Ear Blockage

Related Terms: Eustachian Tube Blockage, Steam Inhalation, Decongestant, Ear Diseases, Ear Wax, Ear Pain, Middle Ear Infection

Ear Blockage - Causes and Diagnosis
Article Overview: Blockade of ear can be very disturbing. Read on to see its causes and treatments.  Read Article »
Dr. A.k.srivastava

Blockade of ear is a very common complaint. Since it’s onset is always sudden patients feel very uncomfortable. In resting phase our ear keeps on sending sound impulses to the brain and in this way everyone remains aware of the surrounding atmosphere. Any situation which decreases the mobility ...  Read Article »

What can cause ear blockage?
Query: Hi doctor, My right ear has been blocked a few days ago. Whenever I tried to laugh, smile or wink, the jaw line muscles went up and it pushes to block the right ear hearing. Doctor told me that it is partially ear wax blockage. But, I do not think so. I did try to put olive oil. And also I did not s...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the details you have given in your query it seems to me that it is indeed wax only. As it pushes against the eardrum and further increases the block when you smile, laugh or wink, it is more likely impacted wax than anything else. However, one can be...  Read Full »

Can you suggest some medicine for ear blockage?
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from a left ear blockage, and it happens to me many times. Blockages get open when I move my jaw. I am suffering from this issue for the past two to three years, but not regularly. Commonly, I used to get it after swimming and due to cold. I am not taking any medicine ri...  Read Full »
Dr. Kumar M

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need a proper evaluation with audiogram and impedance to prevent recurrence. I suggest you tablet Allercet L (Levocetirizine) one at night with Nasivion nasal drops two drops twice daily for five days. Please review with reports. Revert with reports to an ENT otolary...  Read Full »

I have white rashes on my throat and also fever and throat pain. Please advice.
Query: Hi doctor, My throat is showing white rashes all over. I do not know what that is. Now, I have fever and throat pain also. The ear is closing and opening sometimes. I consulted a doctor earlier. She prescribed me Metorda 500 antibiotics for bacterial infection.  Read Full »
Dr. Subhadeep Karanjai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are fever, throat pain, and ear blockage. Your clinical findings according to you are white rashes all over the throat. The two most probable causes in your case seem to be: Bacterial infection (streptococcal sore throat). Viral infection (common c...  Read Full »

How can the ringing in my ears be treated?
Query: Hello doctor, I have had ringing in my ears for two or three months. My doctor said it was an ear infection in both ears. I had two courses of Augmentin, but it did not improve. I had to change my doctor for some reason. The new doctor gave me Soframycin ear drops but when I went back to her for fo...  Read Full »
Dr. Vinay S Bhat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be suffering from tinnitus which is nothing but a ringing sensation in the ears. There are various causes for tinnitus and the most common among them are a sensorineural hearing loss, Eustachian tube dysfunction, otosclerosis, ossicular discontinuity wher...  Read Full »

Will tinnitus go away on its own?
Query: Hello doctor, Two months ago, I developed tinnitus which is not yet corrected. At that time, I had water trapped in my right ear but now my ear blockage problem is resolved but my tinnitus problem is not resolved. After this, I went to an ENT and he told me I have a swelling in my left ear. Now he ...  Read Full »
Dr. Baidya Nath Majhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, do not worry and do not go to some conclusion after an internet search. Now coming to your problem, Tinnitus is not a disease in itself but a mere symptom that is associated with varying number of diseases. By definition, it is a sound perceived for mo...  Read Full »

Otomycosis/ Ear Fungus
Article Overview: Fungal infection of the ear called Otomycosis is a common condition that affecting the ear  Read Article »
Dr. Vaishali Mehta

Ear Fungus Ear fungus is caused by the fungus Aspergillus/ Candida. This condition is called Otomycosis. More commonly it is seen in tropical countries and hot and humid environment. The person with ear fungus will commonly present with a Ear Blockage, Ear Pain, Itching of the Ear and a Watery ear ...  Read Article »

There is no improvement with tinnitus post surgery. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33 year old male. Two years back I had severe running nose and could not breathe through nose, especially during the night. Then, I was diagnosed with antrochoanal polyp in my right nose. After taking medications I no longer felt cold and running nose. However, my right nostril...  Read Full »
Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The nasal blockage did not cause tinnitus and hence, it is not relieved. The FESS surgery (functional endoscopic sinus surgery) you had was for nasal blockage and its consequences of auditory tube blockage and middle ear fluid retention. Now after surgery, your nose i...  Read Full »

How to get quick relief from cold and nasal congestion?
Query: Hi doctor,My mother is a diabetic and also hypertension patient. She is 66 years old. She is on regular diabetes and anti-hypertensive medicine. Now, she has severe cold, nasal congestion and ear congestion. Which medicine can be taken? Will Cetirizine be effective?  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your concern. I suggest tablet Allegra 180 mg (Fexofenadine) twice daily for five days. One tablet is to be taken in the morning and one at night after meals. Consult her doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medici...  Read Full »

Ear Wax Blockage: Symptoms and Treatment
Article Overview: Ear wax is a very common cause of impaired hearing. It is commonly treated with a procedure called syringing.  Read Article »
Dr. Vaishali Mehta

Ear wax is a common problem seen in many people. Ear wax is a secretion of the glands present in your ear. Normally, only small amounts of wax are formed which gets expelled with the movements of the jaw. Some people form more wax which gets collected in the ear and causes problems. Who Tends to Fo ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Ear Blockage? We have medical experts to help you right away.