Medical Advice on "Diarrhea"

I read your query and understand your concern about sugar levels. As you mentioned that you were diagnosed as having type 2 diabetes, could you specify for how long you have been having it? Please get your diabetes medications rechecked if you have not done so … View thread »

I read your query and understood your concern. Your symptoms are suggestive of indigestion and acute gastritis, which causes a constant discomfort or a burning sensation in your stomach. The duration of diarrhea can vary. Once the underlying cause is … View thread »

This looks like a case of acute gastroenteritis. A few other information will be helpful. Your age? How long have you been having these symptoms? Any vomiting? Any other pre-existing illness or medications? Did you eat anything from outside? Were you exposed to the sun … View thread »

It is obvious that you have a condition called gastroenteritis. It is usually caused by viral infections, but even bacterial ones and alimentary intoxications can cause it. You have low blood pressure due to liquid loss through diarrhea and vomiting. You can rehydrate … View thread »

By reading your query, it is clear that the baby is suffering from diarrhea due to dentition only. I would advise you to stop antibiotics as it is not necessary to the baby now. Please give him homeopathic medicine Chamomilla 30c potency only two drops in little water … View thread »

I read your query and can understand you are worried about your son's health. I have gone through your son's labs (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and found some important things there regarding his liver and lipid profile. He is having a bad lipid … View thread »

Try modifying the child's diet to home-based diet that includes cereals, pulses, vegetables, and fruits. Do not give products like biscuits, chips, and chocolates. You have already investigated for celiac. Now, you can get stool pH and fecal reducing substance tests … View thread »

Diarrhea, back pain, abdominal pain, and decreased appetite are most probably due to a colon cause, which could be an inflammatory bowel disease or diverticulosis. If these episodes keep coming, your mom will need a colonoscopy to confirm the diagnosis. As for the … View thread »

Causes of diarrhea and poor nutrition at this age might be due to Coeliac disease (an autoimmune disorder), worm infestation, IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease). Advice: Give him syrup Nitazoxanide 200mg twice a day for 5 days. Give syrup preparation of iron-folic acid … View thread »

During diarrhea, there is an increased loss of water and electrolytes (sodium, chloride, potassium and bicarbonate) in the liquid stool, also through vomit, sweat, urine and breathing. Dehydration occurs when these losses are not replaced adequately. It is the … View thread »

Do you have a question on Diarrhea? We have experts to help you right away.