Common "Semen" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq


Semen is also called seminal fluid. It is produced from the male reproductive tract. They contain sperm cells that are capable of fertilizing the female's eggs. It also contains some liquids that combine to form a seminal plasma. It helps to keep the sperm viable. Pregnancy happens when the sperm is ejaculated into the vagina of the female. It fertilizes the mature ovum in the uterus and forms an embryo resulting in pregnancy in women.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Is there a link between Silofast drug and semen production?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed to have a kidney stone. I am taking Silofast 8 mg tablet and Stone B tonic. Now, I do not have any pain and in the last scan, the stone was not visible. Earlier, it was 3 mm. My doctor asked me to continue the same tablet and tonic. I was away from sex for a month due to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan Govindasamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to The problem of retrograde ejaculation is due to the Silodosin tablet you are taking. You should stop this medicine, if the stone is not seen in repeat scan. The ejaculation will become normal in 24 hours after stopping the medicine. You can continue with the stone syrup f...  Read Full »

Kindly tell me a feedback on my semen analysis report.

Query: Hello doctor,I would like to get a feedback on the semen analysis report.  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your sperm count is normal, but the motility and normal forms are low. If you are taking any medicine or nutritional supplements on a regular basis, then it may be due to its side ef...  Read Full »

Can emergency contraceptive prevent pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, My partner and I had unprotected sex twice within two hours. I did not ejaculate inside her both the times and she urinated immediately after sex both the times as well. Within an hour, she took an I-pill. My only concern is would my precum or any existing semen inside my tract would s...  Read Full »

Dr. Sameer Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to If she has taken an I-pill within the next hour after the last intercourse, then there is no apparent need to be worried as this shall prevent any chances of pregnancy due to possible pre-cum ejaculation, considering that she is in her fertile period. An I-pill shou...  Read Full »

I am 24-year-old and my body smells like semen which is devastating. Kindly suggest.

Query: Hello doctor,I am 24 years old and I take a shower every day but still smell like semen i have had this problem for more than a year now and it is devastating. I have become afraid of masturbation. Kindly suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Suvash Sahu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have read your query and understand your concern. With your descriptions, it seems you have bromhidrosis or body odor. Excessive sweating is always associated with odor. It can be due to hormones and bacterial reactions. Obesity, diabetes, and thyroid may also cause ...  Read Full »

Am I protected against hepatitis B by vaccination?

Query: Hi doctor, I kissed someone who had chronic hepatitis B. So, I put my first hepatitis vaccination immediately, a second vaccination a week later and the third one, two weeks later after the second. Am I protected against hepatitis B?  Read Full »

Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Yes, you are protected. Although the booster is not taken, some amount of immunity is provided by vaccination, it is enough to protect. So, it will protect you. Now, the best way to confirm this is by getting immunoglobin titers done and if the titers are adequate, t...  Read Full »

I notice automatic leakage of watery semen. Kindly help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old, male, unmarried. I was doing masturbation for 10 years. I became so addicted to it that every day I was doing it and sometimes I am doing it more than once a day. I know it is dangerous to my health. So, in between, I have controlled for some time and then I break my ru...  Read Full »

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnui

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I would like to tell you that masturbation is a safe and healthy habit. Most of the males masturbate and this is normal. Masturbation does not cause any weakness or loss of fertility or any other harmful effects. Even if you masturbate daily even then that is normal....  Read Full »

How to get sperm for semen analysis besides masturbation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am in a need to¬†provide a sample for sperm analysis. I could ejaculate during sex. But, when I try to provide sperm for analysis by masturbation, I failed. Can I provide home sample? Is there any other way available for this like vibrator? Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair Bhaskaran

Answer: Hi, Welcome to You can collect the sperm sample at home and should reach the laboratory within 45 minutes. You can try during intercourse and collect it in a bottle when you are about to ejaculate. But, that can contaminate and show signs of infection. Vibrators are available, but need ...  Read Full »

What is the solution for improving semen quality and sexual health?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 45-year-old male with average health. I am experiencing issues with semen consistency, a decreased intercourse duration, and concerns about penis size. I am seeking treatment to improve my semen quality and overall sexual health. Please help.Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran S R

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concern. Several factors can contribute to premature ejaculation. These include the stress from demanding jobs, such as night shifts or high-pressure positions. Additionally, medical conditions like diabetes, hypertension, and thyroid...  Read Full »

I ejaculated on my girlfriend's buttocks. She was on placebo pills at that time. Is there any possibility for pregnancy?

Query: Hi, I ejaculated on my girlfriend's buttocks. I know that the semen was on the top part; however, she said she felt semen in her anus. She wiped it out, and she was also wearing a panty. She is worried that she might be pregnant, even though there was no intercourse. Her period came later that night...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concern. Based on the available details, there is no chance of getting pregnant. This is because: The fertile period for a woman is typically around 14 days before her menstruation. Your girlfriend had only two days left for he...  Read Full »

I have teenage nightfall concerns. Kindly suggest me treatment.

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18-year-old boy. This morning, I was about to have a nightfall, but at the moment it was going to occur, I woke up and controlled it by not letting it come out. 1. Is this harmful to my health? 2. Will I be impotent in the future? 3. Is there any harm in preventing the semen from...  Read Full »

Dr. Chandwadkar Ashish

Answer: Hi, I am glad you chose icliniq for your medical-related queries. I understand your concern and will try to help you with it. Now you are experiencing a very physiological condition, which, according to medical science, is harmless. Sometimes in order to relieve sexual tension, night falls or wet d...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.