Nutritional Supplements

What can cause white spot on the gum?

Query: Hello doctor, I just noticed a white spot on my gum, not anywhere near my teeth. I am scared of it.  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushik Arya

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for sharing the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Based on the information you have provided, it looks like an ulcer. It is a common ailment found in most people. For a definitive diagnosis, I will need some more information. Since wh...  Read Full »

Will my son be short as I am short?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 9 years 1 month old. His height is 119.5 cm and weight is 25.5 kg. He is a very normal and healthy boy. My height is 5 feet 5 inches and my wife's height is 5 feet. I am worried about his height? Please explain me.  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your son's weight is fine and height is on the lower side. The body mass index is fine, but could be better. Height usually depends on a few things like the height of the parents genetically related, delay in height spurt and undernutrition. But...  Read Full »

What are the white circular band seen around the tip of my nail?

Query: Hi doctor, I have noticed something different on the tip of the nails. At the tip of all nails a band of half white color has formed and it is going around the circumference of the nail horizontally. They are not an exact horizontal line, but a circular band around the tip of the nail. I am also att...  Read Full »

Dr. Chaitra Prakash

Cosmetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the details provided, it seems as onycholysis. It means your nail tip is loosened from your nail bed underneath. In your case it is very mild and probably due to cutting nails too short. There is nothing much to worry about at present. It is also unlikely to be relat...  Read Full »

Can muscle recovery be adversely affected by protein powder?

Query: Hi doctor, I used to perform cardio exercise for around 30 to 40 minutes and weight exercise (strength training) between 20 to 30 minutes daily. I have been using one natural protein product. My wish is to lose fat. I am confused whether, I should replace my natural protein product with the secon...  Read Full »

Dr. Swapan Banerjee

Dietician, Fitness Expert, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. "L" is the structural name; in fact Lysine and L-Lysine are the same. Not only in Lysine, it gives the same meaning in all amino acids mentioned on the product package (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Glutamine is safe and required for body building. You...  Read Full »

What herbal medicine can I take to maintain sexual health?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I got my semen test from a laboratory. Detail of the test is as follows: Volume - 3.0 mL, color - gray white, viscosity - thick, total sperm count - 60 million, active motile 20%, sluggish motile 30% and non-motile 50%, pus cell 3-4/HPF and morphology 45 %. I want to know that ...  Read Full »

Dr. Pritam Mohapatra

Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate you seeking help. I would recommend the following in your case. First and foremost, taking good care of your diet and nutrition is indeed critical to maintaining a good health including the sexual health. You need to take a wholesome nutritious diet, preferab...  Read Full »

Why do I not put on weight even after using appetizers?

Query: Hello doctor, My age is 23. But, I weigh only 37 kg for 158 cm height. My parents consulted different medical practitioners, but nothing worked out. Appetizers did not work too. I do not have strong immunity. I get fever often. No one in my family is lean other than me. They all have normal weight. ...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For a height of 158 cm, your ideal weight should be between 56 to 60 kg. You can definitely gain weight. First of all, I would suggest you to rule out any chronic disease by carrying out complete blood count, chest x-ray, thyroid hormone profile, liver function tests and...  Read Full »

Please suggest a diet plan for type 2 diabetes.

Query: Hello doctor, I have type 2 diabetes. I am 29 years old. My height is 5'7" and weight is 58 kg. 34 days back I gave blood tests. My fasting blood sugar was 313, postprandial 599, HbA1c-14.9, T3 109.6, T4-12.30, vitamin D-6.2 and TSH-2.29. After five days, I consulted a doctor and he gave me medicin...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I am surprised why have you stopped taking medicines? Medication does not cure diabetes; they control it and hence do keep continuing medications. Coming to your diabetic diet: You need to eat food in small quantities, but frequently. Avoid swe...  Read Full »

Why does my 2-year-old keeps falling while walking?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2 years old baby is not yet walking properly. While walking, her body shakes and she fell down. I started doing massage using ayurveda. Please suggest any remedy for my baby.  Read Full »

Dr. Niveditha Srinivasamurthy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry, I read your query and understood your concern. You cannot fix the exact age for a child to start walking. Every child is different. She will certainly walk soon. Massage her legs with Ksheerabala oil. This is an excellent oil for improving muscle strength ...  Read Full »

Can a 4-year-old take Omega-3 fish oil capsules?

Query: Hi doctor, Can Omega-3 fish oil capsules be given to a 4 year 2 months old boy? In what dosage should it be given? Does Omega-3 fish oil capsules and DHA control focal seizure? Please guide.  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Mittal

Child Health Specialist, Medical Oncologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Omega-3 fish oil adult preparations cannot be used in small children. There are special preparations for children with various flavors. And also it should not be used without prescription. There is no evidence that it can be used to prevent focal seizures. It is a nutr...  Read Full »

Is Nurokind-LC for leg cramps safe during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 35 weeks pregnant. She is currently taking iron tablets twice a day (three weeks back she did Hb test, and it was 9 g/dL) and calcium tablets. She has occasional leg cramps, especially when waking up. Last week her gynecologist prescribed her Nurokind-LC twice a day for two...  Read Full »

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is usually dilutional anemia at this stage of pregnancy and the requirement is much more. She has been prescribed Nurokind-LC tablet because of cramps in the legs as it is a neurovitamin and also for prophylaxis of megaloblastic anemia as it contains folic aci...  Read Full »