Spotting In Pregnancy

My pregnant wife passed a little blood. Is it a sign of miscarriage?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife tested positive for pregnancy four weeks ago. Three days later, she was passing a little blood. Is that normal or is there a chance of miscarriage? Is Progesterone 200 mg a good tablet or is it because of this tablet that she is passing blood? Please advice.  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing ? Usually in the initial few days of pregnancy, you may experience implantation bleeding. The blood that is released from the uterine lining when the embryo penetrates into the uterine lining may be released as few drops of fresh blood or as brown-col...  Read Full »

Is spotting normal during early pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 17 days pregnant. I have two to three drops of bleeding from yesterday. Today I did a urine test, and it came positive as pregnant. Am I pregnant or not?  Read Full »

Dr. Sini P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1) If your urine pregnancy test has shown as positive, then it is sure that you are pregnant. 2) Bleeding can be a symptom of tubal pregnancy or threatened abortion. 3) To confirm the second point, you have to take a vaginal scan, but we cannot see it correctly in 17 ...  Read Full »

What precautions to be taken for spotting during the first trimester?

Query: My wife is pregnant. She has been experiencing cramps and also seen a single drop of blood while urinating. we consult to our Dr. and done a Ultrasound. In ultrasound result it is mentioned that: AVRF, Gravid shows evidence of single intra uterine Gestational SAC with regular walls and good decidual...  Read Full »

Dr. Sini P

Answer: Hi Welcome to iCliniq, 1) In the scan if there is no heart beat,,as she said you need to wait for 1 more week,because in case of irregular periods and if any delay in periods by 2 or three days,heart beat comes a little late only 2)But if she is getting pain and spotting ,it is not good sign. C...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have spotting during 25 weeks of pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 32 years old. She is 25 weeks pregnant currently. This is our second baby. Our first baby is 6 years old. She had a USG after 20 weeks of pregnancy which was normal (specifically placenta location was normal). But from the last two weeks, she is experiencing spotting eve...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please get yourself checked by a gynecologist internally and get a pelvic scan done to rule out the exact cause. Avoid stress and strain, anxiety, work pressures, lifting heavy weights, bumpy drives, and exercise. Take progesterone supplements. Travel at this point is n...  Read Full »

Why did my second ultrasound show an empty embryonic sac?

Query: Hi.. Doctor, I'm having a situation here.. I am a mother with 2 kids, My last first period was 69 days back. I'm worried and made an UPT which shows positive 20 days back.(after 12 yrs I'm am pregnant). I do faces all the pregnancy symptoms as vomiting and so on.. Unfortunately I am spotting since...  Read Full »

Dr. Vidyaprem

Answer: dear, welcome toiclinq. com I can absolutely understand ur concern.. what u are going through must be missed miscarriage.. this is because of defective embryogenesis( the ovum , becos of ur age may have meitoic dysfunction .. resulting in multiplication errors) ... it's a waY of of natural selec...  Read Full »

Should I be concerned that I am spotting after positive home pregnancy tests?

Query: Hello, I’m a 25 year old woman who recently discovered they are pregnant. My period was due on 1st of this month, that same day I took a test that came back positive. I’ve tested several times sense and all have been positive. However on the 6th, I noticed some bleeding. The first time i...  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Icliniq. I would like to let you know that any spotting or bleeding in early pregnancy is a sign of threatened miscarriage. You need to visit your doctor so that she can perform a scan to check if the pregnancy is still viable or not. Also if your previous cycles were totally reg...  Read Full »

Can transvaginal scan cause spotting during pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a history of recurrent early miscarriage (before seven weeks). Investigations pointed to high autoimmune antibodies and high NK cells. With medication, I conceived naturally and had a successful pregnancy. I am now pregnant again (unplanned) and am 7 weeks + 3. I had some spotting...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? I understand your concern. From your history, I do not see any reason for you to worry. This spotting could be from mild erosion on surface of the cervix, which may bleed spontaneously or during sex or due to scan probe. In your history as you have ...  Read Full »

I am pregnant and had been spotting everyday with no fetal heartbeat in USG. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am eight weeks and three days pregnant. I have been spotting every day for almost two weeks. I have not been bleeding heavy or had any blood clots or tissues. I went for my USG three days back and they were unable to find any heartbeat. Kindly advise if we should still stay positive...  Read Full »

Dr. Donalyn S. Barcial

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern. I know you are anxious but to be honest, the likelihood that this will be a miscarriage is very high. By at least six weeks, there should already be a heartbeat on the ultrasound. We usually give at least two more weeks to repeat the scan espe...  Read Full »

One of the twins got miscarried. Are my reports worrying?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old. 19 weeks and four days pregnant. My LMP was four months ago. Two months back, I had slight bleeding and passing of some brown tissue. I had a scan and the report showed an empty sac with bleeding and no cardiac activity. Another sac was also present with cardiac act...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? What you had, in the beginning, was a vanishing twin syndrome. The healthier of the twin survived. The baby which disappeared mostly had some genetic problem, which was not compatible with life. The brown discharge you had was implantation blood. ...  Read Full »

Bleeding with clots and tissues,due to low-lying placenta. Is this placenta previa?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 35 years old and first time pregnant. She got pregnant naturally. She is running into 18 weeks and five days as of today. No history of any fertility treatment ever. Last week, she had bleeding with clots and tissues (one pad soaked each time) twice in four days interval. W...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, the above medication will be effective and safe. The minimal bleeding will also settle down soon. Since it has been detected by scan, then definitely it is placenta previa. At this point of time, it is better to avoid journey as it may increase the amount of bleed...  Read Full »