Common "Female Sexual Problems" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Female Sexual Problems

Female Sexual problems include Low sexual desire (It is the most common problem among females), Sexual arousal disorder, Orgasmic disorder, and Pain while having sex. Consultation with a doctor about these problems will help females.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I am a 28-year-old female and have low libido. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old female and have low libido. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran. S. R.

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Thank you for your query. I can understand your concern. Low libido has the following reasons. It can be due to a urine infection. You can do a urine complete and an ultrasound of the pelvis to diagnose the cause. Make sure blood pressure and blood sugar are under con...  Read Full »

I am 24 years old. I do not feel like having sex like how other girls do. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. I do not feel like having sex as other girls do. I feel no pleasure. Oral sex works for me, but nothing more than that works. I have never had an orgasm ever in my life. I have had different partners too. But it never happened. I do not know if there is something wrong ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sharath Kumar. C

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. My diagnosis would be HSDD (hypoactive sexual desire disorder), loss of libido in women. I suggest the following: Certain medications may tend to cause sexual side effects. For example, antidepressants such as Paroxetine (Paxil and Pexeva)...  Read Full »

I am experiencing pain and symptoms similar to vaginismus. What could be the cause?

Query: Hi doctor, I am experiencing pain and symptoms similar to vaginismus, but I have not engaged in any sexual activity or bought anything near my private part. What could be the reason?   Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran. S. R.

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern. If you have pain during intercourse, it can be due to many factors. Mainly, it could be due to dryness causing infection, improper foreplay, dehydration, age, and hormonal imbalance. Dryness can be caused by deep penetration in a few posit...  Read Full »

Is it possible to check virginity by just looking at the vagina?

Query: Hello doctor, Can a doctor find if someone is a virgin just by looking at the vaginal wall? What is the circle in the image that I have attached? Does it have anything to do with virginity? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Poonguzhali Liston

Answer: Hello, Welcome to What you see in the image (attachment removed to protect patient's identity) is an intact hymen. The black or dark circle is a hymenal opening through which the menstrual blood flows or the tampon is inserted. The hymen is a layer of mucosa (skin lining), a remnant o...  Read Full »

I find it difficult to have sexual intercourse and find it hard to get wet. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I get swelling after sexual intercourse and find it hard to get wet. I started having this situation ever since I had a yeast infection. However, at that time, I was not sure I had the condition, so I kept having sex. As a result, I had pain and bleeding. I always felt like there was a sc...  Read Full »

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnui

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. I will definitely help you. Thank you for asking.  Read Full »

I do not like having sex and do not want a child. How can I overcome this?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been married for some years and do not have children yet. I feel very uncomfortable and irritated while having sex and do not like to have sex. Therefore, I do not want to have a child. In all these years of marriage, we never had proper sex, and I feel I am cheating on my husband....  Read Full »

Dr. J N Naidu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concern. It can be because you or your close friends or relatives have had a bad experience with sex. Sex is part of life for all living animals, including humans. It has many benefits like better bonding between husband and wife a...  Read Full »

I do not feel any sexual pleasure when my partner inserts his penis. Please suggest some treatment for the same.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been struggling for quite a while, and I cannot find the reason behind my problem. I lost my virginity about ten months ago. I am a very horny person and was excited to enter the world of sex. However, as soon as I did, I noticed something was wrong with me. I am always sexually...  Read Full »

Dr. J N Naidu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand that the anterior part of the vagina, clitoris, and the skin around the area is richly supplied with sensory receptors. Therefore it is quite normal to become wet by oral sex and masturbation rather than the insertion of the penis. I appreciate that only...  Read Full »

Is it normal for a virgin to experience pain while having penetrative sex?

Query: Hello doctor,My partner and I have been trying to have penetrative sex since the last four months, but we cannot do so. I am a virgin, and the penetration is really painful. The muscles tense up when penetration is attempted. We can insert a finger, but penis indentation seems impossible. And it hur...  Read Full »

Dr. J N Naidu

Answer: Hi,Welcome to not worry. Initially, some women encountered this problem. Please understand that vagina is elastic, and it can stretch easily, and entry of the penis will not be painful. Proper arousal is essential. Foreplay in kissing the neck, breasts, and abdomen increases vaginal s...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.