Foods To Gain Weight

Related Terms: Exercises, Reduce Weight, Pantoprazole, High Fibre Diet, Obesity, Gastritis, Protein Rich Diet, Vitamin D Deficiency

Please suggest some food to gain weight.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old male. My height is 5'11" and weight is 58.5 kg. I would like to gain body weight. I am have a problem of pimples with pus on face for the past four years. I had never taken any artificial mass gainer or protein. I am a pure vegetarian. My lipid profile result is as f...  Read Full »
Dr. Swapan Banerjee
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I can advise you to take more fiber rich foods so that bowels stay clear without any constipation. Plenty of vegetables like gourds and more of mix vegetables. Two to four types of fruits mainly banana, guava and berries. You have oily skin so a...  Read Full »

How can weight be increased in a 23-year-old male?
Query: Hello doctor,I am 23 years old male and I am a student. My height is 166 cm and weight 49 kg. Over the past five years, my weight has not increased. I feel very weak and lean. Now, what should I do?  Read Full »
Dr. Koushik Mukherjee

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Take more carbohydrate-rich food to gain weight. You can eat more rice to increase your weight. Some diseases can cause hypermetabolic state like hyperthyroidism. So, get a thyroid status done. Also, anxiety and tension about being fatty sometimes restrain you from t...  Read Full »

I am 5 feet tall with underweight 40 kg. How can I gain weight?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23-year-old male and am just 5 feet tall with underweight (40 kg) and till now I did not consult any doctor. So, kindly assist me to gain weight.  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. To gain weight in a healthy way, you need to build muscle; I advise you to indulge in regular physical activity and a healthy diet pattern. For a healthy diet, do not start eating oily food or junk food to gain weight, because that would only lead to a gain in fat a...  Read Full »

I am going on losing weight after shifting to hostel. Shall I take some supplement?
Query: Hi doctor, I am doing my college first year now and living in a hostel. While in my home, my health was good and I had even joined a gym for bodybuilding. After going to hostel, I only ate food given in the mess and sometimes, snacks from outside. After two months, I returned home and everyone was s...  Read Full »
Dr. Shakti Mishra
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry about your health because this happens to every student who stay in hostels. First of all, do not skip any meal in a day. Have bananas in your room, so that you do not keep yourself fasting for long. You can have small packets of health drink, which you can...  Read Full »

Please suggest some steps to increase my weight.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 16-year-old male. I want to gain weight. Please suggest.  Read Full »
Dr. Priyanka Zade
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can take four to five soaked almonds daily in the early morning and take a banana shake in the midmorning. Try to include a whole milk curd in your lunch. Do regular exercise to build your muscle.  Read Full »

How to gain weight and overcome weakness?
Query: Hello doctor,My wife is 48 years, height 156. Her weight range is 40 to 42 kg since her age of 20 years. She wants to gain weight. How to gain? She sometimes feels weakness.  Read Full »
Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, I can understand that weight gain can be difficult for some people - but surely it is possible. Your wife needs to add at least 6 to 7 kg weight. You need to eat the food that you like as this will help you eat more than usual. So, you need to take the kind of ...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest an appetite enhancer to gain weight.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old male. My height is 5'8" and weight is 53 kg. I want to gain weight. I do not feel hungry. I want to increase my appetite so that I can eat more. I also do not eat junk foods. I have always been underweight. I used a syrup to increase appetite when I was 14. But, I did ...  Read Full »
Dr. Shakti Mishra
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.There are food items which can act as appetizers instead of any syrup. But, if you find that syrup, then you can have it.Have tomato soups every day at 12 noon before lunch. Have carrot and cucumber salad in the evening or mid noon every day.Take a bowl of yogurt daily du...  Read Full »

Can you suggest some food to help my son gain weight?
Query: Hi doctor, My son is 16 months old. He was 2.48 kg during birth. Now, he is 9.2 kg. He is taking three to four meals per day. He is also given Enfamil formula milk. But, his weight gaining is very slow. My local pediatrician has prescribed Lysiplex suspension for two months and Calcium suspension fo...  Read Full »
Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a common complaint to pediatricians from almost 90% of mothers that the child is not gaining weight appropriately. It looks like your child's weight is fine when considering his birth weight. Infants triple their birth weight as they complete their first year of li...  Read Full »

Nutritional Management Of Underweight Kids
Article Overview: Do you have a kid who is a fussy eater or hates eating food and is severely underweight? If so, your child can actually suffer from many nutrient deficiencies leading to weak bones and impaired physical development as well as mental development. At this point of time, it becomes very necessary to feed your child energy-dense foods necessary for the overall development of your child so that your child does not suffer from iron deficiency anemia or bone problems in the future. Giving your child energy-dense foods does not mean that you can give your child foods rich in sugar and bad fats like burgers and pizzas, but do provide your child with essential fats instead.  Read Article »
Dr. Krystel Quadros
Paediatrician

Following are certain ways in which you can nutritionally manage underweight kids. Having a Healthy and Balanced Diet Just because your child is underweight, it does not mean that you give him junk food as junk food does not contain nutrients as compared to a healthy and a balanced diet. Rather th ...  Read Article »

My wife has not been able to gain weight. What type of foods can help her?
Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 24 years old. She is 5 feet and 3 inches in height and weighs 42 kg. Since our marriage, her weight has not increased. It is almost static. We are vegetarians. I have a 2-year-old baby born via C-section. She has not been able to gain weight. Kindly suggest anything to rec...  Read Full »
Dr. Sonali Arvind Bhanushali
Dietician, Fitness Expert

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the height of your wife, the ideal weight should be between 62 to 65 kg. So, yes she needs to gain some healthy weight. There are many factors that affect the individual weight and height. For example, the age, gender, lifestyle, diet, and genetic factors.  ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Foods To Gain Weight? We have medical experts to help you right away.