Urge To Urinate

What is the treatment for redness on penis and urge to urinate?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 29-year-old male. I am having redness on the penis head and urge to urinate for the past four months. I had a habit of masturbation, but now I have stopped it. Can it be due to any structural defect in the penis due to masturbation? I took five days course of antibiotics and T-ba...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Sexologist, Diabetologist, Andrologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Redness in the penis can be due to local infection. Did you have any unprotected sex? If not, we can think of fungal infection. Share a picture for confirmation. Local application of Lobate-GM Neo (Clobetasole propionate, Neomycin sulfate, and Miconazole nitrate) oi...  Read Full »

I occasionally get jittery and flutters with uncontrollable fear of bad things. What can I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I sometimes get, jittery and flutters. Uncontrollable fear of bad things. I feel cold in my head, running stomach and need to urinate. My left side feels numb. What can I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Shubham Mehta

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms which you have mentioned are suggestive of anxiety disorder. However, the common medical causes of your symptoms like diabetes, hypertension, and cardiac diseases, thyroid disorder, and vitamin B12 deficiency must be ruled out. An MRI of the brain will h...  Read Full »

Are my urinary problems due to frequent masturbation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old unmarried male. I have a problem while urinating from past two years.  I have consulted my urologist, and we did many tests like urine culture, serum creatinine, and ultrasound KUB. After all these tests my doctor said there is no problem in my urinary tract. A few...  Read Full »

Dr. Raguram Ganesamoni

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to know about your problem. Frequent urination is a common problem called overactive bladder. Other than this, mild pain in the urogenital region can be due to neural pain. Masturbation usually does not cause these problems. I hope you had already taken a cour...  Read Full »

What causes tingling feeling when urinating?

Query: Hello doctor, I suddenly feel a tingling sensation after urination and a slight prick sort of a thing. I visited a doctor for the same and had been diagnosed with a urine infection. I also have a constant urge to urinate. He gave a dose of antibiotics which I had to take for three da...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your symptoms, you seems to have a urinary tract infection. The treatment is a full course of antibiotics which ranges from three to seven days depending on the severity of symptoms. Antibiotics usually give symptomatic relief in 24 hours but it takes mini...  Read Full »

I am experiencing an urge to urinate every 30 minutes. What could be the cause?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 28 years old, 6feet, 190 lbs. For a couple of months, I have been experiencing the urge to urinate every 30 minutes or so. There is no burning, no aches, no pains, or nothing out of the ordinary. I can hold my bladder. There is no leaking. Even when I wake up in the morning, I am...  Read Full »

Dr. Gajanan Bhat

General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are suggestive of an increased frequency of micturition. However, we need at least a single imaging study before we start treatment. The ideal one would be an ultrasound of the abdomen, pelvis with post-void residue. Please give more details about night...  Read Full »

I always have an urge to pee after mastubration. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old male. Sometimes, after masturbation I feel urge to urinate regularly after every minute even though there is very less urine. Also I feel pain, some pricking and irritation feel while urinating. Sometimes, even without masturbation same problem occurs. Please advise me ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is quite normal to feel an urge to micturate after having coitus or masturbation. However, having pain and prickling sensation while urination is not normal. It suggests that you might have an underlying urinary tract infection. Most common mode of contracting UTI is h...  Read Full »

Why is there urge to urinate with burning sensation in cervix after sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I and my fiancee had sex with condoms on the third of this month. When we ran out of condoms, I inserted my clean penis into her vagina for hardly 5 to 10 seconds. But as soon as I felt I am going to ejaculate, I withdraw it and I ejaculated on her stomach immediately after taking my ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana

Family Physician, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think she is having a urinary infection plus a vaginal infection. We might need to change antibiotic after culture report.  Read Full »

I have constant urge to urinate with blood in urine. Is it due to STD?

Query: Hello doctor, I just recently started urinating blood when I go to the restroom. I have a constant urge to urine and I have no idea why out of the blue this is happening. I am a male, 36 years old, 6’2", 190 lbs. I have no medical issues or past history of kidney problems or cancer. Can it be...  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Painless hematuria must be evaluated thoroughly and some factors must be taken into consideration like smoking, occupational exposure to certain substances, family history of kidney disease or cancer. Do not get scared sometimes it is something simple like urinary tract...  Read Full »

I have an increased urge to urinate after sexual intercourse. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18-year-old girl. Two weeks before I had an intercourse. From that day I started feeling pain when I urinate. I felt it is normal due to friction. But now the problem is getting worse. Now I realize I do not urinate as before. I felt my bladder getting full. I have an urge to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Seems like you have some vaginal or urinary infection which is causing the problem. Please get yourself checked by a gynecologist internally and get a vaginal swab test and complete urine examination. Avoid having sex till then. Wear cotton panties and loose lowers. Mai...  Read Full »

Why is there frequent urge to urinate?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 22 years old, 5.4 feet and 75 kg man suffering from a repeated urge to urinate in every one hour. This problem is occurring from childhood and is the same till date. No changes in this time interval.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having repeated urination problem. For that, you need to investigate as follows. Serum random blood sugar estimation to rule out diabetes, urine routine microscopic examination to rule out any infection, if present, ultrasonography pelvis to look interior of ...  Read Full »