Low Blood Sugar Level

Please give the blood sugar levels chart for newborns.

Query: Hi doctor, God has blessed me with a sweet angel today. She is 3.170 kg in weight, and all came up normal. The sugar level was 32, so doctor shifted her to NICU. Now, glucose supplement is going on along with mouth feed in an interval. Her heart rate is 136 bpm, and SPO2 is 100. Do I need to worry ...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It has multiple causes, and the common one is a sudden change in the environment on the basis that from mother to outside. Many newborns get such symptoms, and most of the times it is not a matter of worry. It resolves in a day or two as the baby adapts to the envir...  Read Full »

Please give advise regarding low BP, low sugar blackouts, and palpitations.

Query: Dear doctor, Sometimes I get low BP, low sugar blackouts and palpitations. Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Low blood pressure may be due to genetic factors. Do you have a family history of low blood pressure? Hydration and correction of electrolytes might help you. Mix one teaspoon of Electral powder (essential electrolytes) in a glass of water and drink thrice a day for a ...  Read Full »

Should I worry about my postprandial blood sugar level which is less than fasting value?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 43 year old. My weight is 83 kg, and I do not have blood pressure. My fasting sugar is 102 and post prandial is 87. Why is it so? It is happening for the last three years. I am not able to reduce weight inspite of all exercises, and I eat just regular home meals with calorie cons...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Sexologist, Diabetologist, Andrologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are a few reasons. 1. Pre-diabetes can have such results which means you are more prone to get diabetes. Increased PPBS (postprandial blood sugar) means your pancreas is working very hard to reduce your sugar. It is overworking where it will deplanes beta cell...  Read Full »

What can cause sudden blank out in a diabetic patient?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is 77 years old and a known diabetic for over six years. His height is 170 cm and weight is 65 kg. This is regarding his recent angioplasty. He got it done before three months when he had a kind of seizure or fix. He was hospitalized for a week and got discharged with stable con...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to assure you do not worry as everything is going to be fine if proper care and treatment is opted in for. I have thoroughly gone through your case history, reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and can well understand your genuine health concern...  Read Full »

My sugar level is low. How can I increase it?

Query: Hi doctor, My blood sugar level is 30 mg/dL. What can I do and how can I increase my blood sugar level?  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Low blood sugar level needs attention quickly. I suggest you go to the nearest healthcare facility as soon as possible. Low blood sugar can be due to many different reasons. It could vary with the time of the day when you check your blood sugar level. Blood sugar leve...  Read Full »

Three days after starting diabetes medicine, I feel dizzy. What is the reason?

Query: Dear doctor,Recently, I was diagnosed with diabetes and my blood sugar fasting was 231 and random was 271 mg/dL. I consulted a doctor and he prescribed me Qosmet 500 mg/ 50mg twice a day and Amaryl 1 mg once in the morning. After a week, my sugar was under control and blood sugar fasting was 93 mg/d...  Read Full »

Dr. Rabbanie Tariq Wani

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should monitor your blood sugar twice a week and especially at those times when you are feeling dizzy. Initially, with the start of medication, you may have some low blood sugar symptoms due to the first effect of medications for treatment of diabetes. I suggest...  Read Full »

I feel like I have symptoms of low sugar. Is this due to poor nutrition?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old female. My weight is 45 kg and my height is 157 cm. I feel like I have low pressure and low sugar. My symptoms are headaches and light dizziness, feeling very tense, light hand shake, lack of balance, slightly unclear vision. But, when I eat sugars or salts, I feel b...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. Your problem is, you are not taking proper food, what is known as a balanced diet. That has caused malnutrition which is evident from your BMI of 18. A balanced diet should have carbohydrates, fats as well as protein in an appropriate amount....  Read Full »

What are the reasons for hypoglycemia?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother has been suffering from diabetes for three years. She is 61 years old and weighs 40 kg. She was on Gemer-1. Early morning around 5 AM, she often complains of excessive sweating and weakness. Sweating stops after taking tea, biscuit or sugar. She has stopped taking medication for...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep V Nair

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your mother is getting hypoglycemic attacks during early morning hours. Hypoglycemic attacks are episodes of low blood sugar values occurring in blood. Due to this she is having excessive sweating and weakness. Taking a sweet item is the correct treatment for such an atta...  Read Full »

What can cause hyperhidrosis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 15 year old boy and I have hyperhidrosis. I sweat so much. My shirt cannot stay on for at least 5 minutes. In some half an hour to one hour my whole shirt and armpit area will drench in sweat. Yes, I take a shower twice a day and put deodorant every day. I have even tried the anti...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating could be due to endocrine or hormone related issues. I have explained the causes below. Hyperthyroidism - A simple, non-fasting blood test called TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) will help in diagnosing this problem. Acromegaly - Ano...  Read Full »