Constipation

Related Terms: High Fibre Diet, Avoid Constipation, Anal Fissure, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Diarrhea, Laxative, Colonoscopy

Constipation In Children - Causes, Prevention and Management

Article Overview: This article discusses about constipation problem in children but unfortunately unrecognized and neglected in most of them. It can be easily managed. But adequate follow up and adherence to the treatment is required.
Dr. Babu Lal Meena
Paediatrician

Constipation in children is a common disorder. About 10-30% of patients attending pediatric gastroenterology OPD (Out Patient Department) have the disorder of fecal elimination. As we know constipation is a well identified and easily noticebale disorder in adults. But it is not ...  Read Full »

Preventing Constipation Naturally

Article Overview: Constipation is often caused owing to a faulty diet, irregular lifestyle and also mental stress that is best avoided or prevented naturally.
Dr. Pritam Mohapatra
General Medicine Physician

Follow these steps and stay away from constipation: Eat a simple and natural plant based diet consisting mostly of whole grain cereals, leafy greens and fresh fruits/ dry fruits including mango, grapes, papaya, tomato, cucumber, pears, guava, gooseberry, fig, apple, raisins, etc. At the same time ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I have a burning sensation in anus after bowel movements for past one week. There is no blood discharge and poop was soft. I avoid eating spicy foods. The burning sensation lasts for hours.  Read Full »
Dr. Akant Kaushal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common cause of burning sensation in anus following stools will be the consumption of spicy food. Another cause can be constipation, which can cause fissures around the anus. If this is the condition, apply Diltiazem gel 2 % three to four times a day for se...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 53-year-old female. I had gestational diabetes and 11 years later my sugar levels were high so started taking Glycomet. However, the fasting sugar level in the morning is always high and PP is less than fasting. Recent HbA1c is 6.9. Do I have to continue medicine? I walk daily ...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to iclinq.com. Diabetes is not curable but controllable. The first line in the management of type 2 diabetes is lifestyle modifications. Fasting should not be higher than 110, postprandial should not be higher than 140, and HbA1c should not be higher than 7.5. My advice: Healthy di...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I have an anal fissure, internal hemorrhoid, SRUS, and constipation. One year ago, I was suffering from a hard stool that was difficult to pass. I went to a gastroenterologist, who did a colonoscopy and found that I had an anal fissure and internal hemorrhoid. He prescribed Sitcom Fo...  Read Full »
Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the files uploaded by you. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The endoscopy report you have shown does not show any evidence of SRUS (solitary rectal ulcer syndrome). All your symptoms can be attributed to underlying constipation. Har...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I have been suffering from bladder and lower back pain for about six months now. I have been to the doctor several times and each time the test was negative for infection. I used to get relief from symptoms once I take the antibiotics but the pain will recur. I do not ...  Read Full »
Dr. Gopinath
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you suspect the symptoms might be due to chronic prostatitis or a similar entity chronic prostatic pain syndrome. It needs a per rectal examination. Per rectal examination is not that painful as you suspect. Urine culture after a per rectal examination will turn to be ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am a dental student doing my internship. I am suffering from constipation from the past one week. I have a burning sensation in the anal region which I am unable to tolerate. Sometimes, there is severe itching and pain as well. I stay in the hostel. So, can you suggest me some tips...  Read Full »
Dr. Pritam Mohapatra
Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.I appreciate you seeking help. Well, constipation is the key feature in piles or fissures which exhibit similar symptoms. I recommend the following for relief: Streamline your diet and lifestyle: Focus on a balanced Mediterranean diet, with adequate intake of water and...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is getting varicose veins. It has just started. I just noticed these bulging veins today. I suspect the reason is chronic constipation and absence of hunger. Chronic pathogenic infection of GI tract may also be there. Flatulence and low energy levels are also present. What to...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These are indeed varicose veins (attachment removed to protect patient identity); we usually treat them when they cause pain, swelling or ulcers and getting infected. In that situation surgery is usually recommended depending upon how bad they have been. For your mother;...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I had my Skyla IUD placed before two and a half years. In the last two months, my period has stopped for about two to three days. Then, again returned after another three days. This month, I had my periods for two times with terrible constipation and lower back pain. Could the progestero...  Read Full »
Dr. Meenakshi Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. IUD (intrauterine device) does not cause constipation. But, back pain can occur, because of the bleeding patterns after placing IUD. You can take syrup M2 tone (Ashoka and Lodhra) two tablespoons thrice daily for one month. Take Ibuprofen 400 mg thrice a day for three d...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, My kid is 1 year old. Since the last three to four months, she has constipation issues. Her doctor prescribed her a medicine which worked for a while. But, now she again has it.  Read Full »
Dr. Amit Modi
Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Transient constipation in a 1 year old child improves with diet modification. Most of the medications used to treat constipation treat the acute phase and are for symptomatic relief. You should include more roughage in her diet like fruits and vegetables. Avoid giving...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Constipation? We have medical experts to help you right away.