Common "Urine Analysis" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Urine Analysis

Urinalysis is the laboratory test of the urine that helps the doctor detect problems that show up in the urine. It can identify health conditions like urinary tract infection, diabetes, and kidney disease. The urine sample is evaluated by visual exam, dipstick test, and microscopic examination.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

My urine turns white if my water intake is inadequate. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having a discoloration in the urine. Whenever I am not drinking enough water my urine is turning white in color. There is no associated abdominal pain. Is there any problem with this condition? Please advise.   Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have gone through your query. I would like to know a few more details too. Do you have any burning sensation while passing urine? Do you notice an increase in your complaints after a heavy meal? Have you ever had blood in the urine or any milky clots passing in uri...  Read Full »

I want to know about free PSA percentage test. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question about the free PSA percentage test. I am 67 years old and just had my annual fasting and urinalysis examination last week. I am not on any medication, and my results were all normal. My total PSA was 1.2 ng/mL, but my free percentage PSA was 17 percent. Kindly explain...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer Sameer Juma Ali Altawil

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Your age is 67 years, and your prostate-specific antigen (PSA) is between 0.9 to 1.2 ng/mL, and it is normal. The free total PSA ratio is created to differentiate between chronic prostatitis and prostate cancer for those who have PSA above 4 ng/mL and below 10 ng/mL ...  Read Full »

My urine flowmetry showed bladder outlet obstruction. Help.

Query: Hello doctor, After I got delayed urinating and had mild pain in the lower back, I got many discussions with many doctors, and the last doctor did a CT scan and urethra X-ray. He did a cystoscopy on me, but during the urethral X-ray, I got so much pain (before that, he gave me local anaesthesia), an...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and can understand your concern. Your urine flow shows some amount of obstruction. The urethrogram done has suggested obstruction in the prostatic urethra. However, a cystoscopy must confirm this to evaluate the entire urethra and bladder. First, I...  Read Full »

My uric acid levels are high. Is it due to anxiety?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 29-year-old male. When I urinate standing up, I notice foamy bubbles. If I do it sitting, there are no bubbles. I read in the internet sources, that it might be due to a high protein content in the urine, which may be due to a kidney problem. I got really worried and opted for a che...  Read Full »

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Your uric acid level is high, but your symptoms are not due to it. I would recommend you go for a urine routine examination as well as urine culture. If your report comes out to be normal, this could be simply anxiety. I would recommend tablet Febuxostat 40 mg onc...  Read Full »

I am worried about the repeated stomach pain even during urination for a month. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am in my early twenties and I am having frequent stomach ache for a month. The pain is either on the upper right side of my belly or the top center of my belly just below the chest. It occurs frequently during the day and even at night. It causes chills when I have the sensation of goin...  Read Full »

Dr. Arpit Varshney

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Pain in this specific part of the abdomen is related to either liver or stomach. It can be seen in a liver abscess (due to eating unwashed or unhygienic food). It can also be due to fatty liver. Apart from the liver, it can also arise due to acid peptic disease. Howe...  Read Full »

My urine culture test is normal. Is a chlamydia test needed?

Query: Hello doctor, If a persons routine and culture urine test is normal, does he have to do separate tests for chlamydia and gonorrhea? The patient has headaches and sleepiness throughout the day and burning sensation in urine at times.  Read Full »

Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode

Answer: Hello, Welcome to No, not needed if there is no pus cells on routine examination. This also depends whether one is having symptoms or not. Occasional burning usually occurs due to dehydration and most of the times this burning is also associated with yellow urine which further suggest...  Read Full »

I am experiencing painful and frequent urination. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23-year-old woman. I am experiencing the urge to urinate, but it is not happening. In the past 20 minutes, I have attempted three to four times, and each time, it is painful. The pain is persistent. Please help. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have read your query and can understand your concern. Based on your symptoms, it appears that you may be experiencing signs of a urinary tract infection (UTI). I suggest the following to address this: Obtain a urine routine and culture to assess the presence of bacte...  Read Full »

Why do I have high levels of lymphocytes in my urine?

Query: Hello doctor, I have done my urinalysis and CBC, for which there are high levels of lymphocytes and monocytes. Why so? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I went through your query. I went through your reports (the attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). Based on the results of your urinalysis and CBC (complete blood count), you may have an infection or inflammation in your urinary tract. The high le...  Read Full »

Can my HPV infection lead to VIN?

Query: Hi doctor, Before a week, I had symptoms of itching in the vulva area. Later, two sores or ulcers appeared. One on the clitoral hood and another one on the right labia minora. It burns when I urinate. I am HPV positive, and I recently got treatment for CIN before three months. I have attached the pi...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is better to have full investigations as you already have a history of HPV (human papillomavirus) and treated for CIN (cervical intraepithelial neoplasia). When did you have your las...  Read Full »

Is whitish discharge before my period normal?

Query: Hi doctor,My period is due sometime this week, and I am seeing a white/ yellow discharge odorless. Is this normal? For sure, I am not pregnant because the last time I had sex was over three months ago, and I got my period every month after that. What can this be? Should I be worried, or is this norm...  Read Full »

Dr. Settipalli Saravan Pramod

Answer: Hello, Welcome to The symptoms are suggestive of PID (pelvic inflammatory disease), which is quite common in sexually active women. It is advisable to have a USG (ultrasound) abdomen scan to rule out any other possibilities. Did you have any history of fever or any itching-like sens...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.