Painless Swellings

What could be a painless bump on the forehead with Minoxidil use?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been using Minoxidil to combat my receding hairline for months now. I have noticed a bump on my forehead that has not disappeared for about a month, where I used the treatment. Can I have some advice on this?  Read Full »

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Folliculitis is sometimes found to be related to Minoxidil use. In that patients sometimes develop bumps on the skin, which can be painful on touch. You have not mentioned if it is painful or not? Do you have any lesions elsewhere in the body? Any itching or irrit...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to check a skin tag to rule out malignancy?

Query: Hello doctor, The skin tag started two weeks ago, multiplied, and looks very odd. Not sure if it is just irritated or if I should be concerned. Should I get a skin tag checked?  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have excess skin tags on the body? Do you experience friction between the skin surfaces? Are you insulin resistance? Are you obese? Do you have any hormonal imbalance or fluctuations? Do you have any hormonal changes? What is your pregnancy status? Do yo...  Read Full »

Why is there swelling on the sides of my vagina?

Query: Hi doctor, I have swellings on the sides of my vagina, periodically. They seems to come to a normal state after some days.  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It may be due to allergy or due to any medicine if you are taking any. Does it have any pattern like before or after or middle of periods? Is there any pain or itching? If you are sexually active, then does it come after sex? You should check blood sugar levels with PP ...  Read Full »

What is the cause of a painless bump on the soft palate?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel some tissue or bump on the soft palate. It is soft without pain. I have been having it for many months. The doctors said that it is due to brush injury and will heal, but it did not. What is it?  Read Full »

Dr. A K Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. You are having soft swelling on your palate for quite a long time, which is not tender. So, it may be Ectopic salivary gland. Palatal cyst. To confirm it, you should do FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytology) from this lump to find out the nature...  Read Full »

Why is my baby's tibia bone swollen?

Query: Hi doctor, My 8 month old baby boy has swelling in tibia bone. He does not have any pain or irritation over the swelling. He started standing by his 6 months onwards. What is the reason for this swelling?  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Ashok Berry

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like your child has a painless bump on the tibia or leg. Can you describe where exactly you see this swelling or bump, either upper, mid or lower tibia? Has this been evaluated by a doctor with x-rays? There can be numerous causes for such a swellin...  Read Full »

Is there any cure for lipoma?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a lipoma in my arm. Is there any cure?  Read Full »

Dr. Yelamanchili Alekhya

Answer: HelIo, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and understood your concerns. Lipomas are painless swellings. For lipoma, the best treatment is surgical excision and as it is not a big surgery you can go for it. Consult a general surgeon online regarding the surgical removal of the swe...  Read Full »

I have two new lipomas in the same arm as the old one. Please advise.

Query: Hi doctor, In my right upper arm, I have a lipoma which grows slowly from three years. Now, I have two new lipomas in the same upper arm. There is no pain as such. Is it normal?  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly I want to ask you whether the diagnosis of lipoma was made by a doctor. Because swellings may be of several types. My advice is to visit a surgeon for an examination in person. The doctor will be able to tell you the best whether you need a biopsy or excisio...  Read Full »

Why do my temples get swollen when I chew hard food?

Query: Hi doctor, I get a swelling on the temple after chewing on hard food, for example, steak or candy. The swelling goes down after I stop eating, but the area feels numb for a long time after that. What can cause this? I have chronic urticaria and MGUS.   Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have carefully reviewed your health query and will answer your concerns. The issues you mentioned are related to mastication (chewing). It is a process where you have to put a lot of energy, and the muscles of mastication are widely used. It seems there is some ne...  Read Full »

What causes a cyst near clitorial hood?

Query: Dear doctor, I have noticed a lump the size of a grape on the outer left side of my clitoral hood; that was not there during the last two or three days. It is painless, hard, no irritation or color change, no strange or closed discharge. But it is huge and getting bigger every day. Any general idea...  Read Full »

Dr. Sabita Laskar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Depending on your description, there could be few possibilities: Paraurethral gland swelling. Lipoma. Fibroma. Sebaceous cyst. Since it has been around for only a few days and not sore, I think it is just a retention cyst. Any gland around that place whose duct...  Read Full »

How to know whether I am allergic to mango or not?

Query: Hello doctor, I have mango allergy, and I am wondering if mango concentrate can cause an allergic reaction. I had mango juice, and I did not break out at all, but last year I had an allergic reaction that was from mangoes or peal, that were hives and swelling. Before I turned 18, I was eating mango...  Read Full »

Dr. Arun R Kaushik

Microbiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to identify which part of the mango are you allergic to and avoid it. Is it the juice or for the peal? Also, any particular variety of mango needs to be identified like banganapalli, alphonso, etc. If recurring with all the variety of mangoes then try to avo...  Read Full »