Acid Reflux

Related Terms: Pantoprazole, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, Gastritis, Gerd, Domperidone, Acidity, Proton-pump Inhibitors

Acid Reflux
Article Overview: The regurgitation of the stomach contents into the food pipe is known as acid reflux. It causes pain and discomfort in the chest. If left untreated, it can cause problems such as ulcers, strictures and even cancer. Read on to know more about it.  Read Article »
Dr. Vasantha K S

What is Acid Reflux? The esophagus is the food pipe connecting the mouth to the stomach. It pushes the food down to the stomach by a rhythmic, involuntary wave-like movement of muscles, a process known as peristalsis. Once the food is in the stomach, it releases acids such as hydrochloric acid to ...  Read Article »

Can acid reflux cause harm to throat?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old female. I have tiny red spots on the uvula. I can see a small vertical bulge behind my uvula on the pharyngeal wall. I am very concerned. What could be the bulge?  Read Full »
Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The picture is not clear (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This bulge can be enlarged adenoid. Do you have any pain in the throat or while swallowing? Do you have a fever? Do you snore while sleeping? For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist...  Read Full »

Can severe acid reflux turn my teeth translucent, and cause gums to recede?
Query: Hi doctor, Lately, I noticed that my teeth are not the best looking. I had acid reflux. I looked up a lot of stuff about acid in the mouth, and looking at my teeth I think this is what is happening. My teeth started turning translucent two weeks ago. When I looked it up, it said that it could occur...  Read Full »
Dr. Honey Arora
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms that you have explained are right. If you have acid reflux problem and in your case, it looks like there is too much of acid refluxing in your mouth from the stomach. This acid can erode your teeth making the enamel thin due to loss of minerals. I have common...  Read Full »

Other than acid reflux, what can cause inflammation and irritation of throat?
Query: Hi doctor,I have been having some issues with my throat and esophagus. I have seen an ENT specialist and he said that I had a lot of inflammation in my esophagus, but did not seem to say anything else other than it may be the acid reflux. But, the way I feel and a lot of the other symptoms that have...  Read Full »
Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms described by you match the presentations of globus pharyngeus or laryngopharyngeal reflux. Laryngopharyngeal reflux, like the one that occurs at the stomach-esophageal junction, occurs in the region of the neck due to the presence of some acid producing ...  Read Full »

Suffering from acid reflux and bloating for the third time in a year. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old male. I have had severe acid reflux and stomach bloating three times in the past 12 months. It started suddenly each time. There is no prior symptom. This is the third time and it has been going on for a month. During the first time, I treated myself with antacids (Calc...  Read Full »
Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You described two different entities here. If you have indigestion due to any reason, then you may have bloating, burping, heaviness of abdomen and early satiety. This occurs due to less enzymes available from the stomach, gall bladder and, pancreas for digestion due t...  Read Full »

Why do i have consistent acid reflux the whole day? Can GERD cause sleeplessness?
Query: Hi doctor, I have consistent acid reflux when I wake up and until I go to sleep for about three weeks now. It is so bad now that I can not just eat. My mouth tastes to have a nice and yummy food. I get upper back and chest pains when I am lying down at night. I have been checked out by my cardiolo...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). I would advise you to take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone for the reflux. Also, you should take a soft and balanced diet. You should also put a pillow below your head when you sleep. Make a habit ...  Read Full »

Does toxoplasmosis and acid reflux explain all my symptoms?
Query: Hello doctor, I am sorry as this will be a bit long. I will try to explain concisely. I am a 40 year old male, and I weigh 100 kg and 1.85 m tall. I have toxoplasmosis. Last year, I had a weird throat ache, like a persistent itch on the upper side of my left palatine tonsil. It is hard to describe, ...  Read Full »
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal
Audiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Toxoplasmosis has a sore throat as one of its presenting complaints. So, do not worry about the sore throat as well as rest of the symptoms. They are due to toxoplasmosis only as your tests also show positive for antibodies. An MRI need not be done until you have any com...  Read Full »

I have chest congestion, acid reflux, and heartburn. Is it GERD or a heart attack?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male, who weighs 240 lbs, and I am 5.10 feet tall. Tonight I had what I think was acid reflux or heartburn. I was not sure about it, as I have never had it. I felt like something is stuck in my throat, and also I felt a chest congestion when I tried to cough. I was...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. Let go of your anxiety. Gastroesophageal reflux disease is 80 % corrected by simple diet and lifestyle modifications. So, I would suggest you try the following. Lose your weight. If your BMI (body mass index) is 25 or above, you need to lo...  Read Full »

Do you recommend probiotics for acid reflux?
Query: Hi doctor, I have acid reflux since 10 years. My H.pylori test is negative. I already overused Pantoprazole and it caused side effects like vitamin B12 deficiency, muscle weakness, etc. So, I would like to discontinue it. I heard that probiotics may heal my problem. Can I use probiotics? If so, th...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are suggestive of irritable bowel syndrome. Yes, probiotics play a wonderful role in this. In fact the famous probiotic for this purpose available in market are Darolac-IBS and VSL-3 (lactic acid). You can take them twice a day. For further information cons...  Read Full »

I feel constant throat irritation and acid reflux. Please share your thoughts.
Query: Hi doctor, For about five days now, I have this sensation of a pill stuck in the throat right below Adam's apple. There is no pain at all. It is not there in the morning but will show up throughout the day. I can eat and swallow without any problem, and it seems to go away when I eat. It is not qui...  Read Full »
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal
Audiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The foreign body sensation in your throat is basically due to acid reflux. It is irritating the throat as acid raises high up to cause stickiness. Along with all the medicines you are taking, I would add few lifestyle measures. Avoid a sedentary lifestyle and at least mov...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Acid Reflux? We have medical experts to help you right away.