Weight Loss

Related Terms: Reduce Weight, Obesity, Exercises, Weight Reduction, How To Lose Weight, Diabetes, Lifestyle Modification

A loss in weight is nothing but slimming down the total body mass. This is achieved by dropping body fluid, the adipose tissue which is the body fat, and lean mass which is the amount of weight other than the body fat. This loss in weight happens only when the intake energy is lowered than the energy disbursed. Our Weight Loss by Target Date Calculator, as the name suggests, plays an imperative …

Read Full »

Is my weight loss due to hepatitis B?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old male. I would like to describe the series of events to you and need your advice as I have been most disturbed post this event in my life. It has been eight months since my first ever sexual encounter, but I am still tensed and lost. I am too scared to get a blood tes...  Read Full »
Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your detailed summary, I can understand how anxious and tensed you are. Firstly, the lab tests you forwarded including liver function tests are absolutely normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Hepatitis B will not get spread by the activity you ...  Read Full »

I have weight loss due to digestion issues. How to gain the weight back?
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from digestion issues, mostly bloating, from more than seven months. While taking medicines, I was feeling fine, and once I stopped them, my symptoms recurred. My present symptoms include indigestion, constipation, improper motions, low appetite, weight loss, inabilit...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be suffering from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). As far as your questions are concerned, the following are my answers. Just go on an empty stomach so that if required, they can do an endoscopy. All the tests can be performed on an empty stomach. I personal...  Read Full »

I have weight loss, increased hunger, thirst and frequent urination. What can it be?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old female. My height is 5 feet and 6 inches, and my weight is 160. For the past month, I have been experiencing weight loss, increased hunger, increased thirst, and frequently need to go to the bathroom to pee out large amounts. My skin has become dry. I have also lost...  Read Full »
Dr. Pratik Patil
General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello doctor, Welcome to icliniq.com. All of these symptoms, along with weight loss and dry skin point to diabetes. Polyphagia refers to excessive hunger or increased appetite. Polydipsia refers to increased thirst. Polyuria refers to increased urination. .I suggest you screen yourself for blood sug...  Read Full »

Can weight loss, sweating and palpitation be due to hyperthyroidism?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 46 years old male, weighing 67 kg, height 176 cm. Current symptoms are weight loss (lost about 5 kg in one month), feeling hot. Sweating, problems falling asleep, difficulty focusing on one task, forgetfulness, change in bowel habits (experiencing loose motion sometimes), palpita...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have mentioned and from the reports you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears that you have thyroiditis. Your results show that you have hyperthyroidism but not so bad but your scan results suggest thyroiditis which ...  Read Full »

I am experiencing weight loss, stomach burn and throat pain. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I feel nausea and painful throat. It is paining inside the throat and some coffee color blood came out from the throat while spitting. I am experiencing unexpected weight loss for the last four months. I also have nausea, chest pain and stomach burning. I had an endoscope and a blood test...  Read Full »
Dr. A.k.srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and attached files (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It appears that you are suffering from erosive gastritis. This in turn leads to gastroesophageal reflux disease. I suggest you antacid with PPI (proton-pump inhibitors). Co...  Read Full »

Does atorvastatin cause weight loss?
Query: Hello, Does Atorvastatin cause weight loss?  Read Full »
Dr. Rohit Jain

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Atorvastatin itself does not cause any weight loss. It is an anti lipid drug which lowers your lipids in blood that means, it will decrease chances of heart blockage. And you will not loose any weight because of atorvastatin itself. There can be minor side effects with ...  Read Full »

Dieting vs Starvation for Weight Loss
Article Overview: Yes, dieting and starvation are different. To get to a healthy weight range, you are probably starving while mistaking it to be dieting.  Read Article »
Dr. Vishnu K R
Nutritionist

Diabetes is the most dreaded disease which requires a special diet. But, it may so happen that the patient always craves for some high-carb sweets. On the other hand, many young teenage girls abstain from eating bulk carbohydrates just to decrease their belly fat and facial fat although they ar ...  Read Article »

I have weight loss, nausea, indigestion and pain in lower abdomen. What is the problem?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 41-year-old male. I am having symptoms of weight loss, nausea, gas, burping, indigestion, and pain in the lower abdomen. I have lost about 10 kilograms in a year. Recently, I have done a UGI endoscopy. I am attaching my reports. Please advise me.  Read Full »
Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You are having H pylori (Helicobacter pylori) infection. Take Amoxicillin 1000 mg twice daily. Take Clarithromycin 500 mg twice daily and Omeprazole 40 mg twice daily for three months. ...  Read Full »

Intermittent Fasting: Its Effects on Weight Loss and General Health
Article Overview: This article discusses the scientific (research proven) benefits of intermittent fasting on general health including weight loss and cognitive functions.  Read Article »
Dr. Majd Hasan Obeidat
Dietician

Intermittent fasting (IF) is the practice of going for longer than usual periods of time without any caloric intake. We do this naturally every day when we sleep at night. Our body is then said to be in a fasting state until we break the fast next morning with a 'breakfast'. Intermittent fasting is ...  Read Article »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Weight Loss? We have medical experts to help you right away.