Tooth Cavity

Can I brush my teeth after wisdom tooth removal?

Query: Hello doctor, I just got all four of my wisdom teeth removed last week. I was looking at my back teeth, both top and bottom. On all the four teeth, at the very back of my mouth, just front of where the wisdom teeth were, I noticed what appears to be brown hairline-looking marks in the pits and on th...  Read Full »

Dr. Shamaz Mohamed

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is nothing to worry. They must be just stained pits and fissures. Since you have not brushed your teeth, or maintained your oral hygiene for a week, they have developed. I insist that you start gentle brushing and rinsing of your mouth twice daily with any over t...  Read Full »

My tooth is rotting away below the gum line. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, My tooth is rotting away below the gum line. I have not been to a dentist because I could never afford it, but now I think I might need one really bad, so what should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Menon

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your thought is exactly right. It is high time you visited a dentist. Tooth rotting below the gum line is not a good sign. The dentist would tell you to take an X-ray. If it is non-painful and if the x-ray reveals that the infection has not touched the pulp, you can ...  Read Full »

How to prevent infection in tooth cavity?

Query: Hello doctor, In my whole life I am known for eating candy and not brushing my teeth as much as I should. Today, I went to the dentist and said that I have nine cavities. This concerns me because I am not sure how long I had the cavities. This is my first time I am visiting a dentist. I read an a...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, by getting the tooth filled you can prevent further decay of the teeth. It would prevent any spread of infection. Yes, dental infection can get life-threatening through septicemia (bacteria in blood), which can go through the maxillary sinus to the brain. But, it ha...  Read Full »

Will a cavity of a tooth that hits the nerve hurt worse than a necrotic tooth?

Query: Hello doctor, Will a cavity tooth that hits the nerve hurt worse than a necrotic tooth? I have two teeth that are bothering me but are next to each other. I am getting one pulled, but I am not sure on 100 % on which one is bothering me. I think it is the cavity that has hit the nerve. Kindly advice...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Necrotic roots of the tooth cause pain only if the pus formation has increased the pressure inside. The tooth which has a large cavity but nerves are vital is very painful since nerves are stimulated at the slightest touch of fluids etc. You need to ask for root cana...  Read Full »

What treatment should I take for cavities in teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from cavities since childhood. And have got four teeth removed by the dentist. My age is 25 years old. What suitable treatment should I take for cavities?  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurav Pandey

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. To avoid dental caries, the most effective thing is proper oral hygiene. It means brush two times a day using floss, clean your tongue in a proper way. After that, we come to the treatment part. The best thing when you see a single black dot in your tooth, see your d...  Read Full »

Will oil pulling and eating Calcium-rich diet help me in reducing cavities in teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, This is really embarrassing as I have 10 to 12 cavities in my teeth mostly in between two teeth but still I am developing new cavities now in front teeth. It seems like my full mouth is composite filled. I have healthy eating habits and not a sugar addict. Kindly suggest some measure ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would be better if you could start continuous brushing after every meals. Use dental floss to remove food stuck between teeth. Go to a dentist every 4 to 5 months and do cleaning of teeth to remove bacteria and plaque. See if you can get a toothpaste containing fl...  Read Full »

Why do I have severe pain after filling cavity?

Query: Hello doctor,I had a deep cavity filled about five weeks ago. I had extreme sensitivity to cold since it was filled. I had no other pain associated with the tooth. Biting down was completely fine. Two nights ago, I started to get extreme pain on the right side of my face and jaw (the same side the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Asma Parveen

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After going through your complaint, it looks like a condition called as acute irreversible pulpitis, where caries reaches the pulp or nerve endings of the tooth. This is very common in cases of deep cavities. So, there is no need to worry. It can be treated through a r...  Read Full »

Is chewing toothpicks bad for you?

Query: Hello doctor, Are birchwood toothpicks hard enough to cause damage to tooth enamel? Do they cause damage to the teeth in any way? I have pored over the internet for the answer to this question, with many dentists recommending that toothpicks should not be used or chewed on, or saying that it can cau...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We use toothpicks in the anatomical spaces present between the teeth. The spaces are called as embrasures. While you use the toothpick, you lacerate the gingival tissue that covers those spaces (the cone-shaped gingiva present between the teeth) that results in the cr...  Read Full »

Can I pull out a painless hard tooth as I got a hole in my teeth?

Query: Hello doctor,Can I pull out hard teeth out no pain because I got a hole in my teeth? Whenever I use to eat something, it got stuck in it and caused severe pain. Kindly give me some advice about pulling it out without any pain.  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your question, and I can understand your concern. If the pain occurs only when you eat food and it gets stuck into it, it is reversible pulpitis. For that, you do not need to get it extracted. You need to get it filled, and it will cost you less th...  Read Full »

Can my tooth cavity be cured by filling?

Query: Hi doctor, I got my dental checkup done recently. A small cavity was observed on the side of my tooth between 2 teeth. I am attaching a photo of x-ray. Please check second upper tooth from left in the x-ray. Also let me know, if this can be cured by filling?  Read Full »

Dr. Nivedita Dalmia

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I checked the x-ray (attachment removed to protect patient identity) Yes, this can be cured by restoration.  Read Full »