Root Canal Treatment

Related Terms: Dental Scaling, Tooth Extraction, Toothache, Tooth Cavity, Cosmetic Dental Procedures, Dental Filling, Tooth Extraction (Removal)

Root Canal Treatment
Article Overview: Root Canal Treatment is a simple chairside procedure done to save the tooth that has been affected by caries severely, infecting the pulp of the tooth, and sometimes extending beyond the apex of the root of the tooth, infecting the surrounding peri-radicular tissues, and also in some other cases.  Read Article »
Dr. Divya Banu M
Dentist

The most common complaint that the patients come up with to a dentist is toothache and the frequently heard term by them is root canal treatment. It is a simple chairside procedure done to save the tooth that has been affected by caries severely, infecting the pulp of the tooth, and sometimes extend ...  Read Article »

Can root canal treatment help reduce swelling around infected teeth?
Query: Hi doctor, I have placed caps in my two teeth. Now, I got swelling around the teeth. X-ray has been taken. The doctor told me that there is some infection in the teeth, so it needs a root canal to be done. I do not have any pain in the teeth. I have only swelling in the teeth. Please suggest what to...  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain will come back after a few days if the root canal treatment is not done for the infected teeth. It is better to do a root canal treatment in the teeth as soon as possible as the pain can become unbearable. Such swelling come due to nerves that get rotten inside the...  Read Full »

Is root canal treatment necessary if there is no pain in the tooth?
Query: Hello doctor,Approximately one year back, my left chewing tooth got a small hole due to something which I bit. So, that became a tooth decay, over there it looks black. I recently consulted a dentist. So, he suggested a root canal but I do not have any pain nor loose of teeth and also I am afraid of...  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the cavity is deep, the root canal treatment is necessary to save it. Else, it will have to be pulled out later. If it is not too deep then you should ask him whether first a temporary filling can be given and if there is no pain even after one month, it can be re...  Read Full »

Can root canal treatment be done on a small kid?
Query: Hello doctor, My 2-1/2-year-old son has a problem with four teeth (front, above) and doctors are suggesting RCT (root canal treatment). Here are my questions. Can RCT be done for such a small child? Will it affect his next teeth at around 7 years of age? Is there any alternate for RCT ...  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If he is not cooperating then root canal treatment is very difficult for him and he would need to be sedated. You can delay the treatment by taking antibiotics and paracetamol for a week. This will give relief for some months. Also, use a good toothpaste to prevent...  Read Full »

Which is the best treatment for badly decayed front teeth in a child?
Query: Hello doctor, My 3.5 years old daughter's upper front four teeth have decayed very badly and our dentist has advised on either root canal treatment or taking them out. Which treatment is best suited overall for my daughter?  Read Full »
Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Go for antibiotic coverage and meanwhile get the culprit teeth extracted if it is definitely amongst the first four. These are milk teeth which will come at age of 6. Do not get them extracted together. The one or two causing severe infection should be extracted out. A...  Read Full »

Can I have root canal treatment for cracked molar?
Query: Hi doctor, I had a cracked molar tooth. My dentist drilled it down and put on a temporary. We waited for a week and the temporary hurt. He decided that I need crown lengthening, which I had done. I went back to the dentist after it healed for three weeks and had an impression for a crown. He had to ...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeth Sadasivam
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your complaint and the relevant details. A cracked tooth can be root canal treated depending on the direction of the crack within the tooth especially if it involves the vital part of the tooth called the pulp. The pulp is the vital part. When it is in...  Read Full »

Sodium Hypochlorite Accidents During Root Canal Treatment
Article Overview: This article discusses about sodium hypochlorite accidents during root canal treatment.  Read Article »
Dr. Shwetha Hegde
Dentist

Sodium hypochlorite (NaOCl) can be commonly found in a dentist's office. It is used as an irrigant during root canal treatments as it dissolves organic soft tissue of pulp and predentin. It is usually used in a dilution of 0.5% or less. Higher concentrations of sodium hypochlorite are cytotoxic. It ...  Read Article »

Do I need a root canal treatment compulsorily?
Query: Hi doctor, I had a cavity in the tooth. The X-rays show it was small but when the dentist drilled the nerve got exposed and is telling me I need a root canal along with crown. He has put a temporary filling for now. How do I know if I need a root canal for sure?  Read Full »
Dr. Prerna Jain
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the nerve/pulp of the tooth is exposed, there is no other course of treatment except root canal treatment. You can confirm the same using x-ray, IOPA of the tooth. If no treatment is continued or a permanent filling is placed, the tooth will continue to experience p...  Read Full »

Can calcium hydroxide cause toothache while root canal treatment?
Query: Hello doctor, I had a crown in one of my teeth on the lower left bottom. The crown came off. I went to the dentist who suggested root canal even when I did not have any problem. The root canal was completed and the crown was placed. After a few days, my teeth used to pain only on consuming hot wate...  Read Full »
Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your question I can understand your concern. The pain may be because of post RCT infection or because of the accessory canal in the root that becomes sometimes difficult to manage. In case it in infection you need to take antibiotics and that will he...  Read Full »

Will root canal be done in a broken tooth?
Query: Hello doctor, I am meant to be having a root canal filling in one of my teeth. I have had it temporarily filled twice and now it has fallen out but it feels like there is only one side of my tooth almost like it has broken in half. Will they still do the root canal filling?  Read Full »
Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern. Yes, if the root stem is strong and not resorbed, root canal treatment can be performed, after that, if the crown tissue is grossly damaged they will do another procedure called post and core treatment. S...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Root Canal Treatment? We have medical experts to help you right away.