Nutritional Supplements

Is nail discoloration during pregnancy something to worry about?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 26 year old female. I am 18 weeks pregnant. Recently, I have noticed a dark line on one of my finger nails going down from the skin edge to the tip. Is this anything to worry about?  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Suresh Kulkarni

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly our heartiest congratulations on your pregnancy. We wish you all the very best of health. You need not worry about the dark line on your nails. Pregnancy causes a lot of hormonal changes in your body. It also causes increased melanin deposition in your body, wh...  Read Full »

Will nutritional supplement help to gain weight and build muscles?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old. My weight is 52 kg. I want to gain my weight. Can I use Nutrigain? Will it help in the build up my muscles?  Read Full »

Dr. Swapan Banerjee

Dietician, Fitness Expert, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The first thing you have to focus on your daily diet and not only supplements. So make a high-calorie food. Eat more cereals 300 gm mainly plain rice, brown rice or bread, oatmeals, maize, Nutrela, and all whole grains. Add all good quality proteins like organic, dairy...  Read Full »

Can you please explain the reason for elevated eosinophil, WBC and vitamin B12 levels?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I did a full blood workup, and my eosinophil count, WBC, and B12 levels are high. I am a chronic sufferer of pouchitis. My creatinine and Bun levels are normal, like all other levels. I often take many supplements daily. Can you please help me? I am scared.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your B12 level can be high due to an intake of many supplements that contains B12 within it. Your eosinophil count can be considered very high. Usually, it is elevated in the case of al...  Read Full »

I am deficient of vitamin B12. How to improve it using tablets?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old male. My weight is 105 kilograms, and my height is 6'3". I have done a blood test recently, and I have a B12 of 156 pg/mL. My nail (light black with dark longitudinal lines) looks darker than usual. My doctor suggests me an injection therapy. But I am willing to have so...  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As per the laboratory report, you have a deficiency of vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 is an essential vitamin required for the normal functioning of the body organs especially the nervous sys...  Read Full »

Can I use health supplement for fatigue?

Query: Hi doctor, I have fatigue issues. Can you suggest a health supplement. I was thinking of using Amway Nutrilite Siberian Ginseng With Ginkgo Biloba. Further I am currently having vitamin B12 and Vitamin D deficiency for which I am using specific supplement as suggested by my physician which includes...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate your efforts for uploading the laboratory reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).  Read Full »

What causes cold hands and feet along with fatigue?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having cold hands and feet. I also have little bit of fatigue. Two years ago, I lost 90 pounds with diet and exercise. I had high blood pressure and anemia when I was pregnant with twins three years ago. Now, I have taken a complete blood count. I am attaching the reports for your r...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query and attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), my opinion is as follows: There is mild reduction in leukocyte count and hemoglobin. Also, red cell distribution width (RDW) is increased. Cause for reduced hemoglobin appears to be ...  Read Full »

Why are my WBC, RBC and monocytes low?

Query: Hi doctor, I have some red and purple dots on my stomach and hand. I have been sick for a long time and I lost my weight. My immune system is really bad. I had my blood test done and the result shows that the white blood cells are low at 3.9 and the red blood cells are 3.7. Also, my absolute monocyt...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: Looking at the various counts, WBC (white blood cells) count is just around normal. While the RBC - red blood cells seems to be affected and based on the symptoms, it appears platelets could be affected. As the...  Read Full »

Does my LFT report indicate fatty liver?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 50 year old male. I got my lipid profile, LFT and KFT done. I have attached the reports. Kindly check and suggest the following: Does LFT report indicate fatty liver? I consume 2-3 pegs of alcohol three times a week since last 14-15 years. If yes, then what precaution has to be...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. I have studied your case history and reports too (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your report is suggestive of alcoholic hepatitis or fatty liver disease. You should go ahead for an ultrasound abdomen to see the status of liver. ...  Read Full »

Why am I so lean even after eating healthy foods?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 22 year old male weighing 45 kg and my height is 5'5". My concern is why I am so lean despite of eating healthy foods. Please help. Thank you.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for using this platform. First of all I would suggest you to rule out any chronic disease by carrying out blood test that is preventing you from gaining weight. In order to build muscle and body, there is no better way than going to gym and supplementing it with...  Read Full »

How to reverse the ill effects of excessive masturbation?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel tired and unenergetic after masturbation. And due to masturbation, I feel I am losing essential nutrients. Now, what should I do to reverse the ill effects of masturbation? Is there any medicine or supplement? Do you recommend taking Ashwagandha?  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Masturbation is a process to get sexual pleasure manually. It is good for health but, if done wrongly or excessively, it can become harmful to your health. It can lead to laziness, tiredness, headache, and body ache, etc. It can also cause injuries and bending of pe...  Read Full »