Baby Fever

Please suggest a homeopathic remedy to stop febrile convulsions during fever.

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter has her first febrile convulsion after Penta 3 vaccination at night with a very high temperature and she was having an infection of cold also. After five months she again gets a cold and runny nose with fever and she got convulsion for less than a minute. In the next month...  Read Full »

Dr. Sheetal R Bhanushali

Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. She will be fine with homeopathy medicines and I will reply to you in detail soon.  Read Full »

Can diarrhea be caused due to teething?

Query: Hi doctor,My 10-months-old daughter got a fever. I have been rotating between Tylenol and Motrin every 3 hours or as I feel necessary based on her temperature. Yesterday I did not give her anything for a couple of hours, and the fever spiked to 103.6. I gave her Motrin, and it went back down to 100....  Read Full »

Dr. Bichitrovanu Sarkar

Child Health Specialist, Criticalcare Physician, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Many thanks for your query. Very often we put down these symptoms to teething, but this usually is a viral illness - a viral upper respiratory tract infection URTI. Teething by itself does not cause these symptoms, it is just that it is the same age that they start tee...  Read Full »

My 9 months old baby has constant fever even after giving medications. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My 9-month baby girl has nine days of fever (every 6-8 hours). First four days antipyretic was given. From fifth to the eighth day, Cefixime oral was given. Ceftriaxone injection till now and the fever is not fading away. Test like CBC, CRP, Epstein Barr agar, blood culture, urine cul...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The clinical features and reports you have shown are indicative of the infection. But and the infection looks like a bacterial origin because of predominantly elevated neutrophils and CRP. The common infection in this age group are urinary tract and respiratory tract...  Read Full »

Which medicine can be used to treat fever in a baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My son's age is 9 months, 12 kg, having fever since yesterday, we have given liquid medicine two times as of now (Paracetamol). After taking the medicine, fever came down and again back to 101 F, can you suggest any other medicine?  Read Full »

Dr. Vijaykumar Mundeshi

General Practitioner, Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. When we see a rise in body temperature we call it fever. Fever is a symptom and not the diagnosis of a disease. Fever can be caused by various reasons most commonly due to some infections. Fever is the body's response to infections, rise in body temperature, helps prev...  Read Full »

My 19 months old baby has fever of 102 and cough from yesterday. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor,My wife has a viral fever, and now it is transmitted to my baby girl aged 19 months. She has a fever and cough since yesterday. Today I checked her body temperature, and it was 102. Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please give syrup Crocin (125 mg/5 ml) as per the weight of the child (4 to 6 hourly if the temperature is above 100 F). You can give syrup Ibugesic (Ibuprofen) as per the weight of the child if the temperature is 102 F and above. Regarding cough, please give syrup L...  Read Full »

Why is there fever after vaccination in a baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is 5 months old. I have given vaccine to her on 18th of this month, since then she was having fever every four hours the other day too. After that she is not drinking breastmilk and formula too. Now only drinks at night time while sleeping. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Payas Joshi

Child Health Specialist, General Practitioner, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Usually, vaccines are not related to decreased feeding. Fever might be because of vaccine only but not decreased feeding, it may be a sign of infection. Is the baby dull or lethargic? Is there any recent Formula change? What about stools a...  Read Full »

My 2.5 years old baby had a high fever with low WBC. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, My 2.5 years old baby had a high fever for a day. The second day we did an FBC test (full blood count). It shows WBC 4000 mm, and platelets count is 140000. But the baby had no fever on the second day. He was very active, nothing rash or other symptoms. He was playing as usual. But sec...  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most probably it is an upper respiratory tract infection due to a virus, which is very common in children less than 5 years old. As the child is active, playful, and I assume he is eating well. The normal WBC count is from 4000 to 11000 and platelets from 1.5 to 4 la...  Read Full »

Can I give P-250 and Amoxicillin for fever to 3 years old child?

Query: Hi doctor, My son age 3 years old has a fever since yesterday noon, till now I have given six times P-250 5 ml dosage, the fever reduces and comes back in three hours. The temperature goes 102.8 F in the underarm. Now at 2.30 PM, I have given Amoxicillin 125 mg 5 ml with P-250. Otherwise, he is nor...  Read Full »

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. A fever has multiple causes, the most common causes are viral fever, throat inflammation. Usually, these illness does not require antibiotics (Amoxicillin). Antibiotics should be started only in a bacterial infection that too after doctor's re...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have fever of 101 followed by green color vomitings in a baby?

Query: Hi doctor, My kid is 4 years old (baby girl) and weighs around 14 kg. She has fever of 101 from last evening followed by vomitings and motions. She is vomiting green color fluid and passing stool of same color, we have given her Calpol 250 mg 4 ml doses twice from yestday for every six hours. Shou...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Parmar

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your history, I can suggest please go to pediatrician urgently. May be need to do abdominal sonogram because green color vomiting is unsual in 4 years old children, sometimes there may be lying some intestine problem like obstruction. I am not making you sca...  Read Full »

Why is the fever not going down in a baby?

Query: Hi doctor,My 22 months old baby has a very high fever. It has been fluctuating from 38 to 40 degrees. I gave him Tylenol but it still did not come down after five hours. I put suppository. Last week he was diagnosed with an infection in the stomach and was prescribed Nortop antibiotic and then the i...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In view of such high-grade fever in such a small child, I would advise you to take the child to the nearest pediatrician in order to get the child physically evaluated and blood investigations like CBC, CRP (and others as per physical examination be done). Though the WB...  Read Full »