Brain Tumours

Related Terms: Mri Of Brain, Ct Scan Of Brain, Mri, Migraine, Headache, Brain Imaging, Brain Lesion

What You Should Know About Headaches?
Article Overview: Do you suffer from headaches that disturbs your life, work, studies and relationships? Do you keep popping pain killers to get relieved? Ever wondered if your headache is easily treatable? Read this article to know the answers.  Read Article »
General Medicine Physician

Headache is a common reason for patients to seek medical attention. We see so many online queries on headache. If you are suffering from headaches, read this article because, understanding your problem can help you solving it. There are many causes of headache, and if correctly diagnosed and tre ...  Read Article »

I am hearing a strange noise only at night. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, Around three months back, I started to hear a strange noise at night. We live in a village. Apart from the odd barking dog and passing car, it is silent, especially at night. However, I started to hear what sounded like a distant engine, but it never got any closer. It is almost like a dr...  Read Full »
Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would advise you get pure tone audiometry and tympanometry. We will know if you have any hearing loss and pressure changes in your ear. Also, in a few thyroid patients, tinnitus is common. But, you should get the above tests done for a correct diagnosis. If they are fin...  Read Full »

Can paleo diet help in non-recurrence of oligodendroglioma?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 47 years old male. I was diagnosed with oligodendroglioma grade 2 brain tumor in the right posterior parietal region ten years back. I underwent neurosurgery, followed by radiation therapy. MRI taken after treatment showed no tumor left. But during follow up MRI’s, two years ...  Read Full »
Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Paleo diet will definitely reduce your weight. About the recurrence of the tumor, it will reduce the recurrence of the tumor by 30 percent. What this means is assume that the chance of recurrence of a particular tumor is 80 percent. That means out of 100 people, 8...  Read Full »

Please explain this histopathology report of diffuse astrocytoma.
Query: Hello doctor, I need a proper understanding of this histopathology report - Sections studied show a tumor composed of diffusely proliferating glial cells which show round to oval nuclei in a loose fibrillary background. In focal areas, the cells show moderate nuclear pleomorphism with an increase ...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have thoroughly reviewed your query and can well understand your concerns. There is a brain tumor named diffuse astrocytoma that is consistent with the features described in your question. If we take a chunk of the tumor out and examine it under special microscope...  Read Full »

Can meningioma be cured?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been diagnosed with a 5 x 5 x 3 mm meningioma in the superior frontal gyrus towards the cranial vertex. I would like to know if this will kill me or shorten my life. I also want information about anything regarding this, for example, recurrence, regrowth, etc.  Read Full »
Dr. Chirag Solanki
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need not worry about meningioma. It is a benign and slow growing tumor. The present size is also very small. You only need to follow it up with serial scans every year. If it increases in size or causes symptoms, then only treatment is required for that. Thank you. Fo...  Read Full »

How to deal with teeth grinding that developed due to brain tumor?
Query: Hello doctor, My nephew is 2 years and 5 months old and he had a brain surgery two months ago to extract a brain tumor. It was an anaplastic ependymoma on his fourth ventricle. After brain surgery, his awareness was low and he was on a ventilator for 50 days. He is doing well know, but ou...  Read Full »
Dr. Chirag Solanki
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your nephew. Due to the tumor for which he was operated, the cerebellum (small brain) was affected. Due to that, he has developed bruxism which is a rare complication. Unfortunately, there is no effective established recommended treatment. Some ...  Read Full »

Does the CT scan of my brain show a meningioma?
Query: Hello doctor, I would like your opinion regarding the attached CT scan of my head. I specifically want to know if you see any indication of a meningioma in the left posterior parietal lobe. I would also like your opinion regarding whether or not a CT without contrast would show this particular anoma...  Read Full »
Dr. Sudheer Ambekar
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the MRI (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I see a spot of hyperdensity in the left posterior parietal lobe. However, the findings are not suggestive of a meningioma. The hyperdensity may represent calcification due to a granuloma. I suggest...  Read Full »

How to find whether the seizure is due to brain tumor or from recent brain trauma?
Query: Hello doctor,I am an epilepsy patient. I got seizure before three weeks. There was a brain trauma nine months back. The CT and MRI showed only tumor and no other problem. Last week, the EEG report showed normal. How to find whether the seizure is caused by the tumor or by the trauma or both?  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. The establishment of the cause depends on the clinical history and location of the tumor as well as trauma. The nature of seizure varies from different areas of the brain. After identification of the affected area, ...  Read Full »

Can a minor head injury due to fall from a height result in brain tumor?
Query: Hello doctor, My now 18-year-old son fell from a height 14 years ago. He got a minor injury. I consulted a neurologist for a CT scan just for my satisfaction. But, the doctor said no he is absolutely fine. I am still worried whether in future he will suffer from a brain tumor be...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I would like to inform you that head injury is not a major risk factor for a brain tumor. Most of the brain tumors occur because there are genetic predispositions and mutations in germline cells and no such event occurs due to head injury. Second...  Read Full »

Can brain stem tumors cause trigeminal neuralgia?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old female. I am healthy, and my routine blood studies are fine. But recently, I experience cramps in my left hand and occasional numbness in the left side of my face. Also one day, I felt a strong toothache on my right side, so I went to a dentist, who told me there w...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I would like to assure you that the none of the described symptoms in your post is indicative of brain tumor. It will not be wrong to say that what you are experiencing is a manifestation of benign disorde...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Brain Tumours? We have medical experts to help you right away.