Medical Advice on "Constipation"

It can be easily managed. But adequate follow up and adherence to the treatment is required … View thread »

... owing to a faulty diet, irregular lifestyle and also mental stress that is best avoided or prevented naturally ... … View thread »

I have gone through the files uploaded by you. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The endoscopy report you have shown does not show any evidence of SRUS (solitary rectal ulcer syndrome). All your symptoms can be attributed to underlying constipation. … View thread »

As you suspect the symptoms might be due to chronic prostatitis or a similar entity chronic prostatic pain syndrome. It needs a per rectal examination. Per rectal examination is not that painful as you suspect. Urine culture after a per rectal examination will turn to be … View thread »

I appreciate you seeking help. Well, constipation is the key feature in piles or fissures which exhibit similar symptoms. I recommend the following for relief: Streamline your diet and lifestyle: Focus on a balanced Mediterranean diet, with adequate intake of water and … View thread »

These are indeed varicose veins (attachment removed to protect patient identity); we usually treat them when they cause pain, swelling or ulcers and getting infected. In that situation surgery is usually recommended depending upon how bad they have been. For your mother … View thread »

Transient constipation in a 1 year old child improves with diet modification. Most of the medications used to treat constipation treat the acute phase and are for symptomatic relief. You should include more roughage in her diet like fruits and vegetables. Avoid giving … View thread »

It is good that you have stopped smoking. But, the withdrawal symptoms do not manifest as acidity. Although it can cause constipation, but not after a month of quitting. Your cholesterol levels are high and it is the cause for persistent GERD (gastroesophageal reflux … View thread »

I have read your reports (attachments removed to protect patient identity) and complaints. If constipation is not cured on time it may lead to irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). All your symptoms are of IBS that is in ayurveda and it is called as grahani where in the … View thread »

I would need a little bit more history, How many times during a week do you have a bowel movement? Please go online and type Bristol stool chart, and let me know the consistency and type of the stools you are having in general from a month. Have you had diarrhea before … View thread »

Do you have a question on Constipation? We have medical experts to help you right away.