Protein Powder

Related Terms: Protein Rich Diet, Exercises, Whey Protein Powder, Gain Weight, Protein Source, Diet Chart, Foods To Gain Weight

Query: Hi doctor,I have a son and a daughter. My height is 5.7 and wife is 5.1. I am extremely worried about my children height as we are short. My daughter is now 3 years 10 months old and have 14.5 kg weight and 38 inches tall. She had seizure thrice and taking some sodium liquid medicine for the past th...  Read Full »
Dr. Payas Joshi
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I will try to sort it out for you. As you told me father's height 5.7 that is 170 cm and mother's height is 5.1 that is 155 cm. According to both of your heights, which is an average height of most of the people, the target range fo...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I used to perform cardio exercise for around 30 to 40 minutes and weight exercise (strength training) between 20 to 30 minutes daily. I have been using one natural protein product. My wish is to lose fat. I am confused whether, I should replace my natural protein product with the secon...  Read Full »
Dr. Swapan Banerjee
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. "L" is the structural name; in fact Lysine and L-Lysine are the same. Not only in Lysine, it gives the same meaning in all amino acids mentioned on the product package (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Glutamine is safe and required for body building. You...  Read Full »

Query: Hi Doctor, I heard that high intake of protein powder will affect kidney functions (by forming kidney stones). Is it true?  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com Too much of any nutrient is not good for the body.  But when you say 'high amount', it is a relative term. What seems 'high amount' to you may not be really high. If you think you are taking too much protein, please do mention what kind of protein you are taking and in...  Read Full »

Query: Hi, I am 24 years old male. My body weight is not proportionate to my age and height. Please let me know the proportion that has to be noticed while selecting the best protein powder to gain weight?  Read Full »
Dr. Shilpi Rajnish Gupta
Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hi, I would suggest you the following proportion to keep in mind while selecting a protein powder: Low fat (1-5 grams is good). Low carbohydrate (1-5 grams is good). High protein (normally about 20-30 grams per serving). Go for concentrate powders - that is absorbed at a moderate pace. Typically i...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, Is high intake of protein powder helpful or harmful to the health? And what are all considered to be too much protein?  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi,Thanks for posting your query. The recommended dietry intake of protein is 30% of your total calorie/ food intake. It means 30% of what you eat should be proteins and if it exceeds 45 or 50% then yes it can cause problems especially to your kidneys. High protein powders can be used if you are de...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am 16 years old. I have started taking a protein supplement since yesterday. I passed black stools this morning. Is this black color because of the protein powder?  Read Full »
Dr. Kini

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Protein supplements do not cause black stools. Black stools, also known as melena, occur if there is bleeding in the upper gastrointestinal tract. There are chances of black stools if you take medications like Pepto-Bismol or Iron supplements. So, if you are not on Pep...  Read Full »

Protein Supplements - Yes or No?

Article Overview: Often, we see bodybuilding enthusiasts taking huge amounts of protein powders and getting buff. Even the cover graphics of the powders are those of highly ripped bodybuilders showing off their shiny biceps. After reading this article, you should be able to understand the usual components and their significance in those protein powders.
Dr. Vishnu K R
Fitness Expert

What Is Protein? You already know that it is a nutrient. And, like all nutrients, proteins are vital for maintaining your health. Proteins are the building blocks of every visible structure in your body. Even the hair. It is protein. A good proportional combination of melanin and keratin. That mean ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor,My husband has an advanced stage liver cirrhosis and gets muscle cramps in legs from time to time, at night time or when he wakes up in the morning. Other patients with similar issues recommend drinking tonic water that contains Quinine or taking Calcium Magnesium supplements. He has ve...  Read Full »
Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cramps happen in cirrhotics due to nutritional insufficiency, mineral deficiency, mainly calcium and magnesium. My suggestions would be: Calcerol sachet (Vitamin D3 60000) once weekly for six weeks. Tablet Magnical (Magnesium with Calcium) twice daily for a month to...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am very thin. I want to gain more mass and weight. For that I am consuming multivitamin tablets and protein powder, but no use. I have a doubt that whatever I am taking is not 100% digesting to supply that energy to my body? What do I do?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can definitely gain weight. If you think you are not getting 100% of what you are eating, it could be probably due to worm infestation in intestine. For that you can take tablet Ivoral Forte (combination of Ivermectin and Albendazole) once after dinner. To gain weight...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor,My mother is suffering from breast cancer. It has spread to the liver. There is a recurrence from last three years. This year she is suffering from ascites. Already three ascites tapping has been done. I want to ask if there is no medicine for ascites cancer patient to make water dry in...  Read Full »
Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ascites secondary to cancer needs multiple steps to control it. It may not completely get dried but it can get controlled well. You need a high protein diet to increase the body protein level which reduces the amount of fluid formed.You need good movement and exerci...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Protein Powder? We have medical experts to help you right away.