Middle Ear Infection

Related Terms: Ear Infection, Ear Diseases, Ear Pain, Otitis Media, Steam Inhalation, Ear Blockage, Eustachian Tube Blockage

How long will it take for a middle ear infection to get cured?
Query: Hi doctor, My 3 years and 8 month old kid has a middle ear infection from the past ten days. The doctor prescribed an antibiotic, but it is not cured. How long can I wait for it to get cured?  Read Full »
Dr. Fazil Shajahan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the reports you have uploaded (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems that your child has an acute middle ear infection which is very common in kids until the age of six years. It usually happens following a cold or upper respiratory tract infec...  Read Full »

I feel pressure inside my ear. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old female and 160 pounds and at a height of 5’6". I have been having a problem with my left ear. I woke up one morning and felt that it was clogged and made the mistake of using a Q-tip which resulted in my being unable to pop my ear. That was over a week ago. I ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Possibilities are impacted wax, ear canal infection, middle ear infection, eustachian tube catarrh. Unless one sees inside the ear using an otoscope or endoscope it is difficult to diagnose. However, a course of antibiotic with decongestant and keeping ears dry till you...  Read Full »

What is the cause of ear pain with cold and cough?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old male, and I have pain in the ear from today afternoon. I do not have any liquid discharge from the ear, but the pain is increasing with passing time. At night, the pain is very intense.I can hear all voices clearly, but my ear is paining a lot. I do not understand the r...  Read Full »
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal
Audiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your ear pain is probably due to a middle ear infection with Eustachian tube blockage. Did you suffer from any nasal congestion or throat infection in the recent past? I suggest taking Paracetamol for pain and follow-up with the required information, so that I can sugg...  Read Full »

What should be done if there is viscous fluid discharge from ears?
Query: Dear doctor, I am a 19 year old male. Some type of viscous liquid comes out of my ears and when it dries up, it hardens. Please help me.  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Viscous fluid coming out of ears indicates a middle ear infection. It has to be attended to immediately to avoid damage to the ear. I request you to meet an ENT specialist at the earliest to prevent further damage. In the meantime, you can take tablet Levocetirizine 1...  Read Full »

What causes fever and blocked ears with cough?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a fever with a cough. I have blocked ear. What can I do?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having upper respiratory tract infection. You can have associated middle ear infection because of the presence of ear pain. You can take Levocetirizine for five days. For fever and pain relief, you can take Paracetamol 500 mg. Steam inhalation can be done three ...  Read Full »

What is causing recurrent pain behind my ear lobes?
Query: Hello doctor, For almost a week now I have had recurring random pain just behind both of my ear lobes. It has been almost three weeks since I stopped Lyrica, Pregabalin completely for back pain. For the last week I have been experiencing something different which can be best described as random pre...  Read Full »
Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain may be due to mastoiditis seen in chronic allergy or middle ear infection or eustachian tube block patients. Get it done CT brain or X-ray of the mastoid. Avoid cool drinks and freeze water. Use water vapor inhalation and salt water gargling thrice a day for fiv...  Read Full »

I have ear pain when I open my mouth. What might help?
Query: Hello doctor, I am not fat, but my body gets really warm sometimes especially when I sleep, which makes me uncomfortable. So, what might be the reason?Secondly, I get pain near my left ear when I open my mouth. Three weeks ago, the pain went after four days (it started and ended when I woke up afte...  Read Full »
Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are you suffering from an allergy? If the ear pain is arising during the opening of the mouth at ear area it may be arising from temporomandibular joint. Middle ear infection or eustachian tube block may also give rise to pain in the ear. But in your history, you di...  Read Full »

How can the ringing in my ears be treated?
Query: Hello doctor, I have had ringing in my ears for two or three months. My doctor said it was an ear infection in both ears. I had two courses of Augmentin, but it did not improve. I had to change my doctor for some reason. The new doctor gave me Soframycin ear drops but when I went back to her for fo...  Read Full »
Dr. Vinay S Bhat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be suffering from tinnitus which is nothing but a ringing sensation in the ears. There are various causes for tinnitus and the most common among them are a sensorineural hearing loss, Eustachian tube dysfunction, otosclerosis, ossicular discontinuity wher...  Read Full »

Does my MRI show any evidence of mastoiditis, meningitis or subdural empyema?
Query: Hello doctor,My symptoms are extreme nausea, headache (mainly right posterior), and very stiff neck. I started with a severe middle ear infection on the right side. Does my MRI show any evidence of mastoiditis, meningitis or a subdural empyema?  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your MRI scan images are available and I have viewed it (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is a mild bright abnormal signal intensity in the right mastoid area and the left side is clear. Abnormal signal in mastoiditis means brighter on T2 and contr...  Read Full »

I used hydrogen peroxide for my clogged ears and now it is stuck. Please advise.
Query: Hello doctor, I woke up five days ago with clogging in my ears. Stupidly, I went with one of the first solutions I found online and poured hydrogen peroxide in my ear. It is now stuck in my ear canal and I cannot get it out. I have tried Swim-ear drops, ear candle, wax removal kit and shaking my hea...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How sure are you it is wax that caused the blocked ears? If you are absolutely sure, you can put the wax dissolving drops and, it will act on the wax, temporarily swell it and then dissolve it. Or, it will make the wax soft enough for easy removal by a doctor using...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Middle Ear Infection? We have medical experts to help you right away.