Painless Swellings

What causes a cyst near clitorial hood?

Query: Dear doctor, I have noticed a lump the size of a grape on the outer left side of my clitoral hood; that was not there during the last two or three days. It is painless, hard, no irritation or color change, no strange or closed discharge. But it is huge and getting bigger every day. Any general idea...  Read Full »

Dr. Sabita Laskar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Depending on your description, there could be few possibilities: Paraurethral gland swelling. Lipoma. Fibroma. Sebaceous cyst. Since it has been around for only a few days and not sore, I think it is just a retention cyst. Any gland around that place whose duct...  Read Full »

How to know whether I am allergic to mango or not?

Query: Hello doctor, I have mango allergy, and I am wondering if mango concentrate can cause an allergic reaction. I had mango juice, and I did not break out at all, but last year I had an allergic reaction that was from mangoes or peal, that were hives and swelling. Before I turned 18, I was eating mango...  Read Full »

Dr. Arun R Kaushik

Microbiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to identify which part of the mango are you allergic to and avoid it. Is it the juice or for the peal? Also, any particular variety of mango needs to be identified like banganapalli, alphonso, etc. If recurring with all the variety of mangoes then try to avo...  Read Full »

Why do I feel pressure and mobility in teeth with swelling?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old, 120 pounds, 5'7", teeth are not good. I do not have pain but have pressure and I feel like all my teeth move a little, not much. There is a swelling on one whole tooth, no pain though. What is going on? I went to my dentist today and he gave me antibiotics for swell...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question and I can understand your concern. As per your history, signs, and symptoms, it seems to me that you might have apical periodontitis in the swollen single tooth. You need to take antibiotics as directed by your dentist. Pressure is als...  Read Full »

There is a swelling at the site of wisdom tooth removal. Is it normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I just had my wisdom tooth removal surgery 10 days back. The surgery was on the lower right side as my wisdom tooth was impacted and was inside the bone. Hence, I had to remove it as there was some TMJ discomfort. My recovery is going fine there is no numbness and I just want to take ...  Read Full »

Dr. Himayoon Majeed Mir

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have been through your query and I can understand your concern. Post-extraction swelling is normal as the tissues require a conducive environment for healing. Normally, an extraction site shows almost complete healing after 21 days provided you do not have any neg...  Read Full »

Is there any cure for lipoma?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a lipoma in my arm. Is there any cure?  Read Full »

Dr. Yelamanchili Alekhya

Answer: HelIo, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and understood your concerns. Lipomas are painless swellings. For lipoma, the best treatment is surgical excision and as it is not a big surgery you can go for it. Consult a general surgeon online regarding the surgical removal of the swe...  Read Full »

I have two new lipomas in the same arm as the old one. Please advise.

Query: Hi doctor, In my right upper arm, I have a lipoma which grows slowly from three years. Now, I have two new lipomas in the same upper arm. There is no pain as such. Is it normal?  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly I want to ask you whether the diagnosis of lipoma was made by a doctor. Because swellings may be of several types. My advice is to visit a surgeon for an examination in person. The doctor will be able to tell you the best whether you need a biopsy or excisio...  Read Full »

I have a painless swelling on my left cheek. What is it?

Query: Hi doctor, My left side cheek is swelled. There is no pain present when I touch it. I have attached my picture. Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The swelling occurs due to various reasons. It can occur due to a toothache or carious tooth in the same region. It can be due to trauma, sinusitis due to nose infection, and due to a b...  Read Full »

I have clear white bumps in the corner of the mouth. What could they be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old male. I have small clear white bumps in the corner of the mouth. It is not hurting. Some are very small. They are more than 20 in number. I am currently taking vitamin D3 supplements and iron supplements.  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your query and can well understand you are worried about the lesions (bumps) on the corner of your lips. There are many reasons behind this kind of lesions. It mostly is caused either by a deficiency of nutrients, dehydration, or a viral infecti...  Read Full »

I have a small red spot under my tongue. Should I be worried?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 49-year-old female. I am not sure if I should be concerned and see a doctor. For the past two to three weeks, I have had a small, red spot under my tongue. It is not much larger than a pin dot and I think it has decreased in size. I have attached images for your reference. It do...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post and images (attachment removed to protect patient identity) This seems to be minor salivary glands although the image is not clear. But, I do not see a reason why you should worry because there is no ulceration and no pain. There is no need...  Read Full »

I am concerned about the swelling behind the right ear of my baby. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 1.4 years old. Before two days, we observed a swelling at the back of her right ear. It seems that it is painless because when I pressed it, she does not cry or react. The swollen part is in the skin color only. I am concerned about it as I read on the internet that it co...  Read Full »

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you are concerned about the swelling behind the right ear of your baby. Since your child does not cry or react to the pressure applied to the swelling, we can rule out the abscess. Usually, it would be very painful to touch and look red. Also, there is n...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.