Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever

Related Terms: Fever, Low Platelet Count, Dengue, Paracetamol, Viral Fever, Platelet Count, Aedes Mosquito

Dengue Fever - Causes, Symptoms, Treatment and Prevention
Article Overview: Dengue Fever - Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, Prevention  Read Article »
Dr. Aatm Prakash Gauraha
General Medicine Physician

Dengue fever is an infectious disease caused by dengue virus and is transmitted by Aedes mosquitoes. Symptoms appear in 4-12 days of infective mosquito bite. It can sometimes have lethal complications like hemorrhagic fever. It is more common in tropical areas like Asia. Causes:  It ...  Read Article »

What is the treatment for dengue fever?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from dengue fever. My consecutive platelet results are as follows. First day morning the platelet count was 85000 and the same evening it dropped to 64000. The next day it was 56000 in the morning and 62000 in the evening. Again now it dropped to 53000. What shall I do now?...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I assure you not to worry as all things may get settled with proper care and follow up.  Read Full »

What is the reason for fever along with skin rash and lip swelling?
Query: Hi doctor, My 2 year old baby is suffering from fever, skin rashes, cough and vomiting after meal. What is the problem? What shall I do now? Her lips have got swollen. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Deepak Patel
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. Fever with rash, vomiting and swelling of lips can occur in dengue fever and measles. I think that you should do complete blood count, CRP levels (C-reactive protein) and NS1 Antigen test (dengue). The child should be immedia...  Read Full »

After abortion, my wife is bleeding from anus. How to manage?
Query: Hi doctor, My wife was admitted to hospital due to incomplete abortion and dengue fever NS1 reactive. She had 6 weeks pregnancy. Doctor has done surgical abortion and it was found dengue fever after blood test. She was admitted for three days. Her initial platelet count was 150000 and later 180000, ...  Read Full »
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How reliable were those blood tests? If those were reliable, then there is no need to worry for bleeding from two sites. Otherwise, repeat it from a good place. Secondly, just start any birth control pill from today as it will lessen the bleeding. I suggest Laxit plus...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a solution for my son's continuous fever.
Query: Hi doctor, My son, who is 15 years old, is suffering from fever. He has constant 100 to 102 degrees Fahrenheit of fever with throat pain for the last 15 days. Blood tests indicate negative for malaria and typhoid.  We consulted an ENT specialist and he indicated tonsillitis. My son is taking Movac...  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would be helpful if you do a CBC (complete blood count) and CRP (C-reactive protein). From that we can understand the level of infection. Also, tonsillitis can also be so severe that it may last for up to 10 days. Betadine gargle three times a day with warm water fo...  Read Full »

How to improve the platelet count in dengue infection?
Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 8 years old. She has been suffering from fever for five days. Her fever is in the range of 99 to 102 degrees. When we visited a doctor, he asked for a blood test. The blood report shows that she is positive for dengue. The platelet count has dropped already to 52000 from 1,...  Read Full »
Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through the data you have posted. Low platelet count occurs in almost 70% of people with dengue fever. Normally, in case of disease the platelet count may go low for four to five days and then starts rising. Low platelet count (<100000) has risk of bl...  Read Full »

Can we identify dengue fever without lab tests?
Query: Hi, My son is a 5 year old boy. He had high fever two days back and the temperature touched 104.9. We have been giving Meftal and Paracetamol for the last two days with water bath to bring the fever down. We have also been giving Zifi 100 twice a day as prescribed by our physician. This has helped t...  Read Full »
Dr. Sarvendra Chandrama Singh
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Dengue needs a confirmation of laboratory diagnosis. Unless you do a laboratory test you cannot label any disease as dengue. Dengue is a form of viral illness which is frequently associated with thrombocytopenia. If at all it is dengue following danger signs need ...  Read Full »

Is low platelet a sign of dengue?
Query: Hi doctor, My father has nagging dry cough for about one month. Our physician has doubted it as allergic bronchitis and the x-ray also justifies the same. As per today, his platelet count is 125000. Is there anything to worry? Or is this a sign of dengue? Myself and my brother have just recovered f...  Read Full »
Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For dengue, the first and the foremost thing to be present is fever. Dengue is not diagnosed only on the basis of platelet count. Also, mild thrombocytopenia (low platelet) is common in older adults. All you have to check is the trend of platelet count ...  Read Full »

What can cause fever, body pain and rashes on the face?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 57 year old male. I was down with fever since yesterday. My fever is ranging between 101 to 103 degrees Fahrenheit. Along with fever, I have body ache and some rashes on my face. Yesterday, my platelet count was 1 lakh. Today, in CBC the platelets 1.25 lakhs, RBC 4.47 and lymphocy...  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. As you develop rash along with high fever, I would like to suggest you consult a physician as early as possible. There are many causes of fever with rash and low platelet counts like dengue ...  Read Full »

Does dengue cause menstruation-like bleeding?
Query: Hello doctor, My fiancee had a bleeding on the 25th of last month. It lasted for about four to five days. She then got dengue and on the 14th of this month, had mild spotting for a day and a half. The doctor said it could be the dengue causing the spotting. She has not gotten her periods yet. I ha...  Read Full »
Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If she had her period on the 25th of last month, then there is no chance that the bleeding on the 14th of this month was due to pregnancy. If it was due to pregnancy, then it should have come around the 25th of this month. But, if you suspect a pregnancy from be...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever? We have medical experts to help you right away.