Spotting In Pregnancy

Can transvaginal scan cause spotting during pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a history of recurrent early miscarriage (before seven weeks). Investigations pointed to high autoimmune antibodies and high NK cells. With medication, I conceived naturally and had a successful pregnancy. I am now pregnant again (unplanned) and am 7 weeks + 3. I had some spotting...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? I understand your concern. From your history, I do not see any reason for you to worry. This spotting could be from mild erosion on surface of the cervix, which may bleed spontaneously or during sex or due to scan probe. In your history as you have ...  Read Full »

I am pregnant and had been spotting everyday with no fetal heartbeat in USG. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am eight weeks and three days pregnant. I have been spotting every day for almost two weeks. I have not been bleeding heavy or had any blood clots or tissues. I went for my USG three days back and they were unable to find any heartbeat. Kindly advise if we should still stay positive...  Read Full »

Dr. Donalyn S. Barcial

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern. I know you are anxious but to be honest, the likelihood that this will be a miscarriage is very high. By at least six weeks, there should already be a heartbeat on the ultrasound. We usually give at least two more weeks to repeat the scan espe...  Read Full »

One of the twins got miscarried. Are my reports worrying?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old. 19 weeks and four days pregnant. My LMP was four months ago. Two months back, I had slight bleeding and passing of some brown tissue. I had a scan and the report showed an empty sac with bleeding and no cardiac activity. Another sac was also present with cardiac act...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? What you had, in the beginning, was a vanishing twin syndrome. The healthier of the twin survived. The baby which disappeared mostly had some genetic problem, which was not compatible with life. The brown discharge you had was implantation blood. ...  Read Full »

Bleeding with clots and tissues,due to low-lying placenta. Is this placenta previa?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 35 years old and first time pregnant. She got pregnant naturally. She is running into 18 weeks and five days as of today. No history of any fertility treatment ever. Last week, she had bleeding with clots and tissues (one pad soaked each time) twice in four days interval. W...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, the above medication will be effective and safe. The minimal bleeding will also settle down soon. Since it has been detected by scan, then definitely it is placenta previa. At this point of time, it is better to avoid journey as it may increase the amount of bleed...  Read Full »

Can I have sex during 17 weeks of pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor,Currently, I am 17 weeks pregnant. I had spotting which started during 13 weeks and lasted for about a week. I was put on bed rest and advised to take Susten 400 mg. Everything was fine in 16 weeks ultrasound. The doctor said no need of bedrest hereafter. But did not say anything abt se...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would be better if you could send me your detailed history and scan report that you had recently. Mild bleeding at 13 weeks could be due to local pathology like cervical erosion, polyp, threatened miscarriage or just low lying developing placental at a very initial s...  Read Full »

My pregnant wife passed a little blood. Is it a sign of miscarriage?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife tested positive for pregnancy four weeks ago. Three days later, she was passing a little blood. Is that normal or is there a chance of miscarriage? Is Progesterone 200 mg a good tablet or is it because of this tablet that she is passing blood? Please advice.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing ? Usually in the initial few days of pregnancy, you may experience implantation bleeding. The blood that is released from the uterine lining when the embryo penetrates into the uterine lining may be released as few drops of fresh blood or as brown-col...  Read Full »

Why is there spotting and brown discharge with clots in a six weeks pregnant woman?

Query: Hi doctor, Now I am six weeks pregnant. I had two miscarriages before. I have some spotting and brown discharge with clots seen continuous from the fifth week to now. Two days before I went for scanning and a perfect heartbeat was seen, no subchorionic hemorrhage was there. But still, small spottin...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please take Progesterone supplements and adequate rest. Avoid having sex and lifting heavy weights, or bumpy drives. If properly treated and taken good supplements, miscarriage will be prevented. Trisomy and chromosomal anomalies can be detected by 12 to 13 weeks and fo...  Read Full »

I am six weeks pregnant and have an ovarian cyst. Should I be worried?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30-year-old female. I am six weeks pregnant and have an ovarian cyst. I had light spotting this morning and doctor advised me Isolan and alternate hCG injections. I have UTI and a constant uneasiness in the uterus. My current medications are Duphaston, Ecosprin, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana

Family Physician, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sometimes, the corpus luteal cysts are there to support the pregnancy. They dissolve over a period of time.and therefore require progesterone supplements to support the pregnancy. Follow the instructions of your doctor. She has given all necessary medicines. Take...  Read Full »

Lower abdominal pain and spotting with a positive pregnancy test. Should I be worried?

Query: Hello doctor,A positive pregnancy test 11 days after menstrual period. Please give your opinion.  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. May I know what the query is regarding? It seems that the person you are concerned is pregnant. Routine antenatal investigations are needed. An early scan at around seven weeks of pregnancy is also warranted. For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecolog...  Read Full »

Does spotting after I-pill rule out pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife started her last menstrual cycle on the 22nd of the previous month. We had protected sex on the 27th of the previous month. Unfortunately, the condom ruptured but, I was able to pull it out a few seconds before ejaculating. Just to be safe, she took an I-pill seven hours after ...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Verma

Fetal Medicine Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and understand the concerns. I-pill has the usual side effect of delaying the next expected periods by two to three weeks. So, most likely her periods are delayed due to the pill. I will suggest her to get a urine pregnancy test don...  Read Full »