Relaxation Techniques

How can I overcome getting affected by thoughts of past bitter situations?

Query: Hello doctor, I have repeated thoughts of past bitter situations all the day for the past six months. I get easily upset and I start crying for unnecessary reasons. This is making my life hell and I have no peace at all. I am having a very poor concentration, not able to study. These thoughts a...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be suffering from obsessive thought disorder with depression. You may have compulsion but you have not mentioned in your symptoms so it seems to be only an obsession. For example, having an obsession with contamination and compulsion of washing unnecessa...  Read Full »

Can anxiety cause PVC?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old female, and I weigh 135 lbs. I gave birth to my second child seven months ago. Ever since then, my heart has had extra beats, and I also have the skipped beat feeling. It happens daily and many times a day at rest. I went to the doctor, and he sent me to the emergency r...  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand how you are feeling. PVC (premature ventricular contractions) can be disturbing and scary, but it poses no harm. When you get worried, it leads to anxiety, which is the main reason why your palpitations will increase. Pregnancy is one big process that can br...  Read Full »

Can exercise help premature ejaculation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old married male. I have premature ejaculation problem. What are the ways for me to overcome it? Will exercises or workout help in overcoming it? Can you suggest me ways to overcome it?  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.Premature ejaculation in most individuals occurs because of associated anxiety, psychological reasons, and hyperexcitation. Relaxation and treatment of anxiety result in improvement in most individuals. The first thing you have to understand that it is normal to ejacula...  Read Full »

No medicines seem to work for my anxiety. Can you suggest any solution?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old.I have anxiety and I am taking medications for that - Effexor XR two times a day Olanzapine 5 mg one at night. It has been now four years that I am struggling with this illness and now none of the medicine work for me. Please advice me what should I do.  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are suffering from anxiety disorder only, why do you need to take Olanzapine? Olanzapine is an antipsychotic and it has no role in anxiety. Effexor (Venlafaxine) is a good medication. You can try a simple and good medication with a low side effect like tablet ...  Read Full »

Why do I have difficulty to have intercourse?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently got married and I knew my partner for long before marriage. My query is I am finding it hard to have intercourse. I am very active while doing foreplay, but when I am about to insert somehow I end up ejaculating outside. We as a couple are planning for pregnancy at the earli...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, you seem to be suffering from erectile dysfunction (difficulty in sustaining erection) after marriage. The commonest cause of erectile dysfunction after marriage is performance anxiety. If you are worried about erection and your performance durin...  Read Full »

I am suffering from insomnia since last three weeks. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from insomnia from the past three weeks. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is this the first time you are experiencing insomnia or there has been a previous history? Sleep problems can happen if you are stressed, anxious or have a mood problem. Is there anything stressful going on in your life ? Do you do shift work? Try to address the root...  Read Full »

Can Stress And Anxiety Cause Joint Problems?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 27-year-old male with no history of joint issues. Can stress and anxiety cause joints to pop? I was okay last month but this month it has been really stressful for me and I know my hands feel stiff and all my joints pop. When I raise my arms, one can hear the tendons stretching l...  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Random clicking and popping joints is a common occurrence and as long as there is no associated pain or swelling, there is nothing to worry about at a young age such as yours. Excessive stress and anxiety can make your muscles taut. This can happen during periods o...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for mental fatigue and tiredness.

Query: Hello doctor, I finished my MBBS and attempting to get a PG seat. I have the below mentioned problems for more than eight years and hence I am unable to get a PG seat. I am taking tablet Venlafaxine 300 mg for past seven months. Three weeks back, as I have few clinical symptoms of hypothyroid my ph...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand what you are going through. First, keep calm and patience. Be positive in your approach. Keep all doors open for opportunity. Accept the fact that cracking PG (post graduation) seat is not only because of hard work but 90 % luck. I have gone through your pr...  Read Full »

What is the solution for segmented sleep?

Query: Hi doctor,What is the solution for segmented sleep? How to get rid of this?  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The treatment depends on the cause of segmented sleep. If it is due to mood disorder like depression or hypomania or anxiety, then treatment of the underlying condition will correct the segmented sleep as well. If it is due to disturbed sleep - wake cycle like workin...  Read Full »

I get paranoid and scared when I am alone in a dark room. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, If my wife sleeps before me, I get paranoid and then cannot sleep till morning. I am generally paranoid when I am alone or in dark, otherwise. everything is normal with me. When I was a kid around 6 years old, I was attacked by a relative who was supposed to be possessed by a ghost. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Psychiatrist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The best option is to consult a psychiatrist or clinical psychologist in-person, for a detailed evaluation. CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) can then be used for treatment. Practice relaxation techniques like breathing exercises daily. PMR (progressive muscle relaxat...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.