Ascites

A 65 year old has stage 2 liver fibrosis. Can liver fibrosis be reversed?

Query: Hello doctor,The patient is 65 years old. Doctors have concluded liver fibrosis stage 2. In fibro scan, the lymphocytes are 95 %, amylase is 20 U/L, monocytes and macrophages is 5 %. The fluid is hazy in appearance. Can liver fibrosis be reversed?   Read Full »

Dr. Jagdish Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Interpretation of reports. It is F4 fibrosis, not F2. Ascites. No SBP (spontaneous bacterial peritonitis). Portal Hypertension. Chronic liver disease. With this advanced fibrosis, it could not be reversed back.  Read Full »

I am diagnosed with Budd-Chiari syndrome, and feeling very uncomfortable due to ascites. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, He was diagnosed with Budd-Chiari syndrome before five months, and he is feeling very uncomfortable due to ascites. Currently on Acitrom 3 mg, and Udiliv Dytor 10 mg. Kindly advice.  Read Full »

Dr. C Elanchezhian

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Budd-Chiari Syndrome is a rare condition caused by narrowing and obstruction of the hepatic veins. Obstruction of the veins prevents the flow of blood from the liver to the heart. Obstruction is due to the formation of a fibrous web in the blood vessel or blood clots...  Read Full »

Had Polyethylene glycol before 40 days and alcohol before 7 days. Will I get any adverse reaction?

Query: Hi doctor, I was given with Polyethylene glycol for 40 days before undergoing endoscopy and colonoscopy procedures. I had symptoms of edema and consumed 200 ml of alcohol before seven days. Can I have possible adverse reactions?  Read Full »

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please explain about the purpose for doing colonoscopy and endoscopy. Edema can occur due to many reasons. It can occur due to nutritional deficiency.  Read Full »

Does normal diet cause edema in a liver cirrhosis patient?

Query: Hi doctor, The patient is suffering from liver cirrhosis. Will the liver remain enlarged? Or do come back to its normal size after some time? Does having a normal diet develop edema?  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through the details posted. Edema in cirrhosis patients is mainly due to low oncotic pressure in blood vessels because of low albumin. Cirrhosis compromise the synthetic function of the liver and so albumin production gets decreased. It is the albumin, which...  Read Full »