Flaky Skin

Related Terms: Dry Skin, Levocetirizine, Flaky Scalp, Ketoconazole, Moisturizer, Fungal Infection, Seborrheic Dermatitis

How to cure dry and flaky skin?
Query: Hi doctor, My hands are dry and flaky. How to cure it?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.I have read your concern and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).Though your given picture is not that much clear, I can make out ichthyosis in your forearm (genetic skin disorder - dry and scaly skin).I suggest you use Moisturex soft loti...  Read Full »

Which acne cream is causing dry, flaky skin around eyes and burns on cheek?
Query: Hi doctor,Recently I have been prescribed Tretinoin 0.25 cream and Benzaclin gel for my mild acne but ever since I started I have been getting dry and flaky skin around my eyes and mouth and burns on my cheek. Which cream is causing this? And how do I continue using them, if so?  Read Full »
Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case. Actually, it is a very common side effect of Tretinoin cream and sometimes Bezclin (Clindamycin and Benzoyl peroxide) also cause it. My opinion is to stop both medicines for a week. If you have severe burning use Hydrocortisone cream onl...  Read Full »

Can Cotaryl cream be used to cure dry and flaky skin (Ichthyosis)?
Query: Hi Doctor, I am suffering a disease called Ichthyosis. It is genetically causing dry skin problem and fish like scales. Kindly help me with a solution for this.  Read Full »
Dr. Kalpana Pathak

Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us.Ichthyosis as you rightly mentioned is a genetic condition leading to excessively dry and flaky skin. There is no cure for this condition, but it can be controlled by using right medications and thus bringing the normal texture back. For the same, follow these suggesti...  Read Full »

Area between thigh and abdomen is dark. Please suggest a remedy.
Query: Hello doctor, The joint area between my thigh and abdomen has become darker than the normal skin tone. The skin texture has also changed and itches a lot. When I scratch in the dry condition, flake-like particles come out of it. I am not sure whether it is a fungal infection or something else. It i...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thigh folds and armpits are usually little dark compared to normal skin tone. This is because of constant friction, sweating, and hormonal influence. If you are really worried about skin tone in that area there are few medications which can help like Kojic acid cream...  Read Full »

Is it possible to control sebopsoriasis?
Query: Hi doctor, I have flaky skin on my scalp. My doctor told me it is sebopsoriasis. The flaking is limited to the scalp, and my doctor has prescribed Folitrax 5 mg and Aprezo 30 mg. I am having this problem for about four to five years. I am able to control flaking in the scalp by washing with shampoo...  Read Full »
Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the query. Yes, it can be controlled with medications. But, unfortunately, you may experience frequent exacerbations due to stress or steroids or specific medicine or due to a sore throat. Mix one part of Betamethasone lotion with two part of an oliv...  Read Full »

How can I get treated for red and itchy skin around anus and vulva?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a really embarrassing problem. The skin around my vulva and anus is red and it keeps cracking or bleeding. The skin around my anus is also flaky and yellow in some places. It is itchy and is causing me serious embarrassment. It has started affecting me psychologically as it has bee...  Read Full »
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail and viewed the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and do understand your concern. There is no significant erythema or discoloration appreciable in the attached picture, so that is a good indicator.  Read Full »

What is the treatment for pus filled acne?
Query: Hello doctor, I am having acne on my cheeks for the past one month. I have red and pus filled acne. Redness is more in the cheeks area. I used Clindamycin gel and the pimple size reduced. But, pimples did not go away and also spreading nearby. I have used Benzoyl peroxide too, but no improvement. I ...  Read Full »
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail and viewed the attached pictures (attachments removed to protect patient identity) and do understand your concern.  Read Full »

Superficial Fungal Infections
Article Overview: Fungal infections of the skin and mucosal surfaces are very common. There are various types of fungi that affect different areas of the body causing distinct symptoms. Most mild to moderate cases can be treated with topical antifungals whereas severe cases require oral antifungal medications.  Read Article »
Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Fungal infections of the skin are a very common occurrence in people of all ages, from babies to adults and the elderly, in healthy as well as immunocompromised individuals. There are various types of fungi and each causes distinct features, depending on the site of infection. Some common types of ...  Read Article »

The head of my penis is red. Is this an STD?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old male. The head of my penis is red and I have been using Hydrocortisone cream 2.5 % to treat the redness. It seems to make it go away temporarily but it keeps coming back. I do have psoriasis on my elbows and the butterfly on my nose and under my eyes. I also have ro...  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the clinical images you uploaded (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please describe the symptoms in detail. Is there a burning sensation, pain, or itching? Is it increasing in size? Is any other family member affected? Looking forward to y...  Read Full »

Scaly or Flaky Scalp
Article Overview: I have discussed the common causes of scaly or flaky scalp and their management.  Read Article »

Scaly scalp or flaky scalp is raised, tiny flakes of skin in the scalp. The common causes of scaly scalp are cradle cap, dandruff, seborrheic dermatitis and psoriasis. 1. Cradle Cap: Cradle cap is also known as infantile pityriasis or Infantile seborrheic dermatitis. This condition is common withi ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Flaky Skin? We have medical experts to help you right away.