Viral Fever

What could be the reason for intermittent fever, cough and blocked nose in a 5-year-old boy?

Query: Hello doctor, A 5-year-old boy has intermittent fever, muscle pain, cough, and blocked nose for the past four days. The temperature is shooting up during nights and is normal during the day time. The blood test results are: CPK 23056 U/L. SGOT 513 U/L. Leptospira IgM and dengue IgM tests in pro...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The reports and history are suggestive of some viral etiology probably, however, it is advisable to do a blood culture also to rule out bacterial etiology. In the meantime, I would advise starting Ceftriaxone to be on the safer side along with proper iv (intravenous)...  Read Full »

Why do my reports show low hemoglobin and high platelet count?

Query: Hi doctor,My platelet count is going higher and hemoglobin is getting low. I feel sick. My report showed platelet count 5,85,000 and Hb 10.6. What could be the reason?  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: Mild bleeding or ongoing inflammation could be a cause. Any blood in stools or tarry stools or if there is any fever, then it requires evaluation. You need to check ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) and C-reactiv...  Read Full »

What kind of muscle pain is associated with ARS?

Query: Hi, I am a 31 year old male. About 38 days before I had sex with a CSW (Commercial Social Worker). It was protected vaginal sex and protected oral sex. Also there were deep throat kisses which lasted almost a minute. I am not sure if the condom was torn during the intercourse.  Since last 3 weeks ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sidharth Sonthalia

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi,  Welcome to icliniq.com. Based upon your history, my answer to your questions: 1. Are My Symptoms Related to ARS? Acute Retroviral Syndrome (ARS) typically begins 7-14 days after the exposure to a HIV positive patient, and may last for up to 3-4 months. The symptoms are typically "flu-l...  Read Full »

Can we use Tramadol and Acetaminophen for viral fever?

Query: Hi doctor, My brother, who is 27 years old, is having viral fever and the temperature was 103 degrees Fahrenheit since yesterday night. He has been complaining of slight fever for the past five days. We had blood tests and the urine test done yesterday and both were normal. We are using the followi...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. There is no role of Tramadol and Acetaminophen in treating fever. This may help just in body pain if associated. I suppose that he should continue with Paracetamol 650 mg 6 to 8 hourly along with Amoxicillin for fever. For chest con...  Read Full »

Even after the fever subsided, why do I have a headache?

Query: Hello doctor,I am having headache and fever for four days and I had Sumo cold and Gelusil. Now, the fever is less but the headache continues.  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A headache along with fever is a common symptom of viral fever. Since your fever has come down, your headache should go away or get better in a day or so. Drink plenty of fluids and stay hydrated and take rest. You can take Paracetamol 500 mg on a full stomach three ti...  Read Full »

Is it normal to feel tired and sleepy when recovering from bronchitis?

Query: Hello doctor,I am recovering from bronchitis and a viral infection. I had high fever and cough, but not much sputum. I took Cefoprim antibiotics. It has been two weeks now. I still have a cough and feeling very tired. I also feel very sleepy. Please tell me if this is expected.  Read Full »

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

Answer: Hello, Welcome to cliniq.com. The recovery from a viral illness may take time some time. Also, there is an excessive weakness because of the past fever. Your body needs time to recover from that. You will need to take multivitamins and minerals. If you still have a cough, it indicates persi...  Read Full »

My father has viral fever associated with delirium. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My father is 57 years old. He is having 102.3 fever and also some confusion and disorientation. The physician he consulted did blood work and concluded it to be viral but the delirium started after the consultation. Getting worried. I can send the blood reports across. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Srinivas Morampudi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If he has a fever and is delirious, it is not something that should be managed at home. Delirium can be due to toxic reasons (toxins can be substances released by microorganisms during an infection, prescription medicines or illegal drugs) or metabolic reasons (low o...  Read Full »

I have fever with dizziness, confusion and eye burning. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor,I have a fever of 101 C. It has been almost 12 hours. I cannot breathe properly. My eyes are burning. I ate a Paracetamol 650 mg about one hour ago. Head feels heavy. Dizziness and confusion are the symptoms.  Read Full »

Dr. Sandhya

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After careful analysis of the history provided, I would like to assure you that having symptoms of eye burns, dizziness and confusion while having a viral fever is normal. You do not have to worry about that. Having said that, since you have mentioned that you have ...  Read Full »

Please tell me the kind of fever I have from the reports attached.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 55 year old female. I am a diabetic patient since last 10 years. I am taking Insulin, Panlipase, Shelcal, and Pantocid on regular basis. I had fever few days back and taking Calpol. The doctor suggested some tests. The reports are attached.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. I have reviewed your reports (attachments removed to protect patient identity). The urine report indicates that the sample is either contaminated or you have urinary tract infection. Now, the fever could be viral, dengue or due to urine infecti...  Read Full »

Can Meftal be given for high fever in a baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is having a fever. Morning around 8 it was 100. I have given him Crocin. Around 12.30 his temp was 101.3. So I have given him Meftal P. Now (5.30) again the temperature is 100.3. What should I give him now? Crocin or Meftal? What should be the time gap?  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Parmar

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I got your concern. Initially, it looks like a viral fever. Let us wait and watch for the pattern of fever. Yes, for fever, if less than 100 F, do just tap water sponging all over the body. If 100 F to 102 F, give Paracetamol as and when the fever comes with a gap of...  Read Full »