Swelling In Knee

Is there a therapy for painful swollen joints?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 45 years old female. Her weight is usually between 35 kg to 42 kg. She is suffering from severe pain and swollen joints for the past 15 years. Due to lack of financial resource we were unable to get treatment. Is there any therapy to heal her? She is unable to fully move her ...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all a proper diagnosis has to be made for the cause of her swollen joints. It could be due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis (RA) or gout. Once correct diagnosis is made then the treatment can be initiated. So, I need to know whether any tests has been done...  Read Full »

What causes dents in kneecap?

Query: Hello doctor, I was run over by a car four months ago. I got an MRI and the doctors said all my ligaments and meniscus look fine. However, my kneecap is dented in, slightly swollen above the cap. If I overuse my knee, the whole leg swells. I have been going to wound care doctors for four months fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the films (attachment removed to protect patient identity). With the type of bruising that the first picture shows, it is a miracle that your MRI is normal.  The dent on the skin close to the patella is due to fat necrosis and may persist. As far as the pa...  Read Full »

Can Alphintern be used for knee swelling?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old female. My height is 1.65 meter and my weight is 56 kg. I was suffering from a knee problem, and I took rest for a couple of days. I took Alphintern and used my resistance band to improve my knee-range and everything was fine, except for a grinding noise during exe...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, the MRI reports suggest an injury. You did not mention a specific incident or accident that may have lead to a sprain of the ACL. Without a real injury, the knee swelled up again, with the stair climbing. The entire presentation points towards pa...  Read Full »

The backs of both my knees are swollen after a hike. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, The backs of both my knees are swollen after a hike. When I first noticed this, I thought I got bitten by a mosquito or a bug. So, I applied After Bite to the area a little bit. The redness was reduced the next day but, it is still swollen. I see a lump right behind the knees. I can co...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly send me a picture of the attached area. Only then can I comment on the condition and the specialist you will have to visit. Revert with more information to an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician...  Read Full »

What is your opinion about my knee pain after 12 years of surgery?

Query: Hi doctor,I had arthroscopic knee bilateral chondromalacia patella joint debridement done before 12 years. Now, the pain had started again and I am having some swelling. Please suggest what I should do.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Here are a few suggestions. I suggest anti-inflammatory tablet like Voveran 75 mg (Diclofenac) twice a day after meals. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent. For swelling use a compression bandage and ice the area for 20 minu...  Read Full »

What can cause knee pain with swelling?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I have knee pain in both the legs and it is paining alternatively for the past 1.5 years. Pain starts with swelling around the knee and stay for three to four hours and the pain will be at least once in one to two months. I feel like pinching with needle in the feet. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Senduran N

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your complaints and also gone through the reports carefully (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You seem to have a preceding streptococcal A infection. I would like to know if you had any history of skin or throat infection left untreated or ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for knee swelling?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is 50 years old. He has swelling in left knee and some liquid is coming out of the knee. He consulted an orthopedic doctor and he prescribed some tests and medicine to him. Also, the doctor said his bones are weak. Please explain me what should I do know. Also, let me know wheth...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After seeing the clinical image (attachment removed to protect patient identity) it appears to be synovitis of the knee joint. At the age of 50, osteoarthritis being the most common cause of synovitis. It is not advisable to start with steroid small 6 mg tablet. Is your...  Read Full »