Sunburn

Related Terms: Sunprotection, Sunscreen Lotion, Sunscreen, Melasma, Acne, Chemical Peeling, Fungal Infection

What can be done for sunburn and swelling of legs and feet?
Query: Hello doctor, I have sunburns and my legs are swollen. What am I supposed to do now?  Read Full »
Dr. Sugandh Garg

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sunburns or solar burns can be treated as follows: Do cold compresses. Avoid going to hot areas. Do not wear synthetic clothing or very tight clothes. Wear loose-fitting cotton clothes. Dip your legs or feet in the warm saline water at night. Keep your leg eleva...  Read Full »

How to treat sunburn injury?
Query: Hi doctor, I got a very bad sunburn on my left leg about a week ago. I am almost certain it was a second degree even though it did not blister. It was very red and hurted for at least three days. My ankle was swollen for two days as well. I am much worried about it as I am on holiday and did not see...  Read Full »
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail and viewed the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and do understand your concern  Read Full »

Please suggest a solution for sunburn.
Query: Hi doctor,Someone suggested me to apply baking soda over the sunburn. So, I have applied baking soda on the face. The skin around my eyes is getting dark, wrinkles and has some pain also. Please suggest me some cream to get rid of this fast. Also, suggest me some medicine to get rid of sunburn.  Read Full »
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern and I have reviewed your photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have developed irritant contact dermatitis to baking soda. You should wash your face with plain water only and avoid using soap till the reaction gets...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to consult a doctor for sunburn blisters?
Query: Hi doctor, Do I need to visit a doctor for small sunburn blisters?  Read Full »
Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. To help you better, I need to know a few more details. How many lesions do you have? Also, tell me their duration and size. Are the lesions itchy? In which part of the body is it present? If you could send a photo, it will be helpful. Revert back with ...  Read Full »

My skin is inflamed and sensitive after excessive sun exposure. What should I do?
Query: Hello doctor, I did something very silly 10 days ago. I was outside all day without a sunscreen, so the tops of my breasts were exposed to the sun until 2 PM. I got a sunburn which is typical, as my skin type makes me prone to it. Usually, it subsides within a week, if not less. However, this time t...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems you developed severe sunburn. Sunburn is a clinical reaction due to the acute effects of the sun's ultraviolet radiation (UVR) on the skin. I suggest using normal saline or 1:10,000 dilution potassium permanganate compresses or soaks to wash away serous disc...  Read Full »

I got some white patch with rashes on skin. What could it be?
Query: Hi doctor, I got some white patch with rashes. I feel it sometime itchy. It is the same for last two weeks neither increasing nor decreasing. Applied face cream and cow ghee. I have attached the photos for your reference.  Read Full »
Dr. Chaitra Prakash
Cosmetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the information provided. It most likely appears to be sunburn as seen in the photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You could apply DesOwen (Desonide) mild potent steroid cream twice a day for five days. Along with this, also us...  Read Full »

I need your suggestions on which sunscreen to use.
Query: Hi doctor, I am in a little trouble. Summer has started where I live, and I am addicted to playing cricket, whatever the weather or climate be. From last two weeks, I have noticed that my face color has become darker due to the sun. So, I am a little confused about which sunblock cream to use. I ne...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sun protection factor or SPF blocks damaging UV rays, which are responsible for skin aging, darkening, sunburn, and malignancy. I would advise you to use sunscreens that are a multi-spectrum or broad spectrum, which blocks both UV-A and UV-B rays. Select Sunscreen acc...  Read Full »

I have developed 30 to 40 black spots on my face. What could they be?
Query: Hello doctor, Two years ago, I got some four or five black dots on my face, which looked like moles. But, I think it is spreading. The count is now 30 to 40. What can I do? Can you please suggest any treatment or medicine? Please note that my skin type is oily, and my mom also has this problem.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, I think they could be freckles. Do send me images of the same, so I can confirm my diagnosis. Freckles or ephelides are common in individuals who sunburn easily and do not tan, whereas it is uncommon among people who are dark complexioned. I sugg...  Read Full »

What is the solution for face color being dark when body is white?
Query: Hi doctor,I am a female and my age is 25 years. My body is white but face dark black. I have used many creams and lotions but there is no change. So, I want a solution for this.  Read Full »
Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. See if your face color is darker than your body color then it can be due to excessive exposure to the sun. But, if it is your natural color then it cannot be lightened through creams, etc. To get rid of sunburn apply sunscreen lotion half an h...  Read Full »

What adverse effects would low random blood sugar level have in a heart patient?
Query: Hello doctor, My mother, aged 64, has ischemic cardiomyopathy. Her angina and breathlessness are reduced, and they only occur when she exerts herself. But, she is feeling nauseous and dizzy even though she takes food every two hours. Her random blood sugar test is done, and the values are between...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, your mother seems to have issues with her blood sugar and thyroid together along with the heart problems. This makes a vicious circle leading to symptoms getting interrelated thereby creating a worse scenario. She is having high TSH (thyroid-stimulating horm...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Sunburn? We have medical experts to help you right away.