Ashwagandha

Related Terms: Ayurveda Treatment, Stress, Yoga, Ksheerabala Oil, Alternative Treatment, Anxiety, Ashwagandha Rasayana

Will Ashwagandha interfere with anesthesia during lymph node removal surgery?
Query: Hello doctor, I did not realize my surgery would be so soon. I have been taking Ashwagandha and an Omega 3 supplement. I am having an enlarged lymph node removed in my neck under general anesthesia as an outpatient procedure. Will it be safe to undergo this procedure under anesthesia in a few days?...  Read Full »
Dr. Abhishek Singh
Anesthesiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Removal of a lymph node is not an extensive surgery. So, no need to worry much. As far as anesthetic risk is concerned, you may face the following problems because of your high BMI (body mass index). Difficult bag-mask ventilation. Difficult airway and intubation. ...  Read Full »

Are Ashwagandha and Shilajit good for boosting testosterone while body building?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. 80 kg and 5 feet 7 inches. Regular to the gym. Instead of using any artificial testosterone or any type of supplement in the gym, I recently found out about Ashwagandha and Shilajit which are natural and provide a testosterone boost naturally. Is it safe to consume 600...  Read Full »
Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have selected good natural medicines to testosterone booster. We do prescribe these medicines to improve natural body strength and immunity, and not specifically for body-building. But, you can use it on regular basis for two months. If Ashwagandha is available ...  Read Full »

Can I use Ashwagandha or Shilajit for fatigue caused by masturbation?
Query: Hi doctor, Earlier in my life I had the problem of over-masturbation. This was related to my mental depression as well. However, I have recovered from the habit of over-masturbation. But, still I masturbate once in four days. This causes fatigue, back pain and leg pain. Can I use supplements such as...  Read Full »
Dr. Niveditha Srinivasamurthy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can certainly go for ayurveda supplements. Masturbating once in four days is not abnormal. You are probably low on essential vitamins and that is causing the body pain. I would not recommend Shilajit. It is to be taken under strict medical supervision only. Go fo...  Read Full »

Can high dose of Ashwagandha cause problem in super sensitive individuals?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been interested in the herb Ashwagandha for a long time. I am a 42-year-old woman, slightly overweight, moderately active and have anxiety, depression, and fatigue. I took Ashwagandha for a month when I was off Prozac and it seemed to help with my anxiety. When I upped my dose,...  Read Full »
Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you mentioned, Ashwagandha has health benefits, especially in anxiety. If the herb root is available in raw powder form, then it could be 1 g or 1.5 g. If it is in the extract form, then the therapeutic dose must be 200 to 300 mg. More than that, it is going to cause...  Read Full »

Is it true that Ashwagandha has bad interaction with anesthesia?
Query: Hi doctor, I am due to have a surgery cone biopsy for CIN 3. I am stopping all my supplements a week before, as requested by the hospital. However, I ordered an herbal medicine last week, Ashwagandha, to try for insomnia and nerves. It was dumb to try without consulting a doctor. I think I have on...  Read Full »
Dr. Sukhdev Garg
Anesthesiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding your query, it seems you have already searched a lot on the social networks. You are absolutely right that Ashwagandha should be stopped for 1 week prior to surgery. But, there are certain facts you need to know. First, you are not having a surgery and it is on...  Read Full »

Do I have to stop taking ashwagandha before a surgery?Will it interact with anesthesia?
Query: Hello doctor, I am scheduled for sinus surgery day after tomorrow. I have been given a list of medications which should not be taken and I have followed that. However, I have been taking ashwagandha (herb supplement 470 mg once a day) to help with anxiety. I read online that this may interfere with ...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below. 1. Ashwagandha or Indian ginseng is a well known ayurvedic herbal medicine. 2. The following constitute its important effects on the human body: It causes increase in energy levels. It might int...  Read Full »

How can I overcome the warming effects of Ashwagandha?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old male. I started taking Ashwagandha 500 mg per day, a few months ago, and it improved my memory, attention, etc. But after a month, I began to have night sweats, agitation, weird sensations in the neck area and protruding eyes. I have read that Ashwagandha is excess ...  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Rathee
General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. I have carefully read all the details provided by you and here is the solution. Never take Ashwagandha with ghee. Take it with cold milk, without sugar. Take Ashwagandha only three days a week, taking it continuously in high doses for too...  Read Full »

Premature ejaculation along with erection after the first orgasm. Is there any remedy?
Query: Hi doctor, I have PE problem and also facing issues with erection after the first orgasm. The second erection just does not happen till the next day or later. I need a remedy for this issue as I recently got married. Is Viagra, Penegra or Cialis the solution? Or should I take a natural remedy like V...  Read Full »
Dr. Shilpi Rajnish Gupta
Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ashwagandha is an herb that has been used since centuries to treat impotence, premature ejaculation, infertility, and other sex disorders. It is an adaptogenic herb which nourishes nerves and improves nerve function as well that helps your body adapt to stress, one of th...  Read Full »

Is nutrigain recommended for Crohn's patient?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from Crohn's disease and would like to try nutrigain. Please advice if there are any side effects.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nutrigain is a supplement which contains Ashwagandha and Shatavari. Research works have claimed that both these are very much helpful in gaining weight. If we believe that the composition described by the company is true and does not include any steroids or other harmf...  Read Full »

Please suggest an ayurveda remedy for tight foreskin.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old male. I have a tight foreskin. When my penis is erect I can pull down the skin completely without any problem, but when it is normal, it cannot be pulled down completely. Sometimes, I can, but not always. I do not want to go for surgery. Is there a natural way to he...  Read Full »
Dr. Niveditha Srinivasamurthy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Certainly, there is an ayurveda oil called Ashwagandha bala lakshadi oil. Apply this oil externally to the entire penis every day for ten minutes before bath. This will act as an effective lubricant. Internally too you need lubrication. Take Ksheerabala 101 capsules, one...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Ashwagandha? We have medical experts to help you right away.