Clogged Ears

How to get rid of dizziness, clogged ears, and warm face?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been suffering from a suspected ear infection for nearly four weeks now. I am currently experiencing dizziness and a warm face for the past four weeks. I have been using Gentamicin ear drops for the last two weeks, but my symptoms have not improved. I am fatigued all the time, an...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Have you shown it to an ENT specialist? Do you have any ear discharge, or fever, or reduced hearing? Can you describe the giddiness? Is it always present? Is it an imbalance or spinning sensation? How long does it last?  Read Full »

Are steam inhalation, nasal wash, and nasal drops prompt treatment for blocked ears?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 70-year-old male. I have suffered from a blocked feeling in my right ear for the past ten months. I consulted an ENT doctor who suggested steam inhalation, nasal wash, and Otrivin nasal drops on an SOS basis. None of these provided any solution to my problem. The local doctor t...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms elucidated by you and the treatment suggested by the doctor to you are in sync, and the treatment appears to be appropriate to me. When there is a collection inside the eardrum which is not relieved by conservative methods, we sometimes perform this sm...  Read Full »

What should I do to relieve ear pressure?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with eustachian tube dysfunction last year, and the ENT suggested to put in a tube. But the tube never worked. I had pressure in my ears with muffled hearing. The clogged ear continued for two months and ENT said I have to live with it. This past week, I went to anothe...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome back to icliniq.com. Did you get tympanometry done recently (it will tell us about the middle ear pressure)? If yes, please share the reports, and if no, you should get it done. Where exactly was the tube placed? Did the doctor mention that in his prescription or discharge summary...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for my ear pain with ringing sound and fullness?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having ear problems with ringing sound in both ears and pain in and around them. When I put both hands on either sides of my face in front of my ears where TMJ is located, it feels like one is bigger than the other. I also have fullness in my ears.  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ringing sensation with mild discomfort in both ears are nothing serious to worry about. Ringing sensation are subject sensation, mostly noticed during sleep or in silent environment. Try to ignore the ringing sensation by playing music, watching TV or talking with ...  Read Full »

How could herpes infection cause clogged ears and hearing loss?

Query: Hello doctor, I have clogged ears and pain from ears to the throat, vertigo, and always feeling confused. I had a sinus nasal drip which I thought that is why my ears where clogged it has been six weeks and it is still clogged, popping and painful. I saw an ENT and he said I had no fluid and there ...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from clogged earaches with painful jaw joints and sore throat with vertigo and all these sufferings may result from herpes infection according to your assumption. When herpes affects th...  Read Full »

Can eustachian tube blockage be diagnosed using a sinus x-ray?

Query: Hello I have a couple of questions first can a sinus X-ray show if your Eustachian tube are closed or not. Or do the ent have to go up your nose to find out. I had a sinus infection and nasal drip my ears are clogged I went to my doctor he said I had fluid and an ear infection and sent me to a ent a...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! Before I explain and answer your questions, I will take a little of your time to explain what has probably happend in your case. The eustachian tube basically ventilates the nose and the ear. In a situation where it does not function, a negative pressure develops in the side of the ear leading...  Read Full »

Why do I feel clogged ears every morning even without wax formation?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had issues with my left ear for the past two months. I normally clean my ears with peroxide. After I added drops of peroxide back last month, I noticed that when people spoke to me loudly I would hear wind sound in my ears. Also, my ears felt plugged and I heard thumping (hear...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like your having a eustachian tube catarrh. This tube essentially ventilates both the ear and nose and in an event where this tube has got blocked, you might develop fullness and ringing sensation in the same ear. Self-cleaning your ear is the most dangerous t...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for blocked ears with pain?

Query: Hello doctor, My ear has been blocked for the past three days. There are mild pain and discomfort. This could have been caused because of the earbud. I used Ciplox ear drops and have tried Crocin pain relief, but it does not help. Ear feels extremely uncomfortable, and hearing is muffled. Please su...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It does not necessarily have to be due to earbuds causing otitis externa though that could be one possibility. There are others also. Can you tell me if you had a cold recently? Does it feel like there is a fluid inside the ear? Do you feel like you need to pop your ...  Read Full »

How to treat chronic ear pain and blockage?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an ear infection for about two years, but now my ears hurt very badly and feel like they are closing up. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to iciniq.com. The reason for a chronic ear infection can be due to two reasons. 1. There is an abnormal permanent defect in your eardrum (such a hole which has not closed up due to the normal healing process) leading to recurrent ear infection and discharge. In some cases, superadded...  Read Full »

Why does my left ear hurts and sometimes itches?

Query: My left ear hurts. If i press the back of my ear, it would really hurt. Sometimes it feels itchy and throbbing. Also, it feels like it's clogged inside. Last month my other felt like this too, I had to take medication for it.  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! There are only 3 possibilities with the complaints you have mentioned. 1. Impacted wax in the left ear which is causing pain and a blocked feeling For this, you can use wax solvents which liquify the wax and resolve the issue 2. Infection involving your outer ear, which can be the cause of i...  Read Full »