Prostate Cancer

Is surgery needed for my prostate cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I am on active surveillance for the last 2 years. My initial prostate biopsy was 2 years ago and showed 1 out of 10 needles cancerous, Gleason 6, slow growing and Prolaris test showing a medium growth rate. I had second biopsy 6 months ago. Before the second biopsy, my PSA was 5 and four ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your details. My main concern is the rise of PSA (prostate-specific antigen) from 5 to 16. Though it might be due to infection, since three months you are taking treatment of infections. So, your PSA should have reduced if the rise was due to infection...  Read Full »

Can anorectal pain with prostate tenderness occur due to prostate cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years old. I developed sudden pain in my anorectal area around two years ago, and I also felt some tenderness on the prostate. However, they did not do anything as I did not have any urinary symptoms. The semen culture was fine. However, I developed urinary symptoms about one ...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) showed about 2.5 cm lesion in prostate PI-RADS (Prostate Imaging Reporting And Data System) 5. You had PSA (Prostate-specific antigen) last year, which showed 0.6 ng/ dl. Follow-up PSA and prostate biopsy are two important things to do n...  Read Full »

Can BPE lead to prostate cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 74-year-old male with BPE. I am in good health for my age. I take blood pressure and cholesterol medicines along with Tamsulosin (Flomax) for my BPE. Is it true that sexual activity (ejaculation) is good for the prostate? Can it help prevent prostate cancer?  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for consulting with us. BPE (Benign prostate enlargement) is a problem of people after the age of 50 years. Obstruction depends on the prostate shape rather than size; that is, which part of the prostate is enlarging rather than the prostate's total size. Some ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for swollen leg in prostate cancer patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 68 years old, male. Height is 178 cm and weight is 71 kg. Past Problem- Prostate Cancer Surgery last year. Current problem- Swelling in whole left leg and have too much pain. I cannot move leg. Post treatment- Hormone therapy maintenance doses of Firmagon (Degarelix) injection e...  Read Full »

Dr. Pratik Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am so sorry for the pain and issues you are facing. 1. Your treatment is spot on and is standard all over this world wherever you go so be sure on it. 2. Any hormonal therapy or medicine for prostate cancer would cause swelling all over the body or both legs or depe...  Read Full »

Does prostate cancer have a strong family history?

Query: Hi doctor, My father was detected to have prostate cancer, but they did not give any stage of his cancer. I am worried about his prognosis. How long he would survive? They have removed his testes and advised him to take Andro Block for life time. They used the term highly suspicious of prostate canc...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Medical Oncologist, Paediatric Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I sympathize for the medical condition of your father. Unfortunately, he has moderate to advanced cancer of the prostate (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The biopsy report is suggestive of moderate cancer as per Gleason's score, but if we consider the bon...  Read Full »

Does getting a few drops of blood while urinating with no pain need physician examination?

Query: Hello doctor, I use toilet paper to soak up excess urine after going to the bathroom. I run my finger along the base of my penis to help get out the excess after the stream ends. The last couple of times, I noticed some droplets of blood on the toilet paper. The urine itself was not red or discolor...  Read Full »

Dr. Gokul Vignesh Kandaswamy

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not mentioned your age which is key. It looks like you are doing urethral milking which is usually adviced for post-void dribble. I suspect it is because of your age, which would mean you are above 50 at least. Anyway, blood per urethra is not normal and...  Read Full »

What is the use of free PSA test?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a total free PSA test done and these were the results. PSA 7.7. PSA free - 1.49. % free PSA - 19.4. What does this mean?  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. PSA (prostate-specific antigen) is only a screening test that can be raised in any prostate abnormality. Coming back to your query, as your total PSA levels fall in the grey zone of 4-10, free PSA is done. If free PSA is more than 25% chances of you having CA prosta...  Read Full »

Can lymph node surgery prevent cancer from spreading?

Query: Hi doctor, Before two years, my father was diagnosed with prostate cancer and has been undergoing treatment using Eligard and Xgeva. Early this year, he got diagnosed with vallecula carcinoma and for which he underwent chemo (Erbitux) six sittings and radiation therapy for 27 days. While vallecula...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Mittal

Child Health Specialist, Medical Oncologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the details of your father's illness and I will concentrate on the present problem. I will not agree with the advise for surgery of lymph nodes as PET scan suggests that it may have spread to other areas of lung, though not confirmed. Doing surgery for dise...  Read Full »

How can prostate cancer be treated?

Query: Hi doctor, My father who is 79 years of age has got prostate tumor. We have done all the medical tests and pet scan. The oncologist has confirmed us tumor. Now due to lockdown we are unable to reach doctor also we want second opinion too. The doctor has told us that the solution is surgery. But if ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mars Imasa

Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your father has apparently a stage I penile cancer. The ideal management is surgery which may only involve a wide local excision. This can be done by a general surgeon or even a dermatologist who can perform skin surgery. Should you however cannot have the surgery done,...  Read Full »

What to eat for good prostate and testicular health and how to prevent cancer in these areas?

Query: Respected doctor. I need few clarifications on how to protect testicle of us and right foods to eat for good testicle as well as for prostate and scrotum health. Also provide how one can prevent cancer in these areas like prostate testicle and scrotum  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Urologist

Answer: Dear, Hope you are doing well Very nice question at a very young age i must say Diet / things to avoid Excess of anything (broadly saying) Too much of oily /spicy food. Avoid smoking, can have alcohol occasionally Avoid too much of porn or too much of masturbation Avoid fast foods, ...  Read Full »