Burning Sensation In Stomach

What to do if a person takes a hot soup and it causes burning sensation from esophagus to stomach?

Query: Hello doctor, Yesterday I took a mouthful of soup which is extremely hot and I realized it only after swallowing it. It is so hot that I felt like it had been in the microwave for too long. I felt the heat going down my throat, burning from the esophagus into the stomach. I rushed in and drank wate...  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. When you consume hot drinks, it can irritate the lining of the throat and the esophageal mucosa. There may be small burns, as you know, that happens to our tongue when we have something very hot. There is nothing to worry about. I will adv...  Read Full »

I have recurrent burning sensation in stomach after stopping medications. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have hyper burning in the stomach to chest area left side only, empty stomach burning much after taken food, cold water, fruits some relief but not full relief. Some belching also comes from the last two months, this issue from the previous 1.5 years. At present, I cannot eat hot fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concerns. As your symptoms have started long back, you need proper evaluation. There are many causes of burning in the stomach and belching like gastroesophageal reflux disease, gastritis, peptic ulcer in ...  Read Full »

I am suffering from burning sensation in stomach with back pain inspite of having medications. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 21 years old boy suffering from burning sensation in the upper part of the stomach with back pain. Also, I have to urinate many times and have the urge to urinate always. I take medicine Levofloxacin, a syrup and feel suitable for a few days but now I am suffering from these proble...  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Sonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The problems what you said above is curable. 1) A burning sensation is due to gastritis. 2) Urge to urinate, and frequent micturition is due to urinary tract infection. For gastritis take regular food at regular intervals and avoid spicy, peppery and masala foods....  Read Full »

Why do I have diarrhea after eating spicy food?

Query: Hello doctor, A few days back, I ate lots of green chili pakoras with green chutney. I am not really used to such pakoras but, I ended up eating them anyway. From the next day, I started feeling a burning sensation inside the stomach and, then started the loose motions. I have been to the loo nea...  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understood your concern. Your symptoms are suggestive of indigestion and acute gastritis, which causes a constant discomfort or a burning sensation in your stomach. The duration of diarrhea can vary. Once the underlying cause is tre...  Read Full »

Why do I have sticky stools, low back pain and loss of appetite?

Query: Hello, I am a 20 year old boy having epigastric pain only early in the morning before going to the toilet. I also have a complaint of sticky stools, lower back pain and loss of appetite. What would be the cause for my problems? Is it curable? Is it due to sexually transmitted diseases? Because,unf...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramya Marattil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Before advising any treatment, I would like to know the following: Since how long have you been complaining of these symptoms? Do you have any sort of abdominal pain or urge for defecation soon after the intake of food? Does the stool have any foul smell or contain...  Read Full »

Is chronic ileitis a curable one?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from IBS since the last year. I am getting diarrhea whenever I eat outside food. Recently, I have been detected with chronic ileitis with activity after colonoscopy. I am ready to send the reports for kind perusal of gastroenterologist. Is it curable? I am now o...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, these ulcers can be healed. But, it will take some time. Colonoscopy shows multiple ulcers in terminal ileum. The cause of these ulcers could be Crohn's disease, tubercular ulcers or chronic non-specific ulcers which heal by their own. But, your report does ...  Read Full »

What shall I do for acidity and stomach burn?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old male. I have an issue with my stomach for the last few months. I had Ponstan Forte (painkiller) for my headache for almost two years. I used to take the tablet in empty stomach usually and rarely after food. About eight months ago, I had stomach burn near stomach mout...  Read Full »

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms of the query are quite suggestive of a possible gastritis. It could be the painkillers that you had has done enough damage. I would suggest that you test with an endoscopy. Meanwhile, start with the tablet Pantocid 40 mg (Pantoprazole) once daily at breakfas...  Read Full »

I have a sore throat, post-nasal drip, and burning pain in my abdomen. Is it an allergy?

Query: Hello doctor,I have had a sore throat on and off, for the past few weeks. It is not severe, but more of an annoyance with some referred ear pain. This week, I had a family member, who is a nurse, look at my throat to see if it was red or irritated. She noted I had quite a bit of post-nasal drip, but...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be having some mild inflammation of the sinuses and nasal cavities. The same instead of causing headache or nose block is causing post-nasal drip which occasionally flares up as a sore throat. Let me suggest some medicines that I would do in my practice...  Read Full »

Stomach was burning and i had slight chills. What is the probable cause?

Query: Hi doctor, My stomach was burning for three hours yesterday night. I took Gaviscon once, but the burning did not go, so I took it a second time. I have slight chills. From two days, I am eating out, which was normal, and I did not overeat. I have eaten in this place previously also. I used to get ...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have developed acid reflux following intake of food from outside. In such cases, I recommend the following: A combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone, once daily. ENO thrice daily in a glass of water. Syrup Pan MPS (Dimethicone, Aluminium and Ma...  Read Full »

Why am I having constant burning pain in stomach?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having burning type gnawing pain behind my sternum since last one year. I am on Esomeprazole 40 mg since last six months, which ease my symptoms. Two days ago, my GP advised me to get an upper GI endoscopy. During the endoscopy, they found one small sessile polyp on GE juncti...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have any family history of cancer? Single polyp is usually not malignant. I have gone through your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Does physical examination reveal any lymph node? Overall, I consider the chance of malignancy to be low. Do u...  Read Full »