Friction Blister

Related Terms: Herpes, Clotrimazole, Amoxicillin, Clavulanic Acid, Masturbation, Mupirocin, Fungal Infection

What to do for friction blisters?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a mailman and I walk all day. About a month ago, I started developing these white blisters on my scrotum. It just feels like a rash. On my rest days, they disappear. But, once I am back to work and walking in the heat, they return. They appear in two spots on my sack. These are the s...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern and examined your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a kind of frictional folliculitis only and nothing to worry. It is not a herpes. You just take precautions for not to walk too much in hot environment. I s...  Read Full »

What can I do for scrotal bumps that occur after walking a lot?
Query: Hi doctor, I have these white bumps on my scrotum. They are pretty much like pimples with pus in them. They only show up on warm days and when I walk a lot throughout the day. I am using Calamine lotion at night and in a day they completely go away. They do not hurt, but it just feels like a rash. I...  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a case of friction blister with superimposed fungal infection especially candidal. Sweating and friction lead to maceration, which is responsible for this disease. Instead of Calamine, I suggest Clotrimazole powder two to three times daily. It will not only acts ag...  Read Full »

Had blisters due to rough masturbation. How would they heal?
Query: Hi doctor, Yesterday night I did some rough masturbation. As a result two blisters appeared today at my penis. I have attached the picture. There is no itching and everything is normal except these blisters. How would they heal? Do I have to apply anything on them? Kindly guide.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is it the first time you are having this? Do you have any pain or burning sensation? Is there any relationship with masturbation such as roughly handled glans? Revert back with the answers to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermat...  Read Full »

Bumps on penis after excessive masturbation and sex
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old male, who is in good health. So, here is the story. It first started two weeks ago. My girlfriend thought it would be fun to remove my pubic hair one night. She started the waxing process, but after the first removal strips had been off, I decided I was never going t...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. First of all, I would like to tell you that you only have small bumps over the shaft of the penis. There is no discharge, redness, itching or tingling. Most of STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) results in discharge, mild fever, and ...  Read Full »

What is the red bump on the part of foreskin?
Query: Hello doctor, I recently had one red bump show up on the part of the foreskin. I have not been sexually active for awhile, it does not hurt or bother me. I recently talked to a doctor and he said it was a frictional bump caused by excessive masturbation and it was not herpes or wart. Kindly help.  Read Full »
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is difficult to say without looking at the lesions. Please send some clear photos of the affected area for better evaluation and guidance. For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

I have pain and blisters in the big toe whenever I wear shoes. Please guide me.
Query: Hello doctor, I have had this ongoing pain in the toe of my right foot since some time now. If I wear shoes for a long duration, then invariably small blisters develop. Recently, pus had collected after a four-hour journey wearing shoes and as soon as I plucked the skin tip which I generally keep do...  Read Full »
Dr. Rashmi Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and went through your images (attachment removed to protect patient identity).  There could be two possibilities in your case: Your shoes have been ill-fitting and have caused trauma because of which you have repeated infection and pain due to pressu...  Read Full »

My vaginal lip was red and swollen. Would that have been from friction?
Query: Hi doctor, My doctor gave me antibiotic for bacterial vaginosis. I just finished the last pill before three days. Then, I was a bit irritated down there. Now, I have my period. So, I had dry humping with pants on. Shortly after, my vagina was irritated and I checked it out. One side of my lip was ...  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome back to icliniq.com. Yes, the reason could be friction. Also, you also have an infection and that may have caused this. Please get yourself checked with a gynecologist internally. Avoid having sex till then. Wear cotton panties and loose lowers. Maintain personal hygiene and take plenty...  Read Full »

What could a single small red bump on the penis be due to?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old male who is sexually active. I seem to have developed a single small red bump on the head of my penis right after having sex. I have had a yeast infection on my penis head before. So, I assumed it was that again after having prolonged sex. I did not use a condom ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The bump does not appear to be of herpes. This is a small papule-like lesion. But, there is no discharge or pain in your case. I do not think this is related to herpes though the pictures were not very clear. Herpes usually causes painful blisters or papular lesions th...  Read Full »

I have some skin infection on my penis. What is it?
Query: Hi doctor, In the past one month, I am noticing some skin infection on my penis skin when I pull it down. Should I see a skin specialist or sexual disease specialist?  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Skin specialist and STD specialist (sexually transmitted disease) are the same. So, you go to skin specialist only. If you can upload photos and explain the problem. Revert back with the photos to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-onlin...  Read Full »

What shall I do for allergy on the head of the penis?
Query: Hi doctor, I have some kind of allergy on the head of my penis. Please tell me how to resolve it and which doctor should I consult. My age is 25. I did not consult any doctor before this. I do catch a cold in a month or two and I skip my diet many days. I saw this allergy a month ago when my girlfri...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears that either you have contact dermatitis or balanitis (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Sometimes, condoms are the source of contact allergy or if you have used soap or lotions or any other agent for masturbation. Did you use anything? Also, f...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Friction Blister? We have medical experts to help you right away.