »

Dr. Gokul Vignesh Kandaswamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to You have not mentioned your age which is key. It looks like you are doing urethral milking which is usually adviced for post-void dribble. I suspect it is because of your age, which would mean you are above 50 at least. Anyway, blood per urethra is not normal and...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.