Baby Normal Behavior

Related Terms: Normal Baby Growth, Baby Care, Breast Milk, Baby Milestones, Benefits Of Breastfeeding, Baby Constipation, Brain Injury

My 18 month old eats very less. Should I give him an appetite booster?
Query: Hello doctor, My 18 month old son is very choosy and eats very less. He eats everything one day and almost nothing another day. I am worried about his health. He frequently gets cold and congestion too. What can I do? Can I give him any appetite booster? What is the best food for him?  Read Full »
Dr. Simy Mathew
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a common concern that every mother has. Kids are fussy eaters and we should inculcate good food habits in them. Try giving different food items to him on different days, keep changing, and experimenting with food - this might help him eat something. Never try...  Read Full »

My 2 year old son sleeps with a bottle in his mouth. Will it cause any problem?
Query: Hi doctor, My 2 year old son wants a bottle in his mouth to sleep in the afternoon and at night. I fill the bottle with water. He does not drink it, but he just keeps it in his mouth until he falls asleep. Will this cause dental problems? Will it affect the shape of his teeth? Please guide me.  Read Full »
Dr. Purva Jingar
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is normal that a child at the age of 1 to 2 keeps the nipple of the bottle in the mouth, but this should be stopped as soon as possible because this might affect the inclination of the teeth. Just visit a pedodontist and ask for correcting this habit and other guida...  Read Full »

Can I give Babygesic drops for fever?
Query: Hi doctor, My baby, who is 1 year old, is suffering from fever. It is 104 Fahrenheit from last one hour. Please help me.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you to give him a Panadol drop (Paracetamol) about 8 to 10 drops or 2.5 mL for every eight hours for fever. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with their consent. If his fever is not coming down, then please do cold ...  Read Full »

Why has the infant not defecated for a few days?
Query: Hello doctor, My 45-day-old nephew has not defecated for the last two days. Today is the third day. He is taking his feeds well and having a sound sleep. His urine output is good. Also, he is leaving gas as usual. Kindly help.  Read Full »
Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is one of the common complaints received. It is absolutely normal for an infant to pass stool once in a week or 20 times a day in whatever consistency. As long as the baby is active, is feeding well and is passing adequate urine there is nothing to worry. Con...  Read Full »

Does a fall cause brain and IQ damage in a baby?
Query: Hi doctor, My daughter of 6 months old had a fall yesterday from 20 inches height. She had a hit on the backside of her head. She cried loudly and I immediately applied lot of water on the backside of her head. She became fine within a minute and she is totally fine now. Will it affect her intellig...  Read Full »
Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fall from height does cause injury, a known fact. Human body has protective mechanisms against such accidents. One is bony skull, which prevents force to hit brain inside. It is not that effective in children. Next is fluid inside the skull surrounding brain does prevent...  Read Full »

My 5 months old daughter did not roll since yesterday. Is it normal?
Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 5 months old. She started rolling at her fifth month birthday. She rolled for two or three days. But, she did not roll since yesterday. Is this normal?  Read Full »
Dr. Deepak Patel
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A baby starts to roll or turn on its back at 5 months of age. Since your child has started to roll at 5 months, this is absolutely normal for this age. In initial days, the movements are a bit slow which the child picks in a few days. So, you should not worry about this. ...  Read Full »

My 1 year old daughter is not gaining weight. What to do?
Query: Hello doctor, I am the proud father of a baby girl, who is 1 year old. The problem is that we have noticed a very slow increase in her weight. She is almost a year old, but her weight is still 7 kg. I just want to know if there is anything we can do to know the cause of why she is having such a pro...  Read Full »
Dr. Rakesh Mittal
Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not mentioned about her birth weight. That will give us an idea about how much weight she has gained. Our criteria for good health in young children are their feeding, sleep, and activities. If all these parameters are normal, there is nothing to worry. She w...  Read Full »

Which type of vaccination is good, painless or painful?
Query: Hello doctor,My son's tongue comes out while sleeping and most of the time. He is six weeks old. While breastfeeding, he uses his tongue to suck the milk. Is this normal? Please advice.  Read Full »
Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since the child is just six weeks old, you need not worry. It is normal for the baby to do this. It is just a variation. Do not panic and just relax. Watch your baby grow and change habits as he grows. For further information consult a child health specialist online --...  Read Full »

My baby's head size is big. Is it due to any abnormality?
Query: Hi doctor, I was blessed with twin baby girls before three months. It was a premature C-section at 36th week. At birth, one of my baby head size was 33 cm. After some days, it was 36.5 cm. So, the doctor was surprised and sent for an ultrasound scan. I have attached the first report of the scan. It ...  Read Full »
Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you. The head circumference of 40.5 cm at 8 weeks of age is definitely abnormal. In addition to that, the scan report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) clearly ...  Read Full »

Is there a need to consult a doctor for jerks of a 7 months old baby?
Query: Hi doctor, My 7 months old baby boy is dropping down his head occasionally. Sometimes, he has some mild jerks. Jerks were at the time after his feeding or after he wakes up. That time, he just swallows or lick his lips with tongue. Otherwise, his activities are very normal. He can hear us, identify...  Read Full »
Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have read your question with care and understand that you are concerned about few jerks your kid has. First and foremost, I would like to appreciate and congratulate you for giving detailed descriptions. Regarding the jerks, they are quite normal for his age. You need t...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Baby Normal Behavior? We have medical experts to help you right away.