Baby Fever

What are the causes of high fever and vomiting in babies?

Query: Hi doctor,I am asking a query for my son. He is ten months old. He is taking mixed feed with breastfeeding and formula milk. He takes Cerelac also. He is experiencing a high fever of 39.9 degree celsius and vomiting for the past two days. He has diaper rashes on sensitive private areas. His poop is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.As your child is having a high temperature, he needs physical examination immediately. Kindly consult a pediatrician for having a physical examination and do blood investigations like CBC (complete blood count) and CRP (C-reactive protein) to rule out the cause. Physical ex...  Read Full »

How to treat fever, headache, and ear pain in a 4-year-old child?

Query: Hi doctor, My four-year-old child is suffering from a fever of 100 degrees. He has headaches with ear pain. Before a month, the doctor told me that he has sound production in his ears and so he treated it. Now he has a fever, headache, and ear pain without involving tonsils.   Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your child is having a mild infection in adenoids. It causes ear blockage, pain, and sometimes discharge occurs. You can follow this treatment. You can give syrup Augmentin 475 mg 3 ml (Amoxicillin with Clavulanic acid) three times a day after food for a week, syrup...  Read Full »

Why is my 1-year-old son vomiting and has a fever and cold?

Query: Hi doctor, My one-year-old son is having fever, cold, and vomiting. He has a temperature of 39 degrees.   Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq/com. If the temperature is above 100 degrees Fahrenheit, you can give syrup Crocin 125 mg/5 ml 4 ml (Paracetamol) on an SOS (save our soul) basis every four to six hours. If the temperature stays above 100 degrees Fahrenheit for more than three days or if the temperature...  Read Full »

What medication should I give for my 3-year-old with stomach ache, fever, cold and tooth pain?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 3 years old and weighs about 12 kg. She is experiencing stomach ache, fever, cold, toothache, and sometimes cough (not all the time). Her stool is watery, but she only did her bowel movement once since this morning. What will we do? What medicine should I give? Please r...  Read Full »

Dr. Oliver Chiapco

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The stomach ache could be from the fact that she has a watery stool. This could be a sign of developing gastroenteritis. No specific medication here. Just make sure she takes small sips of water or Gatorade to keep her hydrated. Try to feel her abdomen in different a...  Read Full »

What causes recurrent sickness in a small child?

Query: Hello doctor, I only want to show my child test reports and want to know the reason for his sickness. He is getting sick anytime. Also, he is a bit weak. Please check the attached reports of two different labs and advise me on the problem and the problem in the future. My son is not with me. We are...  Read Full »

Dr. Sudhakar Palanisamy

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your situation and concern for the child. Let us take one by one. Reports are relatively fine (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Nothing to be worried. The report shows your son has some infection, and he is fighting it properly...  Read Full »

My 1 year kid has continuous fever and abscess in neck. Kindly guide.

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 1 year old. Since 10 days she has a fever. From the very first day, we have consult pediatrician and he started Nobel plus for fever four times a day. We completed the course for five days and returned to doctor for follow up. He again suggested for Nobel plus twice a d...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome back to icliniq.com. I have gone through reports and history (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From the picture, it appears to be abscess only. Also, the doctor confirms it on examination. The next line of action should be an ultrasound of the abscess to look for e...  Read Full »

Will high WBC cause fever in small kids?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is 2 years old. She is having a high fever for two days now. Last month when she had a fever we found out that her WBC is so high. We tested her twice and the second test shows lower results but it is still not normal. So her pediatrician advised me to have a third test but du...  Read Full »

Dr. Manu Bharadwaj

Paediatric Surgeon, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Whenever we suffer an infection, our body’s immune mechanism comes into action. Those immune cells are nothing but WBCs (white blood corpuscles). So if the WBCs are high, then either there is an infection or the body is trying to fight bad cells in the body. WBCs...  Read Full »

What could be the swelling behind the ear of a kid?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby has a bump behind her ear and head. I searched it online and found it as lymph node. I do not know what exactly it is but she is so irritated and she has a fever, I do not know what to do. Please help. She is only 1 year old and I am giving her Tempra.  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash Nagar

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are absolutely right, these are lymph nodes. Everyone has it but due to so many different reasons, they become a bit enlarged and can be felt. If they are not increasing in size, and not painful on touch along with a normal skin over it, then not to worry. It does n...  Read Full »

Please suggest a treatment course for fever ranging from 100-104 degrees in a small kid.

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is having fever ranging from 100 to 104 F which subsides after taking Mefenamic acid of dosage 60 mg per 11 kg of body weight. There are no other obvious symptoms except fever. What should I do? Please suggest me the course of treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Payas Joshi

Child Health Specialist, General Practitioner, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since when is this happening? Is there any difficulty in breathing? Is the child feeding well? It seems just viral fever, I would say just give Paracetamol every six to eight hourly. Do not give Mefenamic acid if it gets controlled with PCM.  Read Full »

Please suggest a homeopathic remedy to stop febrile convulsions during fever.

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter has her first febrile convulsion after Penta 3 vaccination at night with a very high temperature and she was having an infection of cold also. After five months she again gets a cold and runny nose with fever and she got convulsion for less than a minute. In the next month...  Read Full »

Dr. Sheetal R Bhanushali

Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. She will be fine with homeopathy medicines and I will reply to you in detail soon.  Read Full »