Patient Education

Related Terms: Diabetes, Weight Reduction, Hypertension, Anxiety, Depression, Exercises, Reduce Weight, Lifestyle Modification

Tailbone Pain (Coccydynia)
Article Overview: This article is a simple patient education material on tailbone pain, its causes, symptoms, ways to avoid it, and cure.  Read Article »
Dr. Mohan Krishna

Pain in the tailbone can frustrate, irritate, and embarrass many patients while getting the treatment. This condition can be cured and is preventable if proper care is taken. Any irritation (inflammation) of the bony area (tailbone) situated between the folds of the buttocks is referred to as cocc ...  Read Article »

Please explain how the best Insulin treatment is selected for a diabetic patient.
Query: Hi doctor, I have few questions which I would like to ask a professional. As I am not able to find the answers by myself, I would love to hear from a practicing professional. How is the best Insulin treatment (syringe, pen, pump and pod) selected for a type 1 diabetes patient? Generally, how long ...  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Rather than the best way, we consider more convenient and economical ways for the patient. The best is always an Insulin pump, but it is costly and requires continued patient education. Injecting Insulin into the same site will cause damage to the fat tissue which resu...  Read Full »

Yoga Poses To Manage Diabetes
Article Overview: Diabetes, a life style disorder, is affecting 6.4% population of the world. Not only the developed countries, but also the developing countries are significantly affected by it. There are various treatment approaches for managing diabetes which has been successful to certain extent. But still, prevalence of this disease is increasing and age of onset of disease is found to be decreasing. This is going to affect world's health and economy badly. Yoga, a traditional science from India, has proved its efficacy in various researches done so far. This article focuses on the role of yoga for diabetics.  Read Article »
Dr. Vinod Kumar
Yoga Specialist

Diabetes mellitus is a life style associated disorder which is characterized by increased levels of blood sugar. Diagnosis of diabetes is not a temporary phenomenon but an event which affects an individual for the rest of life. Population of type 2 diabetes mellitus is on rise continuously. In 2010, ...  Read Article »

Factors influencing Sexually Transmitted Diseases and its Prevention Strategies
Article Overview: Sexually transmitted diseases are a group of communicable diseases that are transmitted predominantly through sexual contact. This article discusses about the consequences, risk factors and prevention of STDs.  Read Article »

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Sexually transmitted diseases are a group of communicable diseases that are transmitted predominantly through sexual contact. The sexually transmitted diseases are caused by bacteria, chlamydia and virus. STDs caused by bacteria include syphilis, chancroid, granuloma i ...  Read Article »

Is lichen sclerosus a contagious disease?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been diagnosed with lichen sclerosus around my vulva a few months ago through biopsy. I am regularly using Dermol 500 lotion instead of soap to wash the area and applying Dermovate cream. However, I have developed a cut in the skin at the back of my vagina, which is not healing now...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns. Thanks for taking time to upload latest pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) of the lesions on both partner's genitalia.  Read Full »

Palliative Care in Heart Failure
Article Overview: Palliative care for end-stage heart failure relieves symptoms, improves patient satisfaction and decreases the care costs. But, only a small fraction of end-stage heart failure patients receive palliative care consultation.  Read Article »
Dr. Karim Hnid

Heart failure is a condition, which has a set of symptoms where the heart cannot provide the blood flow necessary for the needs of the body. Heart failure usually develops slowly after a heart damage caused by a heart attack or excessive heart fatigue after years of untreated hypertension or valvulo ...  Read Article »

Prevention and Management of Diabetes
Article Overview: Prevalence of diabetes is increasing rapidly throughout the world. According to WHO, in 2012, an estimated 1.5 million deaths were directly caused by diabetes. This article discusses the prevention and management of diabetes with lifestyle changes.  Read Article »
Dr. Sushil Patel
Diabetologist

Diabetes is slow in onset and is an iceberg disease. Most of the time 60% of patients are accidentally diagnosed and only 40% feel the symptoms of the disease. By little awareness of its symptoms, one can detect the disease in early stage. Symptoms of Diabetes: Symptoms are frequent urination, inc ...  Read Article »

Importance of Counseling a Patient Regarding Treatment Protocol
Article Overview: This article is basically about counseling and educating the patient and his family about the treatment that he will be undergoing and the requirements for the individual sessions.  Read Article »
Dr. Shakti Mishra
General Medicine Physician

Counseling and educating a patient regarding the treatment protocol before the commencement of the session is vital. Every patient is different. Every case is individualized according to the condition and the physiological status of the person. So, when a case is presented to us, we as medical ...  Read Article »

What is the difference between conventional and painless vaccines?
Query: Hello doctor,What is the difference between conventional vaccines and the newer painless vaccines? Which one do you recommend?  Read Full »
Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In recent times, painless vaccines have become popular as they do not cause local pain at the injection site after the vaccination. In comparison, the traditional type of vaccine may give rise to a local swelling and pain for nearly 48 hours. However, recent reports su...  Read Full »

Does one receive a higher RF exposure if they weigh more?
Query: Hello doctor, I was directed to you in the hopes you could answer a technical question for me regarding MRI soft tissue neck SAR limits and RF exposure. Does one receive a higher SAR limit and RF exposure if they weigh more? For example, if a patient weighs 225 lbs would his or her SAR limits and s...  Read Full »
Dr. Chitrangada
Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The SAR (specific absorption rate) is directly dependant on the patient's weight and would definitely be more for a 250 lb person than a 225 lb. The second issue is that radiation heat is more at the surface than the deeper layers of the tissue. So, to conclude, cha...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Patient Education? We have medical experts to help you right away.