Corneal Edema

Related Terms: Injury To Cornea, Redness In Eyes, Watering From Eyes, Contact Lens, Antibiotic Eye Drops, Artificial Tears, Corneal Abrasion

My vision gets hazy as the day progresses and it gets better again. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 67 year old male, with otherwise normal vision. For the past month, I would wake up with a clear vision, and then as the day progresses, it becomes hazy (not blurry). It then clears up again overnight. I do not have any other symptoms, everything seems to check out fine. Blinki...  Read Full »
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are suggestive of early Fuchs endothelial dystrophy. In this disease, endothelial cells decrease in the cornea leading to mild corneal edema. You can get specular microscopy done. I hope this will help you. Regards. For more information consult an eye car...  Read Full »

Why did I have blurred vision after sleeping with my contact lenses on?
Query: Hi doctor, Without remembering to take off my contacts, I slept with them on. It was only for three and a half hours. These are yearly lenses, so they are pretty thick. They are FDA approved but doctors normally do not recommend them. I woke up with my vision having a white haze. As the time goes b...  Read Full »
Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through what you have mentioned and feel that you do need an ophthalmologist appointment. The causes for such a foggy or hazy vision could be corneal edema. As you might already know the contact lenses do not permit good aeration of the cornea, this can c...  Read Full »

Why am I having blurred vision on fourth day of foreign body removal from cornea?
Query: Hello doctor, I recently went to an ophthalmologist to have a foreign body removed from my cornea. I have been applying the overnight cream and drops during the day but on day four, my vision appears to be more blurry. Is this a normal part of healing?  Read Full »
Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through what you have mentioned, new onset of blurring on the day four is not a thing we normally expect. It could be due to a variety of reasons, the most common being increased tearing in your eyes due to inflammation, and the most important being a pro...  Read Full »

I have vision problems after laser IOL implant. What to do?
Query: Hello doctor,After laser IOL implant I now have severe aniseikonia. Was it wrong diopter lense? Can it be undone? Very poor and triple vision. What to do?  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Vaswani
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I shall try to answer all your queries in detail. Aniseikonia occurs when the difference in refractive error is more than 4 or 5 diopters between two eyes. If you say you had laser-assisted cataract surgery which means a femto surgery, the size of incision would be...  Read Full »

Why is light spreading out on seeing bulb after wearing Toric lens?
Query: Hello doctor,My site vision is -4. I have been using contacts for the last six years. This time, I tried the Toric lens. After using them for a week, I noticed the light used to spread out when I see the bulb. Now today my one eyeball color is a bit faded from the top. Also, I have a migraine.  Read Full »
Dr. Zubair A Shaikh
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the information you have given, your vision prescription is -4. You have not specified whether it is a spherical, cylindrical, or a compound power. You are also using a Toric contact lens, for the first time. The reason for seeing light spreading can be due to a fa...  Read Full »

Age Related Cataract and its Management
Article Overview: This article discusses about senile cataract, which is the most common cause of preventable blindness. Most of us will have age related cataract in the old age. The only treatment we have is surgery; by which we can restore normal vision.  Read Article »
Dr. Anand
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Cataract is a decrease in transparency of the natural crystalline lens present in the eye. This lens, as in a camera, helps transmitted light to focus on the retina.  Causes of Cataract: Age related cataract is the most common type. Other causes of cataract can be: Congenital (for example ...  Read Article »

I have myopia -4 in power and I am not eligible for LASIK. Is this progressive?
Query: Hello doctor, I have myopia -4 in power and I am not eligible for LASIK. I am 25. Is this progressive? What long-term complications can be there as my cornea thickness is too low for LASIK surgery.  Read Full »
Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Even though your power of - 4 is well within the correctable range and your power has been stable for two years, your corneas were too thin on topography maps for surgery (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The doctors deferred surgery because, during ...  Read Full »

What Are the Alternatives to Wearing Glasses?
Article Overview: So, you have been told to wear glasses, but you do not want to wear them. What are the options available to you now? This article will try to give you an overview of the latest options you have. The discussion also includes hints and suggestions on how to choose the options that are best suited for each individual patient.  Read Article »
Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

So, you have been told to wear glasses, but you do not want to. What are the options available to you now? This article will try to give you an overview of the latest options you have now. The discussion also includes basic suggestions on how to choose the options that are best suited for each indiv ...  Read Article »

Disorders of the Cornea - a Brief Overview
Article Overview: The cornea is the dark transparent circular part of the front of our eyes. It is the only structure of our body that is transparent and is the main determinant of the crystal clear vision that we have come to expect from our eyes. Just like how the cornea is like a clear lens, enabling us to see the world around us, the cornea is also a boon to doctors who can visualize the internal structures of the eye and blood vessels by directly viewing through the cornea without even having to touch the patient. This article looks at the most common of such disorders and how as a common man, you can prevent such diseases.  Read Article »
Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

The cornea is the dark transparent circular part of the front of our eyes. It is the only structure of our body that is transparent and is the main determinant of the crystal clear vision that we have come to expect from our eyes. Just like how the cornea is like a clear lens, enabling us to see the ...  Read Article »

How to Relieve the Pain Caused by Corneal Abrasion?
Article Overview: This article discusses in detail the causes, precautionary measures, signs and symptoms, and treatment of corneal scratching.  Read Article »
Dr. Vidhi Hareshbhai Talati
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Scratched cornea of the human eye is also known as corneal abrasion. Cornea is a colored protective layer over iris and the pupil. Corneal layer is important for vision, filtration of harmful rays such as intense ultraviolet rays and protection. Corneal injury means injury of epithelial surface of e ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Corneal Edema? We have medical experts to help you right away.