Baby Fever

Will high WBC cause fever in small kids?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is 2 years old. She is having a high fever for two days now. Last month when she had a fever we found out that her WBC is so high. We tested her twice and the second test shows lower results but it is still not normal. So her pediatrician advised me to have a third test but du...  Read Full »

Dr. Manu Bharadwaj

Paediatric Surgeon, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Whenever we suffer an infection, our body’s immune mechanism comes into action. Those immune cells are nothing but WBCs (white blood corpuscles). So if the WBCs are high, then either there is an infection or the body is trying to fight bad cells in the body. WBCs...  Read Full »

Why is my 1-year-old son vomiting and has a fever and cold?

Query: 1 yr old son has fever and cold for 3x day he is also vomiting. Temp 39.  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: If temperature is 100 F or more, you can give syrup crocin (125 mg/5 ml) 4 ml sos 4 to 6 hourly. If temperature stays above 100 F for more than 3 days or if temperature crosses 103 F, it is advisable to get evaluated physically by a pediatrician with possible blood investigations based as per physic...  Read Full »

What could be the swelling behind the ear of a kid?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby has a bump behind her ear and head. I searched it online and found it as lymph node. I do not know what exactly it is but she is so irritated and she has a fever, I do not know what to do. Please help. She is only 1 year old and I am giving her Tempra.  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash Nagar

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are absolutely right, these are lymph nodes. Everyone has it but due to so many different reasons, they become a bit enlarged and can be felt. If they are not increasing in size, and not painful on touch along with a normal skin over it, then not to worry. It does n...  Read Full »

Please suggest a treatment course for fever ranging from 100-104 degrees in a small kid.

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is having fever ranging from 100 to 104 F which subsides after taking Mefenamic acid of dosage 60 mg per 11 kg of body weight. There are no other obvious symptoms except fever. What should I do? Please suggest me the course of treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Payas Joshi

Child Health Specialist, General Practitioner, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since when is this happening? Is there any difficulty in breathing? Is the child feeding well? It seems just viral fever, I would say just give Paracetamol every six to eight hourly. Do not give Mefenamic acid if it gets controlled with PCM.  Read Full »

Please suggest a homeopathic remedy to stop febrile convulsions during fever.

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter has her first febrile convulsion after Penta 3 vaccination at night with a very high temperature and she was having an infection of cold also. After five months she again gets a cold and runny nose with fever and she got convulsion for less than a minute. In the next month...  Read Full »

Dr. Sheetal R Bhanushali

Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. She will be fine with homeopathy medicines and I will reply to you in detail soon.  Read Full »

Can diarrhea be caused due to teething?

Query: Hi doctor,My 10-months-old daughter got a fever. I have been rotating between Tylenol and Motrin every 3 hours or as I feel necessary based on her temperature. Yesterday I did not give her anything for a couple of hours, and the fever spiked to 103.6. I gave her Motrin, and it went back down to 100....  Read Full »

Dr. Bichitrovanu Sarkar

Child Health Specialist, Criticalcare Physician, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Many thanks for your query. Very often we put down these symptoms to teething, but this usually is a viral illness - a viral upper respiratory tract infection URTI. Teething by itself does not cause these symptoms, it is just that it is the same age that they start tee...  Read Full »

My 9 months old baby has constant fever even after giving medications. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My 9-month baby girl has nine days of fever (every 6-8 hours). First four days antipyretic was given. From fifth to the eighth day, Cefixime oral was given. Ceftriaxone injection till now and the fever is not fading away. Test like CBC, CRP, Epstein Barr agar, blood culture, urine cul...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The clinical features and reports you have shown are indicative of the infection. But and the infection looks like a bacterial origin because of predominantly elevated neutrophils and CRP. The common infection in this age group are urinary tract and respiratory tract...  Read Full »

Which medicine can be used to treat fever in a baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My son's age is 9 months, 12 kg, having fever since yesterday, we have given liquid medicine two times as of now (Paracetamol). After taking the medicine, fever came down and again back to 101 F, can you suggest any other medicine?  Read Full »

Dr. Vijaykumar Mundeshi

General Practitioner, Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. When we see a rise in body temperature we call it fever. Fever is a symptom and not the diagnosis of a disease. Fever can be caused by various reasons most commonly due to some infections. Fever is the body's response to infections, rise in body temperature, helps prev...  Read Full »

My 19 months old baby has fever of 102 and cough from yesterday. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor,My wife has a viral fever, and now it is transmitted to my baby girl aged 19 months. She has a fever and cough since yesterday. Today I checked her body temperature, and it was 102. Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please give syrup Crocin (125 mg/5 ml) as per the weight of the child (4 to 6 hourly if the temperature is above 100 F). You can give syrup Ibugesic (Ibuprofen) as per the weight of the child if the temperature is 102 F and above. Regarding cough, please give syrup L...  Read Full »

Why is there fever after vaccination in a baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is 5 months old. I have given vaccine to her on 18th of this month, since then she was having fever every four hours the other day too. After that she is not drinking breastmilk and formula too. Now only drinks at night time while sleeping. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Payas Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Usually, vaccines are not related to decreased feeding. Fever might be because of vaccine only but not decreased feeding, it may be a sign of infection. Is the baby dull or lethargic? Is there any recent Formula change? What about stools a...  Read Full »