Allergic Contact Dermatitis

Related Terms: Eczema, Allergy, Cosmetics Allergy, Levocetirizine, Clobetasol, Fusidic Acid, Irritant Dermatitis

Why do I have pimples after forgetting to remove my make up off?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old, and I have this problem for about two weeks. I think this is because I did not remove my make up after a party and slept off. And the very next day, I got small red pimples on my face. I have this redness or spots on both sides of my cheeks. What could this be? Plea...  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This might be allergic contact dermatitis or cosmetic-induced acne. Make sure that you do not get exposed to that chemical within the next 10 days otherwise there are chances of sensitization and can cause further flare-up of the disease. Apply the following medicines o...  Read Full »

How harmful is poison oak when contacted?
Query: Hi doctor, I disk golf in an area where a decent amount of poison oak is present. I would like to know how fast urushiol binds to skin, and once it does is there any possibility to spread? I use an electronic cigarette which requires me to handle cotton that I feed into the atomizer. My doubt is if ...  Read Full »
Dr. Sudhir Kumar N

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query. Poison oak causes allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) and is the most common cause of ACD than all the other causes combined. The allergen which cause ACD is usually present within the sap named urushiol and it will be mainly present in the l...  Read Full »

I have dark spots on my fingers.What would this be and how to treat?
Query: Hello doctor, I have dark spots on my fingers that I have noticed this month only. It seems to be dry skin and this area on my fingers look bruised, as if they were left in the cold and looks almost purplish. In the past I did have tiny bumps that were itchy on the sides of my fingers but, they ar...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are two probabilities of your condition, one is allergic contact dermatitis and the other is pompholyx which is also known as dyshidrotic eczema. Since you have not mentioned your age, complaint, onset and progression of these bumps in details, I am unable to co...  Read Full »

I have multiple itchy lesions all over my body. What can they be?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 72 years male, who weighs 66 kg and I am 166 cm tall. I have multiple itchy lesions all over my body which responses temporarily to oral steroids. RAST test showed I am allergic to dogs and cats. My dermatologist diagnosed it as type 3 hypersensitivity (IgG mediated), and I am no...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query. It seems you have developed either allergic contact dermatitis or tinea corporis. Please sent pictures of the lesions, for a better understanding. Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-o...  Read Full »

I am getting yearly itchy rash outbreaks. What are they?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from this problem for a few years and every year it seems to be worsening than the previous one. I am overweight and by working hard I have lost about 15 pounds. I got yearly rash outbreaks on arms, especially forearms. I have diabetes and taking many medications,...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like (attachment removed to protect patient identity) polymorphic light eruptions, may be allergic contact dermatitis. You can use full sleeve cotton shirts to cover the photo exposed area. You need absolute sun protection, good quality broad spectrum ph...  Read Full »

Skin of penis is peeling a day after sex. Can it be yeast infection or STD?
Query: Hello doctor, My partner and I had sex and a day after, the skin on his penis was peeling. I have no clue what it means. It is still peeling and we had sex a week ago. I went to get it checked out I have not heard anything yet. He said he got checked two weeks ago and I got checked a day after. Ple...  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The peeling of skin after sexual intercourse occurs in 3 to 5 % of men. The most common cause is allergic (contact dermatitis), followed by fungal infection and STD like chlamydia or gonococcal infection. However, STD is associated with pain and dysuria. The other tw...  Read Full »

What can cause upper eyelid swelling?
Query: Hi doctor, I noticed that the upper lid of my eye is swollen. It does not have the signs of inflammation but rather the lid is being like edematous. It is itchy in the night. Can it be normal again? What is it and what should I do?  Read Full »
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed the attached photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and according to me you have developed an allergic contact dermatitis. It can be due to anything you have applied on the eyes or due to any volatile substance. I would recommend you ...  Read Full »

What is the non-itchy foot rash?
Query: Hello doctor, I have noticed some rash on my right feet. It is not itchy but very rough. I have been massaging for three months with ghee, olive oil, and coconut oil but it has not reduced a bit rather gone a little darker. I have very extremely dry feet.  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking at the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can list a few possibilities. Asteatotic eczema, psoriasis, tinea pedis, allergic contact dermatitis. Is this picture taken after you have massaged with oil? Do you have it only on right foot? An...  Read Full »

I developed itchy and dry skin after dyeing hair in salon. Can you have a look?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a question about my skin condition. I have developed a really itchy and dry skin after I dyed my hair. Here are the symptoms. I do not know what the condition is as my appointment is months away. Can I attach pictures?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query and examined your given picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems you have developed allergic contact dermatitis to hair dye. Though you may not have had this on your previous exposure, now onwards you may have a severe re...  Read Full »

Please recommend some treatment for the prickly and itchy rashes on my abdomen.
Query: Hello doctor, I have a rash on my abdomen or the lower chest area and also in the mid back. It is being there from the past three weeks. This is the second time that I am getting the rash within these six months. About four to six months back, I first got this type of rash. The rash appears flat wi...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concerns and examined your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From the available data, it seems you have developed allergic contact dermatitis or sweat dermatitis. I just wanted to know, if your blotchy, erythematous patches disapp...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Allergic Contact Dermatitis? We have medical experts to help you right away.