Gallbladder Surgery

Is gallbladder removal necessary for gallstone problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I have aches on the right side of the upper and lower abdomen as well as in the back that is below my shoulder blade. These aches have got worse over time in the past seven months. My doctor informed me that I have gallstones and that is the cause of my aches and pains. He said that I sh...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the details posted. From the images posted (attachment removed to protect patient identity), there is mild distension of the gallbladder can be noted, but the exact size of the gallstone is not seen clearly. Kindly upload the official report of t...  Read Full »

What causes postcholecystectomy syndrome?

Query: Hello doctor, Over a year ago, I scheduled an appointment to try to understand why I was rapidly losing weight. My gastroenterologist ran some tests and did an upper endoscopy as well as a HIDA scan. The upper turned out negative for all tests however the HIDA scan reported that my gallbladder was ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, I understand that a year back you have been diagnosed with gallbladder dyskinesia or dysmotility as reported by HIDA scan. I was wondering whether you have weight loss as the only primary symptom or associated with abdominal pain. Because gallbladder dyskinesia...  Read Full »

Why did my doctor suggest gallbladder removal for right upper abdomen pain?

Query: Hi doctor, About a month ago, I experienced acute pain in my right upper abdomen and that radiated to my back. It happened after I had a high fat meal that night. The pain lasted for hours and continued as a dull ache for the next week. I made an appointment with a gastroenterologist and he advised ...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Such description of pain is usually seen in the gallbladder issues as well as acid reflux disease. There is no point in taking a second opinion from a gastroenterologist as he would suggest the same. Actually, his suggestion is right. However, If ...  Read Full »

What is the worst outcome of declining surgery for acalculous biliary dyskinesia?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like an opinion regarding surgery for acalculous biliary dyskinesia. I have had RUQ pain and colic attacks for the past three or four years. Ultrasounds at the time showed no symptoms. Then I had a HIDA scan that showed 12% ejection fraction, so the doctor suggested surgery t...  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you had GB sludge with multiple attacks of biliary colic, the chances of getting a repeat attack are very high. Sludge or microlithiasis denote a dysfunctional gall bladder. It is always better to remove a dysfunctional gall bladder as it has a high probability o...  Read Full »

Is pus secretion from gallbladder bed after gallstone removal surgery a concerning issue?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother has undergone a gallstone and uterus removal surgery simultaneously. From the day of operation, she is having pus secretion from the gall bladder bed. What may be the possible reasons behind this?  Read Full »

Dr. Kumar Sonal

General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your mother's complaints. Pus from the surgical site is worrisome. It may just be a surgical site infection, usually superficial and confined to the skin and it usually subsides with appropriate antibiotics. But since you have mentioned that the p...  Read Full »

How to control diverticulitis pain followed by gallbladder surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had a gallbladder operation last year and an umbilical hernia, then I ended up with diverticulitis a couple of months ago. That pain has never gone away. So I went and got an upper and lower GI done and it was clear. The pain is centered in the upper part of my belly and feels ...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Symptoms you have mentioned are indicating towards gastritis or acid peptic disease. Still, I need more information. Why you underwent GB (gallbladder) surgery? You did not mention the GI series report, it was before the onset of pain or after the onset of pain? Is ther...  Read Full »

I am diagnosed with gall bladder stones. Can it be treated with medicine?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with a stone in gall bladder measuring 4 mm, one stone only. I do not want to go for surgery. Can it be treated with medicine?  Read Full »

Dr. Sultan Zeb Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The definite treatment for gallbladder stone is surgery. With medicines, there is very little chance for the dissolution of stone. As the stone is less than 5 mm, there are some chances that it may be dissolved, but it may take 6 to 12 months. There is only one drug ...  Read Full »

I have digestive issues after gallbladder was taken out. Is it a serious condition?

Query: Hello doctor, I am female, nonsmoker, 37 years old. I had my gallbladder out four years ago. I had a lot of digestive issues (rib pain, burning feeling in the tummy, etc). After several adjustments by a chiropractor and acupuncture specialist, the issues went away. They still come back occasionally...  Read Full »

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry. I do not think there is anything serious. Usually, throat lumps are associated with difficulty in swallowing or drinking. But if you feel a lump like feeling in the throat, it is better to consult an E.N.T doctor. He will examine your oral cavity and th...  Read Full »

Will my gallbladder polyps turn cancerous?

Query: Hello doctor, I got my abdominal ultrasound done due to pain while urinating. In the ultrasound, it showed as 'gallbladder polyps'. I checked online and it said it can lead to cancer. I am very scared. I am uploading pictures.  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is nothing to worry about gallbladder polyps. I have seen the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These are small non-problematic thickenings of the gallbladder wall. Pain while urinating is not due to gallbladder polyps. Since you are having mu...  Read Full »

My CT scan reported multiple cysts in gallbladder. What is it?

Query: Hi doctor, Suddenly, I had an intense stomach pain. As per recommendation, I had a CT scan and other tests were carried out. It reported small multiple calculi with biliary sludge in the gallbladder. Jaundice is also high. My stomach pain, headache, body pain and vomiting is happening regularly. I h...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the details posted. The problem you are suffering from is called acute calculous cholecystitis, where gallbladder has stones and gets inflamed along with hepatitis. As the stones are multiple, you may also suffer from pancreatitis, which shou...  Read Full »