Blood Group

Can two O positive blood group people get married?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old. I am planning to get married to a girl who is known to me. We have very good understanding. But, we have the same blood group that is O positive. Since blood group is a factor for having babies, do you think having same positive blood group could create problems for fut...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: There are two major blood group systems and more than 400 minor blood group systems. The major blood group systems are ABO system and Rhesus system, which are important. In the ABO system, there is A, B, AB and O. While in Rh...  Read Full »

Is marrying a partner with same blood group harmful?

Query: Hello doctor, Blood group of the male is A positive and blood group of the female is A with Rh positive. Can they get married? Will they face any problem in getting pregnant?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no harm in marrying the partner of same blood group. Every individual has unique own blood group and ABO and Rh system used most commonly. If you want to do preconception counseling then investigate with CBC (complete blood count) and if needed HPLC (high-per...  Read Full »

What problems occur when a couple has different Rh factor?

Query: Hi doctor,My blood group is B positive. I am going to marry a person with B negative blood group. Is there any problem?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. From history, I hope you are telling that you (male) is B positive and your fiance (female) is B negative.According to Rh grouping, a person can have Rh positive or Rh negative group. You both can marry and can produce a ...  Read Full »

My fiancee is B positive and I am O negative. Will there be any complications in my pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor,My fiancee is B positive and myself O negative. In the future, will there be any complications in my pregnancy?  Read Full »

Dr. Nadia Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There would be no complications during the first pregnancy but may occur in the subsequent ones due to isoimmunization phenomenon. It is a problem which arises if the mother is having negative blood group and baby is having positive blood group. But treatments are a...  Read Full »

Will a child operated for ASD have any problem in the future?

Query: Hello doctor, We, husband and wife, are (A+) same blood group. Also, our son is the same blood group (A+). He also had ASD problem treated and surgery also done completed. Will there be any problem for him in the future?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the surgery was done at an earlier age then the prognosis is good. Prognosis also depends on the size of ASD and whether a pulmonary vascular obstruction is present or not. If no pulmonary vessel obstruction is present then the prognosis is very good. As far as ri...  Read Full »

My fiance's blood group and mine are different. Will it create problems to our baby's health?

Query: Hi doctor, My blood group is AB+, and my fiance's blood group is AB-. Will different blood groups create problems in future, regarding baby's health or other issues?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You and your fiance can marry without any problem. Do not worry regarding that. The only thing that has to be done is checking the baby's blood group. As your blood group is Rh negative, so if the baby's blood group is Rh positive then it might lead to Rh in...  Read Full »

Will there be any problem in pregnancy if the couple have same blood group?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 25 years old. I am willing to marry my childhood friend. She is elder than me by five months, and our blood group is same, which is AB positive. Here are my questions: Will there be any problem during pregnancy? Any tests required to be done for ensuring no problem in future...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The medical condition that is troubling is due to Rh incompatibility. There is no possibility of that in your case as you both are AB positive and hence, your blood groups are compatible. There is no problem medically. You need not go for any tests too. All the b...  Read Full »

Mine and my wife's blood group is B. Will it cause any problem in our married life?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife's and mine blood groups are the same. Both of our blood group is B. Will there be any problem in our married life?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are two major blood group systems. ABO - According to this system, the blood group can be A, B, O, AB.  Rh system - According to this system, the blood group can be Rh positive or negative. You have not mentioned th...  Read Full »

My blood group is B-positive and fiance has A-negative. Can I marry her?

Query: Hello doctor,I am going to marry A-negative girl. And my blood group is B-positive. So, is there any complication or we can go ahead?  Read Full »

Dr. Y Siva Roja

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your query. To put it simply, persons of any blood groups can marry and have healthy children. But when the female is of negative blood group and male is of positive blood group (as in your case), the baby has a chance of having a positive blood group...  Read Full »

Will same blood group of couple create problem in the baby?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. I am planning to get married to a girl who is known to me. We have a very good understanding and we love each other. But, we have the same blood group that is B positive. Since blood group is a factor for having babies, do you think having the same positive blood group ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The same blood group people can marry and can produce a normal child. The same blood group is not at all contraindication for marriage and to produce the child. So do not worry about that. But if you both are relative, then genetic counseling before conception is nec...  Read Full »