Regurgitation

Can GERD cause a foreign body sensation in the throat?

Query: I have a foreign body sensation in my throat, sometimes its like a compression or squeezing in my throat. Usually at night when i lay down. I have no other symptoms, my breathing is fine, heart rate and blood pressure is normal, I have been taking omeprazole 20mg once a day for almost 2 weeks under ...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Your prediction is almost as right as what I am also considering. The most common reason of having this irritation in throat with a feeling of lump or something obstructing while swallowing can definelty be a feature of chronic GERD. Eve though you might asymptomatic in between, the inflammatio...  Read Full »

How to know whether enough feeding is done for a baby?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 3 1/2 week old baby who I am formula feeding. I feed her 2 1/2 ounces about every 3 hours. She sucks the complete bottle down and is still sucking when I pull it out of her mouth. An hour after I feed her, she is very fussy. Her arms are going everywhere and her mouth is wid...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash Nagar

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I always prefer a demand feeding as all babies are smart enough to decide for how much they want and how frequently. For the weight and age of your baby, she need about 3 ounces of milk every 3 hours, total about 700 - 725 ml in 24 hours. Fussiness after feeding and tu...  Read Full »

Why do I regurgitate after each meal with taste of the same food I ate?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a teen and I believe I have rumination syndrome as 5-10 minutes after every meal, I regurgitate the food I eat but it is not digested and tastes like the food I recently ate. I often chew the food again and swallow, but it is quite annoying and it happens for about 20 minutes bef...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand you must be upset about your condition lasting so long. You well described the symptoms and timings which are very important in your case. The symptoms you mention can present for many years harmlessly and at the time this accompanies other eating di...  Read Full »

A 3-month-old baby swallowed a small thread. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 3 months old. She swallowed a small thread. Will it harm her? And her tongue is white and thick. She also snores a little. She often vomits milk, which contains mucus. My doctor said this will get cleared as she grows. Please tell your opinion. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Small thread does not harm the child. It will pass spontaneously. Small amount of regurgitation is normal in children. We should be more concerned if she is not taking food adequately. Ensure your baby is gaining adequate weight and growing well. For further information c...  Read Full »

Can severe acid reflux cause Barrett's esophagus?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old female. I was going through a lot of stress and started consuming alcohol at least 3 drinks a day. For the past 5 years, I have been suffering from acid reflux along with severe regurgitation and taking tablet Prilosec. I fell sick a month ago and taught it to be a res...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are many causes of reflux. Hiatus hernia is one of the conditions. It is a major concern causing lifestyle limitation. I would like to know if you are suffering from any respiratory problem. Continuous reflux can cause stricture formation and dysphasia (difficult...  Read Full »

What can be done for pulmonary regurgitation with dilated pulmonary artery?

Query: Hello doctor,My child had critical pulmonary stenosis and had balloon dilation at three months. She is now 13. She has moderate pulmonary regurgitation, her LV ejaculation fraction is 69 %. She has a mildly dilated RV and pulmonary artery. She gets breathlessness. Should I be concerned?  Read Full »

Dr. Salam Salloum

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per cardiac MRI (attachment removed to protect patient identity), the degree of pulmonary valve regurgitation is moderate at the most with only mildly dilate RV. Please be assured at this stage. However, she still needs yearly follow-ups either with an echo or anothe...  Read Full »

There is a slight drop in my ejection fraction from last year. Should I be worried?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 57-year-old male and the results of my recent annual resting echo showed the following: Tri-leaflet aortic valve with well-compensated moderate regurgitation (2-3/4) as well as mild aortic sclerosis but no stenosis. Normal size left ventricle (130 mL) and no evidence of hyp...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, since it is a moderate regurgitation and compensated, it is not expected to damage your heart that badly and drop your ejection fraction. Also, echo is a subjective investigation and while calculating, a slight change in cursor positions may cha...  Read Full »

My dad has a bitter taste in the mouth every morning. What is causing it?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is 54 years old. He had a gallbladder surgery for gallstone removal 14 years ago. He takes medicines for BP and for hypothyroidism. His SGPT is 56, SGOT is 46 and ALP is 278. Earlier, for triglycerides, he used to take Fenofibrate. His HDL and LDL were not very high, rather...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. A bitter taste in the early morning hours is seen in people with acid regurgitation or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and in smokers. I would suggest a course of PPI (proton pump inhibitors) with Levosulpride like capsule Sampraz L (a ...  Read Full »

Kindly help with my constant, mild chest pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old male. I am having a mild constant chest pain. Sometimes I feel shortness in breathing, little bit of headache and heaviness in throat. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Vishnu Priya G

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the short history, it is difficult to make a diagnosis. But, I will try to explain the symptoms and related causes. It would have been more helpful if you had given your weight and body mass index (BMI).  Read Full »