Avoid Heavy Meals

What does well-distended gallbladder mean?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing pain in the right upper quadrant. My blood reports and gallbladder scans are all clear, and there are no stones. The first scan showed slightly distended gallbladder. What could be the cause of the pain? And is it normal for the gallbladder to be distended?  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Suresh Kulkarni

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Depending upon your description of the problem, there could be some localized inflammation of the gallbladder causing its distension. It could also be normally distended after you have a heavy, fatty meal, as it is generating bile which will help in the digest...  Read Full »

Why do I have diarrhea after eating spicy food?

Query: Hello doctor, A few days back, I ate lots of green chili pakoras with green chutney. I am not really used to such pakoras but, I ended up eating them anyway. From the next day, I started feeling a burning sensation inside the stomach and, then started the loose motions. I have been to the loo nea...  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understood your concern. Your symptoms are suggestive of indigestion and acute gastritis, which causes a constant discomfort or a burning sensation in your stomach. The duration of diarrhea can vary. Once the underlying cause is tre...  Read Full »

What is the root cause of pancreas problem in a 17-year-old?

Query: Hello doctor, I herewith attach the medical reports of my son aged 17 years old who had pancreas problem. He does not have any bad habits. He is taking medicine as per doctors advise. Mild home food is being given. But still now and then he reports mild stomach pain. Kindly clarify the following: ...  Read Full »

Dr. Datta Ram Udayagiri

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand the anxiety you have regarding your son. He has pancreatitis. Is this the first time he is getting this? Does he take alcohol? Did he have any injury to the abdomen? Have you checked his serum triglycerides and calcium? Is he on any long-term medicatio...  Read Full »

I have problem with gas in my stomach. How can I get rid of this issue?

Query: Hello doctor, My age is 30 years and weight is 84 kg. I have a problem with gas in my stomach.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Raise the head end of the bed at night by keeping a log or brick under the head end of the bed if you have symptoms at night. Avoid tomato and tomato-based products such as ketchup and sauce. Avoid citrus fruits like oranges, sweet lime, lemon and their juices. ...  Read Full »

I developed pancreatitis. Do i have chronic pancreatitis ?

Query: Hello Doctor, I developed pancreatic disease. I have been worsening the condition by taking the triggers (heavy food and alcohol). Last April and July I could manage with a strict diet to bring the inflammation and enzyme levels down. I am maintaining a low fat diet and I have reduced the amount ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Medical Oncologist, Paediatric Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and investigations.You are hypertensive, under medication for the same. You are also under medication for anxiety, gastritis and reflux.You are having acute attacks of pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas). If you continue taking...  Read Full »

Pregnancy tests are negative, but am still having pregnancy symptoms. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old female, who started taking birth control pills eight months back, but I only took it for a week and stopped taking them. In that same week, I had unprotected sex with my fiance, and I had my periods the next day. The next month I got my periods two weeks earlier, and I ...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I see two problems in your history. Let me tell you the reason and solution. Birth control pills come in a pack of 21 or 21 active plus seven dummy pills, or the single dose of an emergency contraceptive pill. Whichever you take, will suppres...  Read Full »

Are all my symptoms related to something serious?

Query: Hello doctor, My face is always turning red and getting hot. It starts gradual, but then it feels like a burst and my face turns into a deep red color. I then get very hot and start to sweat. Also, why am I always tired? I fall asleep at around 7.30 PM every night, and I do not have the capacity to ...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You appear to have multiple issues, but none of them are serious. Regarding your face, tiredness, etc., does this redness increases on exposure to some dust or other exposures? Are there any associated allergic symptoms like itching, sneezing, running nose, etc.? Vario...  Read Full »

My IBS is causing extreme anxiety issues. Please help me overcome it.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having IBS from the last four years. I have symptoms of anxiety, skin rashes, low sex drive, low energy, digestive issues, acidity, and heartburn. An endoscopy and colonoscopy done two years ago came back normal. But, I am following up with my doctor who recently found exce...  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It does not look like you are harboring a major illness. Most of your symptoms are resulting from your excess stress and anxiety. Do not worry. Addressing them will cure your health issues. The breath test positivity may be due to a bacterial colonization of your st...  Read Full »

Can you suggest a diet plan to reduce my weight and achieve pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old housewife. I am suffering from infertility since I got married seven years ago. I have PCOD, tubal block, and hypothyroidism. I am overweight. All the treatments we took for conception failed. I was advised to reduce my weight by at least 10 %. But, I am unable to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Durga Kumari

Dietician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do not get scared about your weight. You can reduce it easily by following a good diet plan and with normal walking. I am sending you a diet chart. Please follow it and be in touch with me for the follow-up. Foods to be included are: Fish like salmon (Saiman), t...  Read Full »

My grandma eats very little after an episode of fever. I am worried. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, My grandmother is 65 years old. She had a fever last week. She was taking Zerodol-P and Azio 500. Now, there is no fever but, her eating capacity has greatly reduced. After taking only a bite or two, she feels full and does not want to eat further.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.A reduction in appetite occurs due to both fever as well as drug-induced gastritis.Firstly, complete the five-day course of Azio (Azithromycin). If the fever has settled, stop Zerodol (Aceclofenac) and have it only in case of fever.She can have tablet Pan DSR (Pantoprazo...  Read Full »