Build Muscle

Related Terms: Protein Rich Diet, Exercises, Protein Powder, Eggs In Diet, Physiotherapy, Whey Protein Powder, Balanced Diet

I want to gain weight and build muscles. Can I use nutrigain powder?
Query: Hi Doctor, I am a 23 year old guy. My height is 165 cm and weight is 56 kg. I want to gain weight and build muscles too. Even though, I did some exercise and taking healthy foods, it makes my muscles to be tight but it doesn't show up any sign of enlarging or building up. I heard about an Ayurved...  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, About Nutrigain: Nutrigain is an ayurvedic supplement which is manufactured and distributed by ayurwin pharmacy.  The chief ingredients present in this preparation are Ashwagandha and Shatavari. Research works have claimed that both these are very much helpful in gaining weight.  The pr...  Read Full »

Shall I take supplements to reduce fat and build muscle?
Query: Hi doctor,I am a professional stunt rider. I like to build muscle and reduce belly fat. Currently I am taking whey protein, BCAA, creatine, and Hydroxycut fat burner. Are these type of supplements safe? Will they give any side effects? My height is 173 cm, and weight is 75.8 kg.  Read Full »
Dr. Sanchari Majumder
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you take supplement alone without doing any exercise, then it can cause the following problems. Digestive problem. May decrease liver function. May cause muscle damage. Sexual problem like decreased sex desire and premature ejaculation. Hormonal problem like anxiety, d...  Read Full »

Will nutritional supplement help to gain weight and build muscles?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old. My weight is 52 kg. I want to gain my weight. Can I use Nutrigain? Will it help in the build up my muscles?  Read Full »
Dr. Swapan Banerjee
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The first thing you have to focus on your daily diet and not only supplements. So make a high-calorie food. Eat more cereals 300 gm mainly plain rice, brown rice or bread, oatmeals, maize, Nutrela, and all whole grains. Add all good quality proteins like organic, dairy...  Read Full »

I am 5 feet tall with underweight 40 kg. How can I gain weight?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23-year-old male and am just 5 feet tall with underweight (40 kg) and till now I did not consult any doctor. So, kindly assist me to gain weight.  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. To gain weight in a healthy way, you need to build muscle; I advise you to indulge in regular physical activity and a healthy diet pattern. For a healthy diet, do not start eating oily food or junk food to gain weight, because that would only lead to a gain in fat a...  Read Full »

Why am I so lean even after eating healthy foods?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 22 year old male weighing 45 kg and my height is 5'5". My concern is why I am so lean despite of eating healthy foods. Please help. Thank you.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for using this platform. First of all I would suggest you to rule out any chronic disease by carrying out blood test that is preventing you from gaining weight. In order to build muscle and body, there is no better way than going to gym and supplementing it with...  Read Full »

Is it advisable to take Betnelan tablet and Mosegor syrup to stay healthy and gain weight?
Query: Hello doctor,I am using Betnelan tablet and Mosegor syrup to stay healthy. Is it advisable to take it? I am using it for the past one year. Please advise.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would not suggest you use them. These tablets and syrup are not going to help you to gain weight or muscle building. Betnelan is steroids and it will cause harm to your body in the long run. Steroid work by replacing the testosterone hormone that would normally be pro...  Read Full »

What should I do for proportionate growth?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old. My diet is normal, but my body is not growing proportionately. Only my stomach is growing. My BMI is 28.14. What should I do for it?  Read Full »
Dr. Aamir Mohd

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned your body mass index (BMI) which is 28.14and is normal in this age group. To remain healthy, you should start doing morning walk and join a gym if you want to build your muscles. Also, you should start eating more protein in your diet like egg,...  Read Full »

Can low dose of human growth hormone lead to type 2 diabetes?
Query: Hi doctor, I have prediabetes (5.8 fasting blood glucose). Can low doses of human growth hormone used for bodybuilding lead to type 2 diabetes? My mother has type 2 diabetes mellitus.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. 5.8 mg/dL of glucose is too low. Prediabetes is fasting blood glucose between 110 to 126 mg/dL and above it is frank diabetes. Type 2 diabetes cannot be caused by small or large doses of human growth hormone. Type 2 diabetes is autoimmune in nature and it is mostly geneti...  Read Full »

Hypothyroid patient. Suggest any pre-workout supplement other than Nitrous Oxide.
Query: Dear Doctor, I have hypothyroidism. My TSH level is higher than the normal range. T3 and T4 are fine. I go to the gym regularly and like to lift heavy weights. I am taking pre-workout supplement - Nitrous Oxide. I heard that this is not good for me but I want to take some pre-workout supplement. Wha...  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. That is a very good question.You are right. The supplements which you are taking are not good for you when you have hypothyroidism. It can have adverse effects in the long run. I understand you require a pre-workout supplement for the strenuous exercise you do. WHEY PROTE...  Read Full »

Gym Motivation: the Right Way to Workout
Article Overview: Every year, on the first day of the year, the gyms are always overcrowded. There is no doubt that it is a healthy choice. Taking a small step towards fitness is always better than taking no step. However, how to sustain all year long? Let us read on.  Read Article »
Dr. Vishnu K R
Fitness Expert

Gyms around the world have a typical architecture. A big rectangular hall with mirrored walls, a multigym cable equipment in the middle, a set of dumbells in the corner and pieces of cardio equipment at the edge. The mats are either rubber or synthetic. You then see a lot of instruction posters and ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Build Muscle? We have medical experts to help you right away.