Painless Swellings

Related Terms: Breast Lump, Biopsy, Breast Cancer, Chronic Tonsillitis, Diagnosis Of Lipoma, Fnac, Lipomas

What is the swelling present inside the lips without pain?
Query: Hi doctor, My mother has a swelling inside her lips. It is not painful, and it is not getting healed. She consulted a doctor. The doctor told that the swelling had occurred due to an allergic reaction. Is it cancer? Please suggest.  Read Full »
Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Every swelling is not cancer. It can be a fibroma. It occurs due to trauma or biting lips. The second one is a mucocele. It is a swelling of sebaceous glands. It also occurs due to injury or biting. Both are non-cancerous. Please send a picture of it. So that, I can gui...  Read Full »

What can cause painless swelling in a baby's tibia bone?
Query: Hi doctor, My 8 month old baby boy has swelling in tibia bone. He does not have any pain or irritation over the swelling. He started standing by his 6 months onwards. What is the reason for this swelling?  Read Full »
Dr. Chirag Ashok Berry

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like your child has a painless bump on the tibia or leg. Can you describe where exactly you see this swelling or bump, either upper, mid or lower tibia? Has this been evaluated by a doctor with x-rays? There can be numerous causes for such a swelling. My most co...  Read Full »

How to treat the painless swelling in vagina?
Query: Hi doctor, I have one-sided swelling near labia majora since one month. I am an unmarried 26 year old female. There is no pain or discharge. I tried warm compress and Candifem ointment for seven days, but there is no much improvement. I have attached photos for your reference.  Read Full »
Dr. Shalaka Joshi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and your history, this seems to be a Bartholin's cyst. It is swelling of the Bartholin gland situated in the labia majora. It is a benign condition. Though at present it is not painful, it might g...  Read Full »

Is there any cure for lipoma?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a lipoma in my arm. Is there any cure?  Read Full »
Dr. Yelamanchili Alekhya

Answer: HelIo, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and understood your concerns. Lipomas are painless swellings. For lipoma, the best treatment is surgical excision and as it is not a big surgery you can go for it. Consult a general surgeon online regarding the surgical removal of the swe...  Read Full »

I have a lump in my sternum. What can it be?
Query: Hello doctor,I have a lump on my sternum. It is not big and not painful, also not hard. I just did chest X-ray and I believe it does not show anything. What can it be? Also, my blood work is normal except high uric acid level.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your X-ray is fine (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and no lump is visible on the X-ray. The first possibility and common cause is a lipoma. If possible, you may upload a picture of the lump. Also, let me know, whether it is just below the skin or at...  Read Full »

Do stings, breast lump, bruise and hair fall predict any sort of cancer?
Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old girl. I am feeling stings in my upper body for quite some time. The stings are sometimes in my chest and sometimes in my lower abdomen. They last for nearly 40 seconds, but are occasional. And there is a lump in my right breast. It is a solid lump and it does not ca...  Read Full »
Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First calm down and be relaxed. By stings I understand sting like sensation that lasts for 40 seconds. I need more details on that. Do they occur more when you are tensed? Because, it is rare. Second problem you said was that you have a lump in the breast, which is solid ...  Read Full »

What are the signs of throat cancer?
Query: Hello doctor,I have swollen tonsils from about a month. I have been taking antibiotics but, they are not getting better. I have a slight pain in the throat. I sometimes have a dull ear pain. Is it a sign of tonsil or throat cancer?  Read Full »
Dr. Deepthi Maringanti

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problem of pain in the throat can be because of tonsillar infection called tonsillitis. Taking only antibiotics will not help. Tonsillitis can be of two types depending on the severity of the infecting agent. The first type is acute tonsillitis where it presents...  Read Full »

Evaluation of Breast Problems That Women Can Do at Home
Article Overview: This is a patient information article about common breast diseases and how to evaluate it.  Read Article »
Dr. Rashi Verma

For females, an easy way to assess their breast problems is the need of the hour. A female should do a simple checkup at home. If they notice any change then they should bring it to the doctor's attention immediately. Symptoms: Majority of women who come to the surgical outpatient department compl ...  Read Article »

Why do I feel pressure and mobility in teeth with swelling?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old, 120 pounds, 5'7", teeth are not good. I do not have pain but have pressure and I feel like all my teeth move a little, not much. There is a swelling on one whole tooth, no pain though. What is going on? I went to my dentist today and he gave me antibiotics for swell...  Read Full »
Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question and I can understand your concern. As per your history, signs, and symptoms, it seems to me that you might have apical periodontitis in the swollen single tooth. You need to take antibiotics as directed by your dentist. Pressure is als...  Read Full »

There is a swelling at the site of wisdom tooth removal. Is it normal?
Query: Hello doctor, I just had my wisdom tooth removal surgery 10 days back. The surgery was on the lower right side as my wisdom tooth was impacted and was inside the bone. Hence, I had to remove it as there was some TMJ discomfort. My recovery is going fine there is no numbness and I just want to take ...  Read Full »
Dr. Himayoon Majeed Mir
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have been through your query and I can understand your concern. Post-extraction swelling is normal as the tissues require a conducive environment for healing. Normally, an extraction site shows almost complete healing after 21 days provided you do not have any neg...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Painless Swellings? We have medical experts to help you right away.